These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why does Dragoon the only new BS with split dmg types?

Author
Hazzard
Chaotic Dynamics
#1 - 2012-12-06 19:48:45 UTC
Dragoon is a mix of missiles and turrets which makes it a pain to fit for PvE. For PvP this works as you can make it a mini - curse with neuts, but why would you ever want this for PvE?
Drago Katsov
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-12-06 19:50:46 UTC
1/10 for the Troll.

Dragoon is a destroyer not a BS.
Denuo Secus
#3 - 2012-12-06 20:02:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Denuo Secus
But...but I'd really like such an Amarr BS! 4x 50km heavy neuts + tons of drones with bonus anyone? Shocked
It'sNotMyFaultYourMother ThrewYouAway
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-12-06 20:10:42 UTC
It's an EWAR ship you dumbnut. What, you gonna complain Arazu or Falcon is bad in PVE too now?
Ginger Barbarella
#5 - 2012-12-06 20:20:54 UTC
Hazzard wrote:
Dragoon is a mix of missiles and turrets which makes it a pain to fit for PvE. For PvP this works as you can make it a mini - curse with neuts, but why would you ever want this for PvE?

Someone in the design meeting was playing Angry Birds - Star Wars???

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#6 - 2012-12-06 21:12:58 UTC
Denuo Secus wrote:
But...but I'd really like such an Amarr BS! 4x 50km heavy neuts + tons of drones with bonus anyone? Shocked

BS sized Curse? Pirate

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

It'sNotMyFaultYourMother ThrewYouAway
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-12-06 21:17:57 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Denuo Secus wrote:

BS sized Curse? Pirate

Meh, Curse with bullshit sized neut!
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-12-06 21:37:48 UTC
Hazzard wrote:

Why do people ever fly an Arbitrator in PvE? Those high slots can be used for any number of things, you'll be dealing damage with drones most of the time anyway.
Alara IonStorm
#9 - 2012-12-06 22:02:01 UTC
I really wish it was 4/4. That way I could go 2 Neuts and 4 weapons that match up.
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-12-06 23:07:25 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Denuo Secus wrote:

BS sized Curse? Pirate

Isn't that the Bhaalgorn? Straight

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-12-06 23:33:21 UTC
Hazzard wrote:

I know that the ship is ugly with it's fat pregnant Coercer looks, but calling it a battleship is going a weeee bit too far, ain't it?

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Kamenev Drang
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-12-07 08:17:04 UTC
Hazzard wrote:

You wouldn't.
Solution: Carebear less.
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-12-07 09:08:32 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Denuo Secus wrote:

BS sized Curse? Pirate

Isn't that the Bhaalgorn? Straight

Nah, it'd be more like a Dominix with a neut/Nos bonus instead of a hybrid damage bonus
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-12-07 11:30:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Caitlyn Tufy
Grimpak wrote:
I know that the ship is ugly with it's fat pregnant Coercer looks, but calling it a battleship is going a weeee bit too far, ain't it?

To be honest, I consider the Dragoon to be the second coolest new destroyer, right after the mighty Corax. Talwar comes third a bit behind the both and Algos far behind them all. Aesthetics are always subjective, some people will love one thing, others another.
Cephelange du'Krevviq
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#15 - 2012-12-07 14:25:40 UTC
Dragoon with all neuts can easily cap out a frig in one cycle, or damn close to it.

"I am a leaf on the...ah, frak it!"

Flurk Hellbron
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-12-08 03:14:49 UTC
Cephelange du'Krevviq wrote:
Dragoon with all neuts can easily cap out a frig in one cycle, or damn close to it.

Any BS can do that..