These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

So the winner of this expansion is the Tengu?

Author
Ishmael Hansen
Renegade Revenge Technologies
Solyaris Chtonium
#1 - 2012-12-06 01:49:14 UTC
The only ship that can still carebear with pre retribution fit? aka pve fit

belt ratting solo in a BS isn't worth the trouble, bought a new shinning Astarte last week, 1347 dps with a whooping 3km optimal, meh, not worth the trouble, also sig is too big comparing to the tengu.

Drone boats got killed, haven't flown the Ishtar nor Domi, but I guess it doesn't matter to have big drone range if they get insta popped by rats, I guess it's the same with Carriers running anomalies.

Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#2 - 2012-12-06 01:58:30 UTC
Whining, hyperbole and nonsense. Droneboats are fine if you're capable of not being a lazy idiot, it's the same for ships who use drones as secondary dps.
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-12-06 02:12:58 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:
Whining, hyperbole and nonsense. Droneboats are fine if you're capable of not being a lazy idiot, it's the same for ships who use drones as secondary dps.

fanboi sound off.

---

Several changes were made that could be seen as better.

- Augoror is a good ship in another MMO similar to EVE but without the I-Win Alpha based one shot mechanic.

Speaking of drones, working as intended?
fukier
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-12-06 02:14:59 UTC
Ishmael Hansen wrote:

belt ratting solo in a BS isn't worth the trouble, bought a new shinning Astarte last week, 1347 dps with a whooping 3km optimal, meh, not worth the trouble, also sig is too big comparing to the tengu.

Drone boats got killed, haven't flown the Ishtar nor Domi, but I guess it doesn't matter to have big drone range if they get insta popped by rats, I guess it's the same with Carriers running anomalies.

what about drones?

i am flying a domi with sentires atm... belt ratting...

whats the problem?

LTP people
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-12-06 02:19:08 UTC
fukier wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:

what about drones?

whats the problem?

LTP people

I don't think he said it couldn't be done. He said it wasn't worth the bother. I don't know if I'd agree. Chaining in the belts as as lucrative as it ever was, granted it reduces null systems to 5+ is over populated but that's another story.
Ishmael Hansen
Solyaris Chtonium
#6 - 2012-12-06 02:32:48 UTC
fukier wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:

what about drones?

whats the problem?

LTP people

I have 9m sp's in drones that are of no use if I can't use other drones besides sentries.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2012-12-06 02:35:32 UTC
Ishmael Hansen wrote:

I have 9m sp's in drones that are of no use if I can't use other drones besides sentries.

My medium and lights are doing just fine.
ashley Eoner
#8 - 2012-12-06 02:43:43 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:

Do a mission without using the exploit to remove drone aggro...
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2012-12-06 02:48:46 UTC
Spent all afternoon doing anoms, when they try to go after my drones I simply recall them. Honestly you are acting like a terrible miner pre barge buff.
Ishmael Hansen
Solyaris Chtonium
#10 - 2012-12-06 02:48:55 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:

What is the exploit?

And why the hell is this forum acting up on Opera Browser :(
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-12-06 02:55:40 UTC
Still using a myrmidon to mission. The frigate and destroyer npc pretty much instapop out at 35km with 250mm Railgun II's. Of course the new AI requires more micromanaging the drones when they get aggro but this isn't any change to how I was doing it already.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-12-06 02:56:42 UTC
Ishmael Hansen wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:

What is the exploit?

Someone was trying to say that recalling your drones to remove aggro from them is some kind of exploit
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-12-06 03:01:18 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:

The drone mechanics was not great pre-patch, and they didn't exactly get better by giving us a npc ai the has increased chance of killing drones. While i have read posts saying everything is fine, some even claim they are better now, i still feel you are able to apply less drone dps do to increased drone management.

The old npc ai was way to predictable, and it made npc fights boring as hell. CCP changed the AI for the right reasons, but i'll be honest a say the new drone mechanic can be annoying. My hopes is that it will makes CCP start working on new drones mechanics in the near future. A redesign of the drone menu would also be nice, if they want to increase drone management fine, but give us some decent/fun tools to do it.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Ishmael Hansen
Solyaris Chtonium
#14 - 2012-12-06 03:02:44 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:

What is the exploit?

Someone was trying to say that recalling your drones to remove aggro from them is some kind of exploit

lol, that is stupid, drone users already had the short stick. In the time we had to wait for some spawns to aggro we could finish it in a tengu.

Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#15 - 2012-12-06 03:06:01 UTC
dexington wrote:
Vilnius Zar wrote:

The drone mechanics was not great pre-patch, and they didn't exactly get better by giving us a npc ai the has increased chance of killing drones. While i have read posts saying everything is fine, some even claim they are better now, i still feel you are able to apply less drone dps do to increased drone management.

The old npc ai was way to predictable, and it made npc fights boring as hell. CCP changed the AI for the right reasons, but i'll be honest a say the new drone mechanic can be annoying. My hopes is that it will makes CCP start working on new drones mechanics in the near future. A redesign of the drone menu would also be nice, if they want to increase drone management fine, but give us some decent/fun tools to do it.

Just because it now takes effort doesn't mean it's bad. It's not bad and it's not problematic. It's only an issue for non-effort 5 yearolds and afk/bots (not saying you're either).
Ishmael Hansen
Solyaris Chtonium
#16 - 2012-12-06 03:06:10 UTC
dexington wrote:
Vilnius Zar wrote:

I like the idea of npcs/players shooting your turrets/launchers, with a turret hold like the drone bay. Then I would love to watch the whinning
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#17 - 2012-12-06 03:10:45 UTC
It's funny because I thought tengus were being hit really hard.

What should I believe, EVEO forums?!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#18 - 2012-12-06 03:14:55 UTC
Ishmael Hansen wrote:
I like the idea of npcs/players shooting your turrets/launchers, with a turret hold like the drone bay. Then I would love to watch the whinning
Sure thing, they'll shoot free T2 ammo tho, yes?
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#19 - 2012-12-06 03:21:47 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
It's funny because I thought tengus were being hit really hard.

What should I believe, EVEO forums?!

All drones go to heaven so it's OK.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-12-06 03:33:54 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:
dexington wrote:
Vilnius Zar wrote:

Just because it now takes effort doesn't mean it's bad. It's not bad and it's not problematic. It's only an issue for non-effort 5 yearolds and afk/bots (not saying you're either).

Drones takes more effort then other weapon systems, which is the downside of using drones but also what makes then fun to use. You can apply full dps/ewar/rep at close to any range with the right fit, not using cpu/pg/cap, but drones can die and they will die if you don't watch them.

When running missions only to make isk, drones are reduced to just being a weapon system. And if it takes more effort and does less dps, it's less effective then other weapon system. I don't know if that means drones are bad/problematic/broken, but i do think it suggest there is room for improvement.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

123Next pageLast page