These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Tier 3 BC's - Don't Pigeonhole Them!

Author
Rhinanna
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2011-10-22 00:27:18 UTC
You actually want them to obsolete the Tier 2 hulls.

This is why no-one will ever let you balance a game.... seriously fail.

They are already trying to make the tier 1 hulls viable, why would they then do something to make both tier 1 and 2 obsolete.

-The sword is only as sharp as the one who wields it! Other names: Drenzul (WoT, WoW, Lineage 2, WarH, BloodBowl, BSG, SC2 and lots more) 

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#22 - 2011-10-22 00:57:08 UTC
Rhinanna wrote:
You actually want them to obsolete the Tier 2 hulls.

This is why no-one will ever let you balance a game.... seriously fail.

They are already trying to make the tier 1 hulls viable, why would they then do something to make both tier 1 and 2 obsolete.

Because I want to pown tornado's gallente counterpart with my 800mm AC's from 80km with no fear that one will EVER be able to get in range to spit whatever dmg

I'll even make a thread about it and link the KM with explanation how I did it, well it will be short, "warp at 70, target, boum, bye bye"
Alara IonStorm
#23 - 2011-10-22 01:11:05 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:

Because I want to pown tornado's gallente counterpart with my 800mm AC's from 80km with no fear that one will EVER be able to get in range to spit whatever dmg

I'll even make a thread about it and link the KM with explanation how I did it, well it will be short, "warp at 70, target, boum, bye bye"

How you gonna do that without them just leaving?

You would need a second tackle ship.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#24 - 2011-10-22 01:18:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:

You already need to be masochist to fly Galllente so stupid is not that far, no need for tackle because he'll always believe he can do it, remember the "YES WE CAN"??
Then after a few losses he'll go straight at the forums enraged like a bull and cry about his ship not being able to do any thing else than kill mackinaws like the tornado, but with 5 shots and on top of it

/tount on
Also, Baltec will come here and explain you why he doesn't need tackle and how he's the Galenteean ubber powner of all eve universe and we all suck at using gallente hulls.

/tount off
Alara IonStorm
#25 - 2011-10-22 01:20:16 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:

You already need to be masochist to fly Galllente so stupid is not that far, no need for tackle because he'll always believe he can do it, remember the "YES WE CAN"??

Noted...

/Backs away slowly and doesn't make eye contact.
Russell Casey
Doomheim
#26 - 2011-10-22 03:36:16 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:

Then after a few losses he'll go straight at the forums enraged like a bull and cry about his ship not being able to do any thing else than kill mackinaws like the tornado, but with 5 shots and on top of it

/tount on
Also, Baltec will come here and explain you why he doesn't need tackle and how he's the Galenteean ubber powner of all eve universe and we all suck at using gallente hulls.

/tount off

I'm gonna laugh when CCP gives Gallente a 100km range/-500% velocity webbing as their "rebalanced hybrid" solution.
Endeavour Starfleet
#27 - 2011-10-22 04:01:26 UTC
The whole POINT of the Tornado is pure gank against larger ships (or similar with good skills) while being paper for tank. There is no need for versatility when you got the other BC hulls you can use.
Theodoric Darkwind
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2011-10-22 06:18:21 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
One word:

Snipers.

That's what comes to my mind. Big glass guns using speed, low signature and distance as a defense.

one aspect of them for sure. But there needs to be variety in their fits.

The thought of a 1400mm arty platform with the instalocking abilitiy of an artycane definitely sounds sexy as hell.

Or a glass cannon blasterboat with almost as much firepower as a blasterthron or hyperion, but enough speed to actually catch stuff.
Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#29 - 2011-10-22 07:41:42 UTC
Been trying to make people understand that making ship bonuses apply to all weapon sizes would diversify Eve Pew to no end but for some reason people like stuff to be predictable and CCP is all too happy to oblige as it is much easier to balance if all you need address is EHP and DPS.

The tier3's will probably have a fitting bonus to accommodate large weapons, question is if their base fittings will be high enough for them to use medium guns (sans bonuses) if they so desire ... based on previous stupidity oozing out of Iceland I am betting that the minnie tier3 will have any and all options open and three others have to make insane sacrifices if they want to mix things up (ie: same as for all other ships).
Amro One
One.
#30 - 2011-10-22 07:47:45 UTC
DiD not know the Stealth bombers where Viable with frigate size guns.

Will you morons ever think before speaking.
Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#31 - 2011-10-22 08:02:53 UTC
Amro One wrote:
DiD not know the Stealth bombers where Viable with frigate size guns.

Will you morons ever think before speaking.

Assuming you mean standard missiles/rockets and not guns since bombers only have two gun slots so you are setting them up to fail if you go that route .. no they really are not. Damage is negligible and speed/agility/EHP so poor that you will die against just about anything long before you become a threat.

You are better off doing a CovOps combat fit if you want the cloaky gank option on frigate level (Dramiel's die in droves to them, greedy little bastards)
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#32 - 2011-10-22 12:30:20 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:

/tount on

/tount off

What is this, I don't even...

Ni.

Pattern Clarc
Citeregis
#33 - 2011-10-22 12:37:50 UTC
In one word... No.

