These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones are wet paper bags now

First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#81 - 2012-12-05 14:06:41 UTC
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
Everyone needs to stop whining. "Boo hoo you nerfed my virtual internet videogame spaceship." Oh well, poor you, actually having to work for virtual spaceship game money now.

That's the thing, they didn't nerf mine. Zero change to my Mach/Fof Tengu dual box set up.

Just because a change doesn't negatively affect me , that doesn't mean i can't see it's a bad change. not game endingly bad, but misguided from ccp. At this point i don't even see a good way forward for them (roll backs are never good things)
Valion Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#82 - 2012-12-05 14:14:31 UTC
So far only the PvP'ers welcome this because it HELPS them in some way by forcing mission runners to get involved on other more risky stuff.

My point is this, I'm a new player, my mission running alt has ALL his skills dumped into drones. I'm not running L4's yet, BUT this means I will have to cross train into something else now. He will be useless for the next month or so. So in that month that I can't play I need to train skills, but I can't unsub because I need to train skills to be able to play the game. Notice my dilemma?

It's already kind of boring as a new player while I wait for skills to complete to get some basic funcionality now I have my last 2 months of training on that guy wasted, so thanks.

I dont really care for PvP, i like the game idea of internet space ships but not that much to invest my entire free time into grinding isk for ships.
Some of us like to play casuals, if the only type of player accepted by the game community is a pvp addicted basement dweller then I do not wish to be a part of that community.

Good day.
Cambion Andedare
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2012-12-05 14:16:47 UTC
Funky Lazers wrote:

The main problem for the ecenomy are Bots and "those who buy cheap and sell high".
80% of missions runners are solo/casual players who enjoy shooting things.

Yes, but apparently we are not welcome in Eve by a lot of players...
Agent Akari
Dragonfire Industries
#84 - 2012-12-05 14:17:44 UTC
Let the npc bash your ship first, then use armor repping or shield boosting, it will make enmity on your ship. Then use your drones.

I thought this is rule 101 in mmo games. Just like Tank and Healers, where healers get aggro when they heal the tank on npc.
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#85 - 2012-12-05 14:18:11 UTC
I have cleaned this thread of some inappropriate language and posts.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2012-12-05 14:28:16 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:
Quote:

Additionally, if you think CCP is going to have any financial problems from the teeny few people unsubbing who probably use plex on their accounts anyway due to far-too-much isk generation from level 4 missions... well, let's just say there's a reason the tantrum posts like yours have not been addressed by the devs.
Uh someone had to pay real money for that plex at some point. The rest of your post was about as coherent...

Are you sure about that? People don't pay $20 for a plex (which is $5 more than a one month sub and does the same thing) to fund their account. If people are using plex to extend their count, they are buying it in game with isk, not real money, hence how some people actually play the game for free. The only people who buy isk with real money are those that are selling it in game for isk to people that want to use it to extend their sub for free, paying isk instead of real money.

Do you understand how it works now, or shall I teach you how to use a calculator? If people are buying isk off the eve store for $5 more than a one month sub to extend their sub, then they have already failed at eve.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Cambion Andedare
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2012-12-05 14:33:13 UTC
Agent Akari wrote:
Let the npc bash your ship first, then use armor repping or shield boosting, it will make enmity on your ship. Then use your drones.

I thought this is rule 101 in mmo games. Just like Tank and Healers, where healers get aggro when they heal the tank on npc.

Except it doesn't seem to work that way.
Frigatesized npcs switch to small drones because their sig sizes are closer together.
So if you have some frigates flying around you at short range, they change targets as soon as you release your drones and they alphastrike them out of space.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#88 - 2012-12-05 14:33:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Are you sure about that?
Yes.
PLEX don't come into being without the expenditure of cash.

No-one plays the game for free -- at best, they play on someone else's dollar, but it is never free. All non-trial accounts are paid for. Period. Oh, and you can't buy ISK from the EVE store either. Before you ask people if they understand how things work or not, maybe you should check if how you understand it is correct...
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2012-12-05 14:34:30 UTC
Valion Audeles wrote:
So far only the PvP'ers welcome this because it HELPS them in some way by forcing mission runners to get involved on other more risky stuff.

Wrong. As a PvE mission runner myself, I fully welcome the changes.

Quote:
I'm not running L4's yet, BUT this means I will have to cross train into something else now. He will be useless for the next month or so.

You should have been training for various combat strategies and tactics already, and there is no such thing as a useless character. I've watched two-day-old characters in thrashers absolutely pwn both pvp and pve.

Quote:
So in that month that I can't play I need to train skills, but I can't unsub because I need to train skills to be able to play the game. Notice my dilemma?

I only see a self-imposed dilemma created by the misconception of a problem - you seem to think that there is nothing to do in EVE. That's quite amusing.

Quote:
I dont really care for PvP, i like the game idea of internet space ships but not that much to invest my entire free time into grinding isk for ships.

so.... what is your isk for, then, exactly? If you don't like PvP, then why are you playing a PvP game?

Quote:
Some of us like to play casuals, if the only type of player accepted by the game community is a pvp addicted basement dweller then I do not wish to be a part of that community.

if you're the type of person that insists that people who like to engage in combat with real intelligence (ie other players) as opposed to grinding away on the AI must be "addicted basement dwellers", then you're probably not all that welcome here anyway.

When you leave... can I have your stuff?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2012-12-05 14:35:16 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Are you sure about that?
Yes.
PLEX don't come into being without the expenditure of cash.

