These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones are wet paper bags now

First post
Author
Sedalectra
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#121 - 2012-12-05 19:55:44 UTC
Ioci wrote:
You mean like the kite fit HML Tengu they just nerfed?
CCP's war on their own content won't slow down because of silly little things like players.

The nerf to HML was so negligible, I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't look at my fitting window. I think I lost like not even 20 dps. Oh the horror.
Dark Assassin15
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2012-12-05 20:37:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Dark Assassin15
insert witty comment here..

[img]http://www.invokemethod.com/repo/failedsig.png[/img]

Josef Djugashvilis
#123 - 2012-12-05 20:42:14 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
A friend and I just ran what must have been about twenty level four missions. We had no issues in completing them. We were in Domis.

It is the solo mission runner like myself, who runs missions to pay for pvp who is really in the poo poo What?

This is not a signature.

starbelt stacy
Project-Gonk
#124 - 2012-12-05 20:45:35 UTC
god bless the "cancel subscription" button ... Cool
Josef Djugashvilis
#125 - 2012-12-05 20:56:45 UTC
starbelt stacy wrote:
god bless the "cancel subscription" button ... Cool

In another thread some time ago, I said that my biggest mistake was paying for Eve by annual subscription.

On the good side, perhaps I shall find something else to do in Eve before my subscription gets renewed, or not, next July.

I am currently training Cruiser V to get into an Ishtar for exploration, the one thing that I have always really wanted to do.

Ishtar and Drones - lol

This is not a signature.

Master Gotama
Black Sky Hipsters
#126 - 2012-12-05 21:01:35 UTC
has anyone tried RR'ing drones once they're aggroed? could act as a nice drone tank if done properly.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2012-12-05 22:01:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Onictus
Master Gotama wrote:
has anyone tried RR'ing drones once they're aggroed? could act as a nice drone tank if done properly.

Better hope your target is in your grill or you are in a carrier, that 8km only helps with Sentries.

So Phoon, Domi, Rattler, Gila, Ishtar, Geddon, and Mach (and Navy variants) those are you sub caps.

........and have fun with the elite frigates on those ships that only have 125m3 Drone Bays, you can't neut out rats.

I've had a frigate pin me in a belt (using a sentry pulse geddon) for a LONG time until I managed to burn far enough away that my Curators could hit the dam thing, you need to pull 20km pull with every sentry not a Garde,, and good luck with that if the things are switching to the sentries, you have to sit there until you fly an alt in, get help or get ganked.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#128 - 2012-12-05 22:18:04 UTC
Amitious Turkey wrote:
Wormhole pve has been this way for 3 years...and I seem to recall that even back then they wanted to expand the new AI to every npc.

So congrats on protesting a change that's been 3 years in the making.What? Maybe you could look up wormhole fits and adapt them to lvl4's.

WH PvE had up to 35 ships insta-aggroing you, starting at 2000 meters and possibly with webbing + cruise towers?

That's new to me.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2012-12-05 22:21:14 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Amitious Turkey wrote:
Wormhole pve has been this way for 3 years...and I seem to recall that even back then they wanted to expand the new AI to every npc.

So congrats on protesting a change that's been 3 years in the making.What? Maybe you could look up wormhole fits and adapt them to lvl4's.

WH PvE had up to 35 ships insta-aggroing you, starting at 2000 meters and possibly with webbing + cruise towers?

That's new to me.

Question, do sleepers tend to do as much damping, jamming and tracking disruption as mission rats? Also, it's worth noting that sleepers don't have the sig based AI which makes drones the top of the menu for NPC frigates at last check.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#130 - 2012-12-05 22:32:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Sergeant Acht Scultz
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Amitious Turkey wrote:

That's new to me.

Question, do sleepers tend to do as much damping, jamming and tracking disruption as mission rats? Also, it's worth noting that sleepers don't have the sig based AI which makes drones the top of the menu for NPC frigates at last check.

Should I remember you what a BC sized Sleeper can do to your team?

-shoot A:check
-rep buddy Sleeper:check
-neut B:check
-disrupt C:check

Not sure if this is still happening but at some point or at least in some sites the same rat could also on top top of the list above, web someone else and do other nasty stuff not sure about since makes a long time I haven't been there.

So no, lvl4 rats can't and don't ever do all of this at the same and individually, except for some frigates webbing/disrupting/shoot but are less than a problem.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#131 - 2012-12-05 22:34:26 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:

Cool Thanks, I think I remember now.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Amanda Haley
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#132 - 2012-12-05 22:45:11 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Amitious Turkey wrote:

That's new to me.

