These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Battlecruiser Balance

Author
Byzan Zwyth
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-12-05 23:40:18 UTC
I've thought for a long time that their should be some love for the tier 1 BC's

The logical change in my opinion would be to slightly reduce the sig radius and slightly increase the base speed of the Tier 1 BC's so they are in effect a little smaller and faster than the tier 2 BC's, maybe a little lighter as well?

That would make sense to me, currently the Tier 2's are basically better in every way.
Kamenev Drang
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-12-06 00:18:47 UTC
Byzan Zwyth wrote:

The logical change in my opinion would be to slightly reduce the sig radius and slightly increase the base speed of the Tier 1 BC's so they are in effect a little smaller and faster than the tier 2 BC's, maybe a little lighter as well?

That would make sense to me, currently the Tier 2's are basically better in every way.

Aside from the fact an ASB-fit Cyclone can still eat one for breakfast.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#23 - 2012-12-06 00:23:55 UTC
Kamenev Drang wrote:
The Ferox, I cannot genuinely see any notable change to.

Correct. It still makes a great gas mining platform.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#24 - 2012-12-06 10:06:49 UTC
And the hurricane's gas sucking performance isn't reduced aswell :D
Robert Lefcourt
BigPoppaMonkeys
E.B.O.L.A.
#25 - 2012-12-06 11:52:22 UTC
Fronkfurter McSheebleton wrote:
I want to see the brutix lose its armor rep bonus, honestly. It would be brilliant with a falloff or tracking bonus instead. There's no point in having TWO BCs with an active tank bonus, IMO.

Especially regarding the fact, that active armor sucks in combination with turrets that need cap too.

regards,

rob
Perihelion Olenard
#26 - 2012-12-06 13:43:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Perihelion Olenard
Robert Lefcourt wrote:

Especially regarding the fact, that active armor sucks in combination with turrets that need cap too.

regards,

rob

Well, judging by what the devs said about the harbinger in their balancing blog, CCP will likely be improving armor tanking at the same time they balance the battlecruisers. I wouldn't mind the brutix becoming something like the current incursus. That way it doesn't become a less DPS version of the talos. In terms of their new system, brutix and myrmidon would be combat and the talos would be attack.
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#27 - 2012-12-06 14:07:19 UTC
Kamenev Drang wrote:
No, now it's impossible to fit with...well, anything.

And so the Drake becomes king?

Drake always has been king. It's my most flown ship and i've only owned one for 6 months. They dont die and the project amazing damage.

Now they Do even more damage.
Kamenev Drang
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-12-06 15:38:55 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:
Kamenev Drang wrote:
No, now it's impossible to fit with...well, anything.

And so the Drake becomes king?

Drake always has been king. It's my most flown ship and i've only owned one for 6 months. They dont die and the project amazing damage.

Now they Do even more damage.

Yeah. It was just nice when the Hurricane was even something of a contender. Now ALL the Tier 1/2 BC's have been nerfed into awfulness, save the Drake (and possibly the Cyclone).
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-12-06 16:30:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
I'm a bit butt hurt that the cane got a Nerf before I managed to spec med AC's but I'm really excited to try out a dual web nano HAM drake paired with a heavy tackle enyo or vengence.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#30 - 2012-12-06 16:38:23 UTC
Kamenev Drang wrote:
Byzan Zwyth wrote:

Aye, so can an active tanked brutix 1v1 , doesn't mean it's balanced though.
Kamenev Drang
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-12-06 20:35:45 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Kamenev Drang wrote:
Byzan Zwyth wrote:

Aye, so can an active tanked brutix 1v1 , doesn't mean it's balanced though.

So, wait, an active tanking bonused ship is better in 1v1 than the non-active tanking Tier 2...

And this isn't balanced?

HOW EVEN? I mean, yes, the active-tank bonused ship will not be as good in fleet fights where you have logistics and massive alpha (thus making raw buffer and damage the most important features), but that's just it's nature. You get a better skirmisher in exchange for not being as good a fleetfighter. That's what I call balance.
CaptainFalcon07
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#32 - 2012-12-07 08:19:37 UTC
I really wish CCP would not turn the prophecy into a drone boat. Drones suck and Amarr Drone Boats are mostly weak compared to Gallente in terms of dps.

The Prophecy should be a missile boat.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#33 - 2012-12-08 07:43:26 UTC
Crivens, you bunch of whiners.

Kemenev et al. in The Hurricane Sucks Party: if you want your 425 and dual neut welpcane, learn to Reactor Control II. Powergrid issues totally solved. Your argument? Destroyed.

As for the Cyclone totally eating everything alive? Now, 10% less due to the ASB nerf. And on that note, people can always go back to the old 720DPS buffer-gank fit I always flew, which now eclipses the canes of idiots too ignorant to look in the Engineering module section when fitting their Hurricanes. Er...yeah, I guess that does make the Cyclone OP, then.

As for the Ferox? The ship is out-DPSed and nearly out-tanked by a Moa these days.