No-one plays the game for free -- at best, they play on someone else's dollar, but it is never free. All non-trial accounts are paid for. Period.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Cambion Andedare
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2012-12-05 14:40:18 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Valion Audeles wrote:

if you're the type of person that insists that people who like to engage in combat with real intelligence (ie other players) as opposed to grinding away on the AI must be "addicted basement dwellers", then you're probably not all that welcome here anyway.

Yet you were the one posting earlier in the thread (page 3) that said the game would be better without casuals and good riddance to them...
Sorry to pop your soapbubble, but without us casuals the game would very likely be dead. So stop acting so elitist.
Pantson Head
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#92 - 2012-12-05 14:42:02 UTC
Instead of all the rats target switching in unison, make them act like most player fleets. Have a couple of them chasing after a random slicer 50km from the main fight, have a few firing at primary, secondary and tertiary, one guy firing on his own fc and 6 of them 3 systems behind, asking where the fleet is.
Valion Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2012-12-05 14:42:52 UTC

Ok, name an activity, apart from PVP, that i can do without a few skills beforehand. Why am i here? I liked the idea and i decided to try it out. My biggest issue is that i picked just the right race for my first train skills and now I'm stuck with them until i can train into something else. Also I dont really like guns, i like missiles somewhat but i hear that got nerfed as well.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world without my 3 subs. No, you cant have my stuff, i'll just let it rot there like a testament of my past mistakes and wrong choices.
Gillia Winddancer
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2012-12-05 14:46:20 UTC
Cambion Andedare wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Valion Audeles wrote:

Yet you were the one posting earlier in the thread (page 3) that said the game would be better without casuals and good riddance to them...
Sorry to pop your soapbubble, but without us casuals the game would very likely be dead. So stop acting so elitist.

Sort of goes the other way around as well but for some funny reason that is always neglected. EVE is still first and foremost a MMO and a sandbox such, so just as much as you want those "elitist" players to accept your "casual" style of playing, you must also accept their style of gameplay which involves you possibly getting ganked, forced into PvP etc etc.

All sides kinda needs to learn to accept this or alternatively head to whichever direction Hello Kitty Online is at.
Cambion Andedare
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2012-12-05 14:51:43 UTC
Gillia Winddancer wrote:
Cambion Andedare wrote:

Sort of goes the other way around as well but for some funny reason that is always neglected. EVE is still first and foremost a MMO and a sandbox such, so just as much as you want those "elitist" players to accept your "casual" style of playing, you must also accept their style of gameplay which involves you possibly getting ganked, forced into PvP etc etc.

All sides kinda needs to learn to accept this or alternatively head to whichever direction Hello Kitty Online is at.

Oh i totally agree with that. Live and let (and make) die and all that stuff Smile
Harland White
Adventurer's Guild
#96 - 2012-12-05 14:53:47 UTC
non judgement wrote:
you might be doing it wrong. Adapt?
Don't use ogre 2s at the start?

Flame.

By their fruit you will recognize them.

Konrad Kane
#97 - 2012-12-05 15:03:52 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

FYI, the mission runners soloing level 4 and generating immense amounts of isk are a PROBLEM for the economy,[..]

Can you show me where CCP say this?
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#98 - 2012-12-05 15:14:13 UTC
Troll to Reality Translator:

"Adapt" = "Conform. Become a cookie-cutter Drake/Tengu pilot like everyone else."

"switch your ship setup to buff drone hp" = "I've never actually used drones and don't realize how absurd this statement is. But I never having no idea what I'm talking about stop me from talking anyway. Just fit drone durability rigs and... umm, y'know, that other module. There is another module, right? Whatever, go buy a Drake/Tengu you pleb."

"No more AFK boat!!!" = "Although I've never actually been a drone captain, I still chose believe all of the ridiculous myths that my friends told me about them. Can we go back to whining about the HAM nerf now?"

"Now you can't solo anymore! This is intended by CCP!" = "Now you have to solo in a Drake/Tengu. This is intended by CCP!"

"switch to guns / missiles" = "Seriously, why is anyone not soloing L4s in a Drakes/Tengus?"

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Funky Lazers
Funk Freakers
#99 - 2012-12-05 15:29:55 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Troll to Reality Translator:

"Adapt" = "Conform. Become a cookie-cutter Drake/Tengu pilot like everyone else."

"switch your ship setup to buff drone hp" = "I've never actually used drones and don't realize how absurd this statement is. But I never having no idea what I'm talking about stop me from talking anyway. Just fit drone durability rigs and... umm, y'know, that other module. There is another module, right? Whatever, go buy a Drake/Tengu you pleb."

"No more AFK boat!!!" = "Although I've never actually been a drone captain, I still chose believe all of the ridiculous myths that my friends told me about them. Can we go back to whining about the HAM nerf now?"

"Now you can't solo anymore! This is intended by CCP!" = "Now you have to solo in a Drake/Tengu. This is intended by CCP!"

"switch to guns / missiles" = "Seriously, why is anyone not soloing L4s in a Drakes/Tengus?"

Lol so true about Adapt and switch to guns / missiles things.

People really have no idea about drones and missions, even when they say they do.
Just like another myth how mission runners ruin ecenomy.

Actually without mission runners prices on Meta4 stuff will be very high, because no one will be supplying markets with them.

Whatever.

Cambion Andedare
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2012-12-05 15:34:07 UTC
Funky Lazers wrote:

Actually without mission runners prices on Meta4 stuff will be very high, because no one will be supplying markets with them.

Yeah, i hear many whine about miners and mission carebears, but i wonder how they would like their pvp if their ships and modules tripled in price Question