These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: U and I – Our Little Improvements Together V3

First post First post First post
Author
Merouk Baas
#141 - 2012-12-01 16:29:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Merouk Baas
Sorry, wrong post.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#142 - 2012-12-01 22:41:09 UTC
Merouk Baas wrote:
Ok so the link is just a link. We're not passing on a snapshot of the info available to the creator of the link at the moment of the link creation. He sees B's ship and B's character, but he's just passing on a link to some Raven. The FC cannot "see" through the scouts' eyes.

I have always thought that would be an excellent justification/capability for the scout role in a fleet... that being for a squad/wing/fleet commander to be able to highlight his scouts and do a scan from whatever position they are in.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Keko Khaan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2012-12-02 02:30:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Keko Khaan
I love the new U and I but i hate new A and I.. Is that clr.. Mmmkay?

Good job still.. Anyways i can stil solo those rats with 1k dps turret boat but i feel sry for those whose cannot...

Later edit: I love the new look of vargur on buckiham
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#144 - 2012-12-02 21:57:18 UTC
Little things can make a big difference, loving all the reiteration and UI improvements that the Devs keep throwing our way Big smile

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Samroski
Middle-Earth
#145 - 2012-12-03 04:55:44 UTC
I would like express my thanks. Small changes, big impact.

Hope this is a regular feature, and minor issues continue to get the same love- as there were 100s of other paper-cut thingies in those threads.

Any colour you like.

pussnheels
Viziam
#146 - 2012-12-03 07:33:43 UTC
fixing small things like this will make this a good expansion , i am still waiting for the trailer tho

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#147 - 2012-12-03 10:15:51 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
fixing small things like this will make this a good expansion , i am still waiting for the trailer tho
Yes, the trailer is one of those Little Things that CCP karkur was doing on the side in her spare time Big smile

Perhaps it will be released today, who knows... Blink

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#148 - 2012-12-03 12:19:01 UTC
You ! Maybe :p
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#149 - 2012-12-03 23:15:14 UTC
Hope you like the trailer I made :D

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#150 - 2012-12-03 23:59:38 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Hope you like the trailer I made :D

: )

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

CCP Legion
#151 - 2012-12-04 09:27:36 UTC
Karkur, no idea where you find the time to do this in addition to all the other stuff you have been doing...
Awesome stuff though Cool

@CCP_Legion | Producer

Verlaine Glariant
The Kudur Cult
#152 - 2012-12-04 14:44:26 UTC
The D-Scan thingy needs an expalanatory video.

www.amphysvena.org

Cage Man
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#153 - 2012-12-04 16:37:52 UTC
Some nice changes.. but can we PLEASE get a sell all option so we can sell all loot without clicking a million times on each individual item.... PLEASE!!!!!
WheatGrass
#154 - 2012-12-04 20:47:44 UTC  |  Edited by: WheatGrass
I appreciate the additional targeting information you've made available as I've often been frustrated by not having it in the past.
"....now when you hover over a module on your HUD, you will see what target that module is active on. A really faint hairline is drawn from the module on the HUD to the bracket in space and to the corresponding module below the target (and the module there will also be highlighted)."

Anything you can do to make the fleet window more intuitive is appreciated such as this...
"....find yourself in the hierarchical view? Well, it can be kind of tricky. After Retribution it should be pretty easy to see what groups you belong to and find your place in the list because your wing and squad will be marked with green arrows. You will also be highlighted with a green background."
I've been participating more in the Buckingham server tests in the hope of becoming more proficient.
I did find some helpful YouTube tutorials by Eve Co Pilot.
Being able to expand and collapse the hierarchical view would be nice. For example, being able to collapse both the fleet and wing categories while still keeping the squad section open or expanded to reveal members would save greatly on screen space.

Maybe an intuitive overview will be next in the works -intuitive as in overview profile customization & usage and tab profile settings.

Thank you.
13 nonames
Jumpbridg
#155 - 2012-12-04 22:18:51 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
13 nonames wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
Hello dear, wonderful players.