The way it seems to me, Fozzie has moved the hull classes into roles. The role for an attack cruiser seems to make them push out between 450-550 DPS without going stupid gank. This is pushing at the lower limit of what a non-gank Ferox is doing and has always done, except you get out of the whole experience about 500m/s faster and 30-40M cheaper.

Bombardment cruisers seem to be hitting 350-450 DPS across the board. Given the tier 3 battlecruisers exist, these are gunboats which fit the Bombardment role quite well.

So. Looking at BC's, if we take the Hurricane to be an Attack BC, which with the judicious use of a single fitting module, becomes a benchmark at around 800 DPS. You can't make the Cyclone fit the Bombardment role as that is clearly the Tornado. So maybe the role thing will get a bit fuzzy, or maybe the vision is to turn the Tier 1's into EWAR Battlecruisers, which would be pretty interesting.

The Harby as an attack BC, is in the butter zone. It is equivalent to a Cane, DPS and Tank wise, and it is not really in need of a change.

Gallente wise, the Brutix will probably get a DPS bonus of some sort, and be spruced up to fit a beefier shield tank - losing the rep bonus maybe. It is pretty naive to think any armour ship can compete with ASB's and the surgery to restore active armour to parity with ASB's will probably see further things broken, versus balance. The Myrm is definitely not a bombardment platform and would fit more into the utility or EWAR field - leaving the Brutix as an Attack BC.

Caldari wise, Drake is the Attack role model and is basically fine, but the Ferox wcannot be the Bombardment BC, and better not get any rail bonus (Naga, CCP, Naga). So you really do start to want to see an EWAR role in the Battlecruiser hull class.

So what would a line of EWAR Battlecruisers look like?

For a start, as they'll almost all be Tier 1 hulls, maintaining the Warfare Link CPU bonus would be one essential role bonus to give them.

Given we have the Scorpion, BB, Falcon, Keres, the Caldari hardly need another ECM boat. Even the thought of a Ferox with 70K EHP tank, decent maneuverability, and 6 ranbow jams makes me /wrists. On the other hand, a tanky bloated Arbitrator style Prophecy; a damp-capable drone-spewing Myrmidon (ie; a mega-Maulus), a TP'ing kitey HAM-chucking Cyclone are all doable concepts.

So I would think the Ferox, in this role, would maybe gain remote sensor boosting (making it an invaluable pirate boat overnight), remote ECCM maybe, or even ECM burst or other bizarre bonus in order to avoid having to make an even more stupid ECM boat than already exists.

Minnie wise, if they do murder the Cyclone's awesome dual weapon platform and dumb it down to a giant Breacher, we should expect that it will be a HAM-chucking kiting ship with 650-750 DPS and a TP bonus. This will require 7 HAMs in the highs and the ability to kludge on 2-3 BCU's, a DCU and maybe a fitting module.

The Prophecy as a EWAR BC with drones will need to either field 5 Ogre IIs and utility highs (think: giant Dagoon) to get to 650 DPS, or be a Cycloneclone and Drake Clone, yet another HAM-chucker. I would hope they turn it into a bloated Arby with TD bonus, neut range bonus (4 x 24km mediums ftw) and 5 large drones for DPS.

The Myrm as an EWAR BC probably needs one more mid, a damp bonus, ability to chuck out 5 Ogres, and that's about it.

Under this fanciful plan, CCP would then be left nly with Logistic and Exploration roles to fill in the BC class, which I would think would be for some far future bizarro world where Scythes and Scimitars are no longer effective.

Kamenev Drang
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-12-08 14:28:08 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:

Kamenev et al. in The Hurricane Sucks Party: if you want your 425 and dual neut welpcane, learn to Reactor Control II. Powergrid issues totally solved. Your argument? Destroyed.

If that's how you destroy an argument, then please, never take up politics. Even the mouthbreathers in office now will WELP you.
Sheynan
Lighting the blight
#35 - 2012-12-08 17:21:46 UTC
I am still very mad at CCP for trying to remove splitweapons, instead of fixing them.
Alec Stacer
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#36 - 2012-12-08 19:16:40 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
MEH, AC shield hurricanes can still fit whatever the **** they want.

really, then how come I can't fit 2 med neuts with my shield buffer that used to work?
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#37 - 2012-12-08 20:44:10 UTC
ferox needs love
it's an awesome looking ship IMHO but it sucks ass Sad

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
#38 - 2012-12-08 21:35:51 UTC
oh noes cruisers are a viable fleet comp now....what ever shall we do?
Aria Ta'Rohk
Wildcard.
Boundary Experts
#39 - 2012-12-08 21:48:22 UTC
HAM Nighthawk anyone?

I'll take 2 carebears to go, with extra tears

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#40 - 2012-12-08 22:31:05 UTC
Kamenev Drang wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:

Kamenev et al. in The Hurricane Sucks Party: if you want your 425 and dual neut welpcane, learn to Reactor Control II. Powergrid issues totally solved. Your argument? Destroyed.

If that's how you destroy an argument, then please, never take up politics. Even the mouthbreathers in office now will WELP you.

Your toon looks like a clown, your argument is invalid.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Previous page123Next page