These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

as if millions of carebears suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Author
Lugalzagezi666
#21 - 2012-12-05 12:51:59 UTC
Worlds collide for example - full agro on warpin + 8-10 scram frigs. Fun times.Lol
Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#22 - 2012-12-05 12:54:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Caellach Marellus
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:
Worlds collide for example - full agro on warpin + 8-10 scram frigs. Fun times.Lol

Odd you mention this, because I noticed a reverse change here yesterday.

Serpentis/Gurista version, hit the Serpentis gate to see only the Overseer there, the remaining groups began to spawn over time, the only one that aggressed was the immediate Spy and nearby frigates, the other groups were either waiting for me to kill the tackle frigates (causing full room aggro) or pick them off one group at a time.

I've always known the rats to all be in the room on arrival, and more groups targeting me.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Lugalzagezi666
#23 - 2012-12-05 13:03:57 UTC
I ran angel side of angel/sansha wc.

2nd pocket - all aggressed except group on acc gate (without shooting or even moving). 3rd pocket - full aggro on warp in without approaching or shooting anything. Ive personally never seen rats "warping into" wc after I was already in there.
Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#24 - 2012-12-05 13:08:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Caellach Marellus
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:
I ran angel side of angel/sansha wc.

2nd pocket - all aggressed except group on acc gate (without shooting or even moving). 3rd pocket - full aggro on warp in without approaching or shooting anything. Ive personally never seen rats "warping into" wc after I was already in there.

Me neither till yesterday, they all arrived after I did, with the exception of the Overseer who was present.

I'll have to move base and try out the new Angel/Sansha one, sounds fun.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Xtype Ass Penetration
Great Eastern
#25 - 2012-12-05 14:48:33 UTC
tell me how you call back your ogre's from 45km if they got webbed by an npc, i know either you go at zero range and scoop them or dont use ogres anymore. But sure, you tested every perspective of drone boats and were just noobs. Sure, tell me more of this cool story.
Sir John Halsey
#26 - 2012-12-05 15:05:31 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
alright, we get it, missioning with drone boats sucks. can we now please unrustle our jimmies and adapt?

I would send those who complain for a few weeks in a C3 WH to learn to manage their drones Pirate
Shadowschild
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-12-05 16:26:23 UTC
Annunaki soldier wrote:
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
Dztrgovac wrote:
"Adapting" means only less variation and being forced to Tengus, Golems and Machs. This change makes life difficult to every PVE ship that relied on drones to kill tackle frigs. It destroyed full on drone boats.

No, "adapt" means "learn to use drones correctly". I've been using several drone boats on my alt yesterday and yet didn't lose a single drone - while dual-running this character as well, both on Tengu (no drones) and CNR (drones to kill frigs). Zomg, rocket science!

(That said, I'd much appreciate a UI update for the drones. Watching five tiny health bars on the side of the screen is kinda annoying at times)

get your ship into anomalies , take sanctums or hordes for example , and use a drone boat. Then come again and tell us your feedback. Else take that CNR , and do some lvl 4 (i assume you tryed there) that they are lots of frigs inside the pocket like wc , then try again with your drones. You will understand why those changes annoyed so much people.

I used a drone boat with sentries in a sanctum, get the odd drone aggro.
I did notice the santums were cut short by 1 or 2 waves.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#28 - 2012-12-05 17:02:06 UTC
Sir John Halsey wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:
alright, we get it, missioning with drone boats sucks. can we now please unrustle our jimmies and adapt?

I would send those who complain for a few weeks in a C3 WH to learn to manage their drones Pirate

In a C3 wormhole you have 10 scramming frigs plus a big bunches of every other size ship on you at once?

This is the point some of us tried to make to ccp, wormholes/incursions were created "from whole cloth" ie the content was designed with npc strength and behavior in mind, thus you don't end up fighting 30 ships at once in a wormhole unless you do something crazy in the bigger ones.

The majority of missions and complexes in the game were desinged during the dumb AI era and some of them have litteral boatloads of npcs compared to wormholes and incursions. it would have been better for ccp to make mission/complex content that was compatible with new AI rather than tacking on new ai to old content not built for it.

Shaotuk
Sin City Enterprises
#29 - 2012-12-05 17:13:15 UTC
Xtype Ass Penetration wrote:
tell me how you call back your ogre's from 45km if they got webbed by an npc, i know either you go at zero range and scoop them or dont use ogres anymore. But sure, you tested every perspective of drone boats and were just noobs. Sure, tell me more of this cool story.

Orbit your drones.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#30 - 2012-12-05 17:58:59 UTC
Scramming frigs? Please scram my sentries! Web them too! Give me a reason to fit LST's on my Domi!

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#31 - 2012-12-06 00:34:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Goldiiee
Worlds collide was simple in a MWD mach, even with webs on me I outrun the Spies and pop everything in the room from a comfortable distance never released my drones.

A few more ‘fun’ things I have found: Mordus headhunters is a hoot. Never thought I would have to tank that whole room. Was a real test of Bowl retention.

Infiltrated Outpost is suddenly an obstacle course with a giant Veld Roid directly between the warp in and the next room gate.

Dread Pirate Scarlet seems to have lost a few of the spawns, but the agro shift actually works for a pulse tank pair, (lets one ship recharge while the other tanks for awhile).

Assuming the full room agro is a bug, tomorrow when they fix it ??? I will find the missions considerably less interesting but for now, Missions are ‘fun’ again.