Not sure if this is still happening but at some point or at least in some sites the same rat could also on top top of the list above, web someone else and do other nasty stuff not sure about since makes a long time I haven't been there.

So no, lvl4 rats can't and don't ever do all of this at the same and individually, except for some frigates webbing/disrupting/shoot but are less than a problem.

That's why through all my wh gang experience I only saw Domi, proteus and myrm ships clearing anomalies. Definitely not tengus and drakes 90% of time. The only droneboats i saw were carriers or some young tourist cleaning c1s.

dont forget to tell me how many anoms have gets in them and how you cant control range where to land on NPC to be in right distance with ship and that rewards are so bad compared.

Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#133 - 2012-12-05 22:58:04 UTC
Buff drones! (-:

No

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2012-12-05 22:58:35 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Amitious Turkey wrote:

That's new to me.

Mission rats tend not to have to do all of this individually due in large part to their greater numbers, especially against solo pilots, but I ask as we have at least 1 if not 2 differences in the 2 AI's. 3 if you count splitting Ewar/DPS to different targets. I've not been damped by sleepers the way I have by serpentis, nor jammed frequently if at all as I recall. And either I just didn't notice as I was using missiles at the time or I've never been under TD affects from them either. The more important one is that sleeper frigs to my knowledge don't have any greater propensity to hate drones than anything else, while mission AI now hates drones by design at the frigate level.

So I am genuinely asking, do sleepers do all those types of ewar while having dedicated drone haters?
Beiny Lemmont
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#135 - 2012-12-05 23:05:33 UTC
first : about new "AI" its not AI but: .. I AAAAAA, I AAAAAAA or DRONESHOLOCAUST

Why ?
Result is simple CCP damaged all players around. I bougt one day before this patch finaly raven navy to run lev 4 misions after half year of skilling. Now I cant run level 4 missions because I DONT HAVE DRONES ! all my drones are killed in few seconds imediately after putting out..
Without drones Im totaly loosed because I cant aply dmg by shooting cruise missiles on frigates or destroyers sou im not able to continue in mission (frustrate).
of course this is not only problem of raven navy ..

so what to say ? CCP damaged all players around / next nonsens of CCP

"thanks CCP",, realy good strategy how to brown players off ...
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#136 - 2012-12-05 23:11:17 UTC

You should do some more missions.

There are some where you get ECM (6 elite ships) in one room with one damage type, then damp in the next room (and another damage type).
Irya Boone
The Scope
#137 - 2012-12-05 23:27:44 UTC
NPC should have Defenders missiles too I guess Idea

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#138 - 2012-12-05 23:53:04 UTC
Excellent change for the game.

The Tears Must Flow

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#139 - 2012-12-05 23:54:58 UTC
Irya Boone wrote:
NPC should have Defenders missiles too I guess Idea

Some have FoF.
ashley Eoner
#140 - 2012-12-06 00:00:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Remiel Pollard wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
Quote:

Additionally, if you think CCP is going to have any financial problems from the teeny few people unsubbing who probably use plex on their accounts anyway due to far-too-much isk generation from level 4 missions... well, let's just say there's a reason the tantrum posts like yours have not been addressed by the devs.
Uh someone had to pay real money for that plex at some point. The rest of your post was about as coherent...

Are you sure about that? People don't pay $20 for a plex (which is $5 more than a one month sub and does the same thing) to fund their account. If people are using plex to extend their count, they are buying it in game with isk, not real money, hence how some people actually play the game for free. The only people who buy isk with real money are those that are selling it in game for isk to people that want to use it to extend their sub for free, paying isk instead of real money.

Do you understand how it works now, or shall I teach you how to use a calculator? If people are buying isk off the eve store for $5 more than a one month sub to extend their sub, then they have already failed at eve.
Wow you are certainly a special person..In order for a plex to appear in game someone somewhere had to of paid real money for it. So NO one is playing the game for free EVERYONE is paying either directly or indirectly. The fact that you cannot comprehend such a simple concept really shines a light on the rest of your incoherent rants..

AS for those of you who are like "OMG RECALL YOUR DROENS I DIDN"T LOSE A SINGLE ONE OVER 400 MISSIONS!!!1". Well you're technically exploiting a bug/defect that CCP is aware of and probably will fix soon. As the developer foxfour said in another thread

Quote:
While we consider the fact that the AI will only shoot your first flight of drones (this is based on specific criteria such as sig radius) and not a second wave to be a defect, we are not publishing the fix with Retribution.

So when they fix that bug you'll be in the same boat with the rest of us who aren't exploiting.