These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

The future of Data Dumps - Standardization?

First post
Author
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-12-05 23:14:10 UTC
Two step wrote:
Dei wrote:
Shouldn't this be a CSM issue to bring to CCP's doors? It doesn't seem right to be hacking away at the metadata in our own clients to get the data that CCP promised they would give us.

Perhaps you didn't see that pretty little banner over there
< -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bring this sort of thing up with CCP pretty regularly. Producing the SDE should be part of the release process, and shouldn't be something added on at the end

Thanks for the support.

Any insight on their take?

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Dei
Cosmic Core Industries
#22 - 2012-12-05 23:41:36 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:

I don't think you quite get it.

Dust and Eve, from a CREST perspective, aren't hugely different. They're the same backend. Stuff like mail is /identical/ (or near as damn)

Yeah but according to those minutes CREST isn't even being worked on - the team is working on Dust integration with Eve. This means no API, this means PI and ingame developments. The problem I was pointing out was that nothing is actually happening from a third party developer perspective as the news about CREST and the EVE API has been a giant black hole for 6 months.

I do note a few dev posts that suggest a blog post is in the pipeline, but I still don't see a blog post...
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-12-08 15:32:02 UTC
This SDE just supports the need for standardization.

Appreciate CCP Prizim X for his support.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Nik W
Critical Mass Inc.
#24 - 2012-12-10 01:56:08 UTC
If you are going to switch to YAML then please just do it. This bits and pieces is frustrating.

Also, putting out a data dump to say "let us know where the problems are" is a tad crazy.

3rd party apps are a big part of Eve's bread and butter. They are used on every scale imaginable from fitting ships to tools used to run the largest coalitions in game. Yet here we are nearly a week after a major expansion, and we don't yet have a working dump file.

CCP: Make no mistake, when 3rd party apps don't work, a huge chunk of your player base gets annoyed. It is completely avoidable.

IMO dump files should be properly tested and released no later than 48 hours pre-patch.
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#25 - 2012-12-10 17:22:40 UTC
Dei wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

Dust and Eve, from a CREST perspective, aren't hugely different. They're the same backend. Stuff like mail is /identical/ (or near as damn)

Yeah but according to those minutes CREST isn't even being worked on - the team is working on Dust integration with Eve. This means no API, this means PI and ingame developments. The problem I was pointing out was that nothing is actually happening from a third party developer perspective as the news about CREST and the EVE API has been a giant black hole for 6 months.

I do note a few dev posts that suggest a blog post is in the pipeline, but I still don't see a blog post...

Perhaps you might want to check out this thread on the CREST session at the CSM summit this week

There haven't been many posts from 3rd party devs in there, and certainly not a whole lot of feedback.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2012-12-10 17:49:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Two step wrote:
Dei wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

Perhaps you might want to check out this thread on the CREST session at the CSM summit this week

There haven't been many posts from 3rd party devs in there, and certainly not a whole lot of feedback.

If they wanted feedback from 3rd party devs, why not cross-post that topic into EVE Tech Lab?
Previous page12