These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Grinding Level 4's for Sec Status Now Irrelevant, Useless

First post
Author
No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Snuffed Out
#41 - 2012-12-06 19:37:37 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
a high sec status delivers absolutely nothing. No benefit at all.

This is completely untrue. There is tremendous value to having a high sec status; with a 5.0 security status I can kill a pod in Jita and this will drop me down to -0.01 or so. This is huge and basically allows for diplomatic immunity for one gank including the pod before I have to start making travel plans and work the status back up.

Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#42 - 2012-12-06 19:38:34 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Welp, the final thing that a high sec status was good for (no Bounties) is popped like a balloon.

A low enough sec status can keep one out of certain areas and all that. But now, a high sec status delivers absolutely nothing. No benefit at all.

Beyond Faction grinding for local POS anchoring, there really is not any need anymore to run beyond level 3 missions, as the rewards mean nothing with that high status. Although I am 9.5 to Ammatar Mandate, I can anchor in High Sec Khanid...and I've never even run a mission for any corp there or Faction. I don't need to (which is absurd in and of itself).

Why bother doing these missions if there is no benefit. High sec status applies nowhere but High Sec.

Not much to do here ingame anymore except make things, so it's definitely time to leave for more exciting horizons.

Market fees, faction data centres, etc, etc.

Also, stop posting. Your posts have all the appeal of an orchestra of dentist drills and sodomy.

So very appealing then?

Stop looking at me like that!

You have some serious bedroom problems

Or maybe I'm just really good at what I do if I can make dentist drills and sodomy seem appealing ;)

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Shylari Avada
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2012-12-06 19:39:22 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Always, I read the Neg 5 thing off the Wiki... Wait I went there and saw where I got it wrong. I never used them anyway, terrible system.

Same thing still stands if bounties are all that is important to the OP and you could put them on at -1 then the old system just made being above -1 irrelevant in his opinion.

I have a term for this Krixtal's style of argument here, I like to call it Mental Gymnastics.
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#44 - 2012-12-06 19:41:11 UTC
Shylari Avada wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Always, I read the Neg 5 thing off the Wiki... Wait I went there and saw where I got it wrong. I never used them anyway, terrible system.

Same thing still stands if bounties are all that is important to the OP and you could put them on at -1 then the old system just made being above -1 irrelevant in his opinion.

I have a term for this Krixtal's style of argument here, I like to call it Mental Gymnastics.

I prefer "Special Olympics Track & Field"

It changes up the game rules so fast the brain can't keep up and eventually thinks something works one way and it doesn't.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Kalen Vox
Veyr
The Veyr Collective
#45 - 2012-12-06 19:45:49 UTC
People don't mission so that other people can't place bounties on them.

They mission because they want ISK. And you still get ISK from missions.

And as others have mentioned, high sec status provides a buffer for whenever you do something nasty. As far as I can see, this is a non-problem.

Also, ratting in low is better for getting sec status than missions. Use a bomber, an assault frig, or perhaps a tier 3 BC if you are worried about being ganked.
Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#46 - 2012-12-06 19:48:02 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Loot, Rat bounties, Salvage and Mission Rewards would like to have a word with you....

Those are the lowest income activities possible at the 3-year player mark. No thanks.

>3 year player
>still runs l4s
Lol

wumbo

GallowsCalibrator
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2012-12-06 19:49:03 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Welp, the final thing that a high sec status was good for (no Bounties) is popped like a balloon.

A low enough sec status can keep one out of certain areas and all that. But now, a high sec status delivers absolutely nothing. No benefit at all.

Beyond Faction grinding for local POS anchoring, there really is not any need anymore to run beyond level 3 missions, as the rewards mean nothing with that high status. Although I am 9.5 to Ammatar Mandate, I can anchor in High Sec Khanid...and I've never even run a mission for any corp there or Faction. I don't need to (which is absurd in and of itself).

Why bother doing these missions if there is no benefit. High sec status applies nowhere but High Sec.

Not much to do here ingame anymore except make things, so it's definitely time to leave for more exciting horizons.

Market fees, faction data centres, etc, etc.

Also, stop posting. Your posts have all the appeal of an orchestra of dentist drills and sodomy.

So very appealing then?

Stop looking at me like that!

You have some serious bedroom problems

Or maybe I'm just really good at what I do if I can make dentist drills and sodomy seem appealing ;)

I guess some people just want to be on the news. 'Piles of dead bodies found with drill marks and 'other' wounds' in the papers sometime soon.
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#48 - 2012-12-06 19:50:32 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:

I guess some people just want to be on the news. 'Piles of dead bodies found with drill marks and 'other' wounds' in the papers sometime soon.

You know what they say, it wasn't good if they're still walking.

GallowsCalibrator
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2012-12-06 19:51:31 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:

Also 'any hole's a goal'; hence the drills?
Shylari Avada
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2012-12-06 19:52:14 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
It changes up the game rules so fast the brain can't keep up and eventually thinks something works one way and it doesn't.

So 'Bar Pool' then?
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#51 - 2012-12-06 19:52:43 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:

My lawyer tells me I'm not allowed to comment on that.

Also back on subject before the ISP get in here and start bashing our skulls in =(

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#52 - 2012-12-06 19:56:03 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:

My lawyer tells me I'm not allowed to comment on that.

Also back on subject before the ISP get in here and start bashing our skulls in =(

That would be ISD

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2012-12-06 19:59:21 UTC
Forum Rules wrote:

5. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a long-winded, redundant post, often filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

20. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are not constructive, insulting or rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

Thread locked for breach of the above rules - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Previous page123