These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

We have had Nurf local, Nurf titan bridges, and cloaking is broken. All kinds of theads.

Author
Mirima Thurander
#1 - 2012-12-05 04:25:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Mirima Thurander
A small point this is GD a sub forum for talking about EvE Online and all things related to EvE Online. So long as the post contains material about EvE Online it has every right to be in this section. If i cant talk about EVERTHING EvE Online related in this section its not GD.

With out further delay i bring you my most newest attack on the English language, typed on my smart phone.

We have had Nurf local, Nurf titan bridges, and cloaking is broken. All kinds of theads along thos lines, its not about nurfing ( or should i say changing) something for MY gain or someone else's Gain. But changing it for a better EvE.

Engaging game play = more rewarding game play and more fun.

I like deep game play that's why I play eve its not easy, but its just not as interesting and complex game play as it used to be.

I have LIVED eve, I have ether done it or been involved with people who have.

These are my views and if you did not complain about me trying to Nurf YOUR EvE i would think something was wrong.

I going to start this off by jumping right in to a problem thats been bothering me sence it was added to the game the titans role in eve, and that role is? Yep thats the problem it has no role, besides being epic, is epic a role?

Lets give it a role, lets make it a true fleet backbone allow it to carry a large number of fitted ships AND fix its clone bay to allow reshiping BEFOR you appear inspace (i have an idea on how this could be done).
Lets fix the problem of fast travel in eve at the same time, lets remove the ablity to play the role of a 1 way gate, lets make the titan HAVE to bridge along side the fleet its jumping as it IS a fleet support ship now with your replacement ships, and make it semi vunrable after a bridge so that its best to have a fleet allready on grid becouse you cant bridge enought ships along side you to keep it safe instantly.

Now that fast travels gone haff the battle is getting to your objective now you have a titan to make it less of a pain to reship and fly back to the fight but only till it runs out of replacement ships.
Titans now have a role and theres new depth to fights.

Now on to by next item, Local, it needs changed.

I would suggest making local an isk sink AND a target for small gangs, let local be an sov upgrade that small gangs can destory in a short amount of time if none show up to defend it ( having to hack it and disable it for a time is an option) small gang targets is something null is realy lacking, and eve needs more isk sinks. all i can say so long as it stays about as common or less common than JBs its fine.
Now you can still have your local and if you let it get disabled or cant afford it thats your problem.

On we march to a grander eve.

Cloaking its just broken, showing up in local is broken along side beig updetectable even when they know your there. I would suggest a item that gimps your ships stats that can only be fit on cloak capable ships that makes you immune to local. BUT adding a mechanic to cloaking if you are sitting around afk/not moving about the system your (insert fancy siencey word here) builds up to a detectable level and you can be scaned down.

Now thats he best of both worlds, you can hide in 100% but only if your willing to gimp your ship stats and you can now find thos afk cloaked people if they dont keep moving.

Man this is starting to realy feel like a better eve, not as easy as we have it now but WAY more rewarding.

Speaking of rewards whats the deal with highsec making just about much isk as null? looks like thats broken as well. Lets go ahread and say it buff nullsec players, nurf alliance level income.
Lets buff nulls income with valuable items, not raw isk, i mean how hard can it be.

I would rather see alliances have to relie on the members to stay afloat than the members relie on the alliance for stuff, lets make more items and fuel ONLY foundin null.
Who would control these items? NULLSEC PEOPLE who would need these items the most? HIGHSEC players, BAM high sec people grind isk and need the items null sec players and nullsec allainces need isks for things, i will let ccp flesh this one out its above me.

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Mirima Thurander
#2 - 2012-12-05 04:25:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Mirima Thurander
Continued.

Talking about trade, lets spice it up, the empiers hate each other now thats a know fact.

Well lets get us some some space that changes scurity status, say faction A is in control of lowsec system ACB it becomes a highsec system for everyone BUT the mitlants, faction b wants this system so they roll up start gunning FW targets in system and it becomes contested after a bit of fighting, now it drops to lowsec status till 1 faction take control. and it moves on back to highsec for everyone.

why have it like this? these systems can be gate way systems conecting the empiers, at times when the faction controls enough and there high sec(with concord safety) traders will use the route to trade between the empiers and the controlling faction mitlita gets payed partof the gate travel taxs and staton taxes reprocessing taxes and such.
What if you dont want to pay these taxes for your safe movment? well you can take the long lowsec routes.

could be more to come.

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

AFK Cloaker
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-12-05 04:32:50 UTC
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#4 - 2012-12-05 04:52:59 UTC
Hey look, it's several bad ideas and repeatedly nuked threads rolled into one. At least you're making ISD's life easy this time. IBTL
CausticS0da
Shrubbery Acquisitions
Blohm and Voss Shipyards Alliance
#5 - 2012-12-05 06:00:32 UTC
KrakizBad wrote:
Hey look, it's several bad ideas and repeatedly nuked threads rolled into one. At least you're making ISD's life easy this time. IBTL

This will get moved, not locked.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2012-12-05 06:03:00 UTC
CausticS0da wrote:
KrakizBad wrote:

This will get moved, not locked.

50/50
Mirima Thurander
#7 - 2012-12-05 13:47:31 UTC
Free bumps are nice.

Rordan D'Kherr
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-12-05 13:56:51 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Free bumps are nice.

and against the forum rules

Don't be scared, because being afk is not a crime.

Mirima Thurander
#9 - 2012-12-05 13:59:41 UTC
Rordan D'Kherr wrote:
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Free bumps are nice.

and against the forum rules

Let me point out I'm commenting on there posts as useless free bumps much like yours.