These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Venture and the Rorqual

Author
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-12-05 21:25:39 UTC
So, the Rorqual's Ship Maintenance Bay can only hold mining and industrial ships and the T2 variants.

The new ORE mining frigate doesn't seem to be considered a mining or industrial ship, as the game won't let me load it into my Rorq's ship hanger.

I would suggest removing the limitation on the Rorqual's ship hanger, but I'll settle for the Venture being considered a mining ship by the game.

tia
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#2 - 2012-12-05 23:24:53 UTC
File a bug report imo
Kitt JT
True North.
#3 - 2012-12-06 00:30:34 UTC
yeah, prolly just a bug, or something they overlooked.
Li Quiao
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-12-06 20:36:03 UTC
No, working as designed. A rorqual's hangar is limited to Industrials, Barges and Exhumers. Frigates, even "mining" frigates, don't qualify.
Tho'mas
Nerds United
#5 - 2012-12-06 20:47:20 UTC
Li Quiao wrote:
No, working as designed. A rorqual's hangar is limited to Industrials, Barges and Exhumers. Frigates, even "mining" frigates, don't qualify.

Can anyone explain why they would do that? Doesn't make much sense to me. Granted I know nothing about mining or industry in the game.
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-12-06 21:06:49 UTC
Tho'mas wrote:
Li Quiao wrote:

Can anyone explain why they would do that? Doesn't make much sense to me. Granted I know nothing about mining or industry in the game.

I would guess so that people don't use the ship as a regular carrier. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since a carrier is cheaper and has more offensive and defensive capabilities. And mining in out in nullsec often requires battlecruiser or better to deal with the rats, but you can't bring one along with you. But you can put a Noctis in the ship hanger, so go figure.
Minty Moon
#7 - 2012-12-07 03:47:37 UTC
package them up and load them into the cargo hangar?