Some time ago, we asked you all about little things we could fix that would make your lives easier. Today, CCP karkur takes you through some of the little UI improvements that have come about as a result of that thread. Read all about it in her new dev blog.

Enjoy!

As an indy i'd like to see stiffer penalty's put on people who commit crimes in hi sec and to see people who go gcc have there pods as well as there ships killed by cocord or at lest able to be targeted by players and killed also i would like to see a function for -6.0 pilots on the gates so they can't move around hi sec and going up in restriction for sec levels above 5.0 i do not believe that a global criminal should be able to move around hi sec.

I'm pretty sure this is not the right thread for these suggestionsSmile
Maybe it would be better to post them in the Crimewatch thread

no this is were i wanted it since this is the latest patch thread
Syri Taneka
NOVA-CAINE
#156 - 2012-12-05 00:29:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Syri Taneka
Umm, three little things:

1) Trade window. Every time I open one, it spawns in the default location. Which means I have to move it to the side so dragging something from inventory doesn't cover the trade window (no, I will NOT move my inventory window!). Sometimes, the trade window is even kind enough to spawn behind the already open inventory window, making me click more things just to get to the trade window in order to move it. Please please please set this thing to remember where it was last located on the screen and spawn there the next time you open it!

2) The new Safety button... its position has it conflicting with existing UI elements (specifically, the lines extending from the offset HP readouts on the ship info HUD). Please maybe move it to the bottom left of the cap/hp circle thingy?

3) A request for the inventory system - perhaps as a way to deal with the (still existing) major annoying problem of having my ship group expanded every time I forget to make sure my current ship is not selected before closing inventory, changing ships, and then opening it again: Set defaults open sections based on how you open the Unified Inventory. Details: If you click on Ships, open inventory with Ships group focused (and expanded). If you click Items, open inventory with Items group selected and expanded. If you double click in station (or click cargo in space), open inventory focused on current ship (and expand if applicable). Please?
Maul555
Xen Investments
#157 - 2012-12-05 00:41:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Maul555
Bug Report:

#1) My pos corp hangers on my Large ship assembly array are not being persistent enough. it is remembering everything except what division I last had open. It is constantly defaulting me to hangar 1, so I am forced to leave the tree open...

#2) on the inventory section of the E bar, you have "active ship" as an option. This is currently pointing to the cargo hold. I do not believe this feature is as requested. What we (at least a lot of people) want is a link to the ships hangar, not our active ship cargo bay. We already have this button, it is called the cargo button. In stations it is called double clicking your ship. it is also available from the tree at all times, and can be dragged out ,or right-clicked and opened. If you are going to keep it as is, at least change the icon to a cargo hold icon instead of the spaceship icon. right now it just makes me think about the ship hangar instead of what it really does... Even better yet... Keep the current option, fix its icon, and all other icons like it, and then add that other option in addition to everything else!

BTW, great work on that compact mode and "mouse hover = scroll time", I am loving it. Big smile

Question: Are the salvage drones supposed to be seeking out their next meal on their own? Is there an option for that? Because they are not doing that, i want them to do that, and I cannot find any option to make them obey my will...
Melissa Morada
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#158 - 2012-12-06 16:50:02 UTC
Two things I would like to see

1. Enable reprocessing / repackaging items which are in a container.

2. Containers/Divisions in the ship hangar - so i could seperate out ships for different uses.
Kaetti
Hawking Applied Sciences Institute
#159 - 2012-12-07 10:45:51 UTC
Maul555 wrote:
Bug Report:

#1) My pos corp hangers on my Large ship assembly array are not being persistent enough. it is remembering everything except what division I last had open. It is constantly defaulting me to hangar 1, so I am forced to leave the tree open...

this so badly
Deriah Book
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#160 - 2012-12-09 06:37:16 UTC
One thing that I think would be really cool is when we are scanning, could we click on a probe to center our view on that probe?

Just one click?

Really CCP? Do you have a friendly competition with some other software company to see who can create the most click intensive program? How much did you win this last round that you had to add the double click? In play mode where there are only 3 actions possible?

Wait... I think you are right... now that I think about it.

Can we make that a triple click? Pretty please?