Ex CSM member & Designer of the Tornado. Gallente - Pilot satisfaction

Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#34 - 2011-10-22 12:41:35 UTC
Aerilis wrote:
I want these tier 3 BCs to make the tier 2 BCs as obsolete as the curret tier 1 BCs are. I want these ships to LIVE UP to their current hype!

You crazy? For **** sake man, you are crazy!
Leave EVE for our sake and yours.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2011-10-22 12:43:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Grimpak
Aerilis wrote:
First let me say the new BCs sound AWESOME. The Tornado is pure sex, and I'm sure the other ships will look amazing too. And battleship guns?? F'in win.

I just wanted to make one suggestion, and I hope CCP hears this and considers it before they finish development and it's too late.
Make the new BC's viable with medium guns as well.

While the idea of putting oversized guns on your ship sounds awesome, it may be of limited use in the current metagame. They wouldn't be very effective against smaller ships, and you wouldn't be able to field them against standard BS fleets because they're a lot more fragile. I don't want them to end up being that ship that you bought just because it was new and cool, but you rarely undock because it has very little practical use.

When you run into a tier 2 BC nowadays, you have a general idea of what to expect but you can never know for sure. Is that Drake HAM/buffer fit? Or is it HML nano? That Myrm, should I bring neuts to counter its armor reps? But what if it's buffer fit? Hurricane - armor or shield tanked? I want these new ships to be something I can use everyday, something as versatile and effective as the current tier 2 BCs. I want these tier 3 BCs to make the tier 2 BCs as obsolete as the curret tier 1 BCs are. I want these ships to LIVE UP to their current hype!

These are just my thoughts, but I hope they resonate with other members of the community as well, and that CCP at least considers this before they roll out these new ships.

That is all :)
so why using the hurricane/drake/harbinger/myrmidon at all if the tier3 BC's will be better?

you sir, suck for balance department. good think you're just a player.

one thing I must admit however is that making them overly specialized would make them not fit for T1, due to the simple fact of how tech levels are, apparently balanced (T1 = workhorses, T2 = role-specific, T3 = flexibility)

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#36 - 2011-10-22 12:55:04 UTC
Aerilis wrote:
First let me say the new BCs sound AWESOME. The Tornado is pure sex, and I'm sure the other ships will look amazing too. And battleship guns?? F'in win.

I just wanted to make one suggestion, and I hope CCP hears this and considers it before they finish development and it's too late.
Make the new BC's viable with medium guns as well.

While the idea of putting oversized guns on your ship sounds awesome, it may be of limited use in the current metagame. They wouldn't be very effective against smaller ships, and you wouldn't be able to field them against standard BS fleets because they're a lot more fragile. I don't want them to end up being that ship that you bought just because it was new and cool, but you rarely undock because it has very little practical use.

When you run into a tier 2 BC nowadays, you have a general idea of what to expect but you can never know for sure. Is that Drake HAM/buffer fit? Or is it HML nano? That Myrm, should I bring neuts to counter its armor reps? But what if it's buffer fit? Hurricane - armor or shield tanked? I want these new ships to be something I can use everyday, something as versatile and effective as the current tier 2 BCs. I want these tier 3 BCs to make the tier 2 BCs as obsolete as the curret tier 1 BCs are. I want these ships to LIVE UP to their current hype!

These are just my thoughts, but I hope they resonate with other members of the community as well, and that CCP at least considers this before they roll out these new ships.

That is all :)

9/10 dam this one almost got me if i didnt read the last few sections good troll my man, good troll.

PS. "I want" never gets
Iam Widdershins
Project Nemesis
#37 - 2011-10-22 13:15:33 UTC
I guess there's no need for me to be terribly specific as I join in the chorus of people shooting down this terrible idea.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#38 - 2011-10-22 13:59:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:

Noted...

/Backs away slowly and doesn't make eye contact.

Was self joking on my racial ships guns Lol

Gallente pilot at first here too, but too sad to see how winmatar is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better overall for the same job, so I just stoped inflicting my self the punishment of trying to have fun and started to finally have fun flying winmatar.

I hope I'm wrong all the line in what's about to come out but like every one else in this forum I'll make assumptions picking my small experience with hybrids and gallente stuff.

Has it stands right now the Gallente counter part of Tornado will be nothing else than the same comparison brutix vs cane, with hybrids buff (or debuff who know with CCP), no one in this game will ever make me believe you'll pick the gallente tiers 3 bc for whatever job other than station hugs gate hugs where even nanoed shield BS versions of hype and mega can do the same job a lot better.

I might be surprised and see this ubber bc being able to hit with his blasters for over 50km at full dmg without fitting mods, but everything under this will only help Caldari racial hybrid bonus and platforms using those since they have stronger shield buffer (5% resists or enough mid slots for tank/tackle leaving lows for dmg mods)

Still, 20km optimal with 40 fall off (just some numbers for the example!!) would still be the worst OP range of all and the worst dps in fall off of all. why would you use it unless it has the alpha of 1400Arty and the roof of a bonused HM's Tengu witch is not happening tomorrow.
Sure it will find he's uses, but once again and unless CCP radically changes direction for Gallente background, I'm not confident at all on their will to make gallente become a viable option vs all other races.
Previous page12