For anyone that stopped doing missions due to boredom you should grab a ship and try them out before they ‘fix’ it :) .

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Anneliese Pollard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-12-06 00:57:36 UTC
goldiiee wrote:
Worlds collide was simple in a MWD mach, even with webs on me I outrun the Spies and pop everything in the room from a comfortable distance never released my drones.

A few more ‘fun’ things I have found: Mordus headhunters is a hoot. Never thought I would have to tank that whole room. Was a real test of Bowl retention.

Infiltrated Outpost is suddenly an obstacle course with a giant Veld Roid directly between the warp in and the next room gate.

Dread Pirate Scarlet seems to have lost a few of the spawns, but the agro shift actually works for a pulse tank pair, (lets one ship recharge while the other tanks for awhile).

Assuming the full room agro is a bug, tomorrow when they fix it ??? I will find the missions considerably less interesting but for now, Missions are ‘fun’ again.

For anyone that stopped doing missions due to boredom you should grab a ship and try them out before they ‘fix’ it :) .

I don't think they stopped out of boredom, but rather the new AI.

Missions are going by faster for me in a passive rattler. The drone damage buff makes it enjoyable.
goldiiee
#33 - 2012-12-06 01:10:46 UTC
goldiiee wrote:

There are some fast moving roids floating around in Patient Zero that would give a frigate a run for its money in a race. LOL

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Zornia Estemaire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-12-06 01:41:56 UTC
Did AE last night in my Navy Domi and found the only problem was the constant attack on my light drones. Had to keep pulling them in. They never even attacked my mediums. Had a few small hits on the sentries. I think I'm going to remove all lights and just use mediums and sentries with the occasional use of heavies.
goldiiee
#35 - 2012-12-06 15:32:53 UTC
Serp Assault: just finished this one used an arty fit MWD Mach with dual SeBo to counter the dampening. Land and burn away while locking up frigs and cruisers had to relock pretty much everything in the room at least 4 times. It took the longest of any mission so far 24 minutes.

Annunaki soldier
Perkone
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-12-06 20:20:44 UTC
Sir John Halsey wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:

due to my time living inside a c3 , i have seen a lot of people solo farming with rattlesnakes , o and domis with heavy drones, now that i think i never ever seen people using tengu to outrange sleepers , or legions (harder but doable).

Get real m8. C3 difficulty have nothing to do with level 4 people are talking about. if you want to see what they have done choose a drone boat and check. Is stupid to say drones are ok, i have no problem at all , and be on a machariel that 95% of the time you can pop everything with turrets.
Also there are people living at high sec that dont have good skills and they are entry level on lvl 4 players. Have ccp ruined their gamestyle ? it seems that way. It isnt always that easy to jump from one ship to other .

Ride hard, live with passion 

goldiiee
#37 - 2012-12-06 20:27:44 UTC
I would say that the new AI is not a nerf but an addition to the game think of it as CCP added LVL-4.5 missions to the mix. If you could barely do LVL-4 missions before then you might be better off going back to LVL-3’s till you have properly skilled the ship you need for 4’s.

After all I am pretty sure nobody is doing LVL-4’s in the same ship they were doing LVL-1’s in.

"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" -Gunnery Sgt. Tom Highway

hmskrecik
TransMine Group
#38 - 2012-12-06 20:46:14 UTC
My impression after a couple of days running missions with new AI is that this AI isn't a problem in itself. The problem is that some missions, like Stop the Thief, Intercept the Saboteurs or Buzz Kill, i.e. the ones with lots of frigates, those missions got much harder than they were. Okay, let's say, more challengning. But the pain is that they haven't become more rewarding, neither financially nor emotionally. And they weren't too attractive even before.
goldiiee
#39 - 2012-12-06 20:51:59 UTC
hmskrecik wrote:
My impression after a couple of days running missions with new AI is that this AI isn't a problem in itself. The problem is that some missions, like Stop the Thief, Intercept the Saboteurs or Buzz Kill, i.e. the ones with lots of frigates, those missions got much harder than they were. Okay, let's say, more challengning. But the pain is that they haven't become more rewarding, neither financially nor emotionally. And they weren't too attractive even before.

Well can't argue there, it would seem that if they got harder then they would pay more.(all we ever hear is risk vs reward) would be nice if they left the new AI as is and returned the 10% rewards they nerfed out of them for the last patch.

As far as emotionally.... well....guess beating the AI is never really goingot be as rewarding as winning against a player. But I guess thats what PVP and Nul alts are for.

Annunaki soldier
Perkone
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-12-06 21:04:32 UTC
goldiiee wrote:
I would say that the new AI is not a nerf but an addition to the game think of it as CCP added LVL-4.5 missions to the mix. If you could barely do LVL-4 missions before then you might be better off going back to LVL-3’s till you have properly skilled the ship you need for 4’s.

After all I am pretty sure nobody is doing LVL-4’s in the same ship they were doing LVL-1’s in.

"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" -Gunnery Sgt. Tom Highway

not really but i dont like the get doing level 3 until you skill up to be able to rock. A t1 battleship with t2 resist and t1 drones should be able to slowly but able to do level 4. Not all have the time nor the millions of skill points . And to be honest a person forced to do level 3 might quit faster the game than a person that the game grant the feeling of success of doing high level stuff (whatever even incursions are much easier now)

Drone ai is a nice change when it comes making the drone user actually paing attenion but its not working as intended.

Ride hard, live with passion 

Previous page123Next page