These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

What Do You Really Know About Science?

Author
Eternum Praetorian
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2011-10-20 19:31:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternum Praetorian
If you think that asking for an explanation regarding the most basic and fundamental building blocks of physics is trolling... you are very closed minded.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2011-10-20 20:00:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Karl Planck
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
If you think that asking for an explanation regarding the most basic and fundamental building blocks of physics is trolling... you are very closed minded.

Sigh. Listen man, although your inherent question may be "basic" but the way that you are forming your question is not SPECIFIC enough for you to get an answer that your looking for.

We don't really have a clue what mechanisms create the force that we call Inertia do we? No one can tell me, or you, what EXACTLY is happening that causes this to be so.

Really man, read that carefully. What ARE you asking? Specifically? You said I am just correcting your grammar. No, to attempt to answer, whatever your question is, I literally need to understand what you are asking.

If you don't understand what I mean:

We don't really have a clue what mechanisms create the force that we call Inertia do we?

Inertia isn't a force. Check. What mechanisms create inertia...what do you mean by mechanisms? That is not a word that makes much sense with a property of an object.

I has all the eve inactivity

Eternum Praetorian
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2011-10-21 01:08:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternum Praetorian
Classic word games Karl LOL.

"How does this work" is not a trapping or loaded question. Roll
If I asked a mechanic "how does this engine work?" he could tell me. In fact, he could draw a diagram or point to a book with diagrams in it where every nut and bolt was accounted for.

Geeze some of you people and your "science" religion. Shocked
You just don't handle stuff like this very well...

Allow Me To Reiterate In Simpler English To Prevent Word Games

Q. How does electron tunneling occur?
A. No one knows, it just does...

Q. What makes matter have inertia?
A. Hell if anyone knows, it just has it... whatever it is.

Q. What allows a charge to enact a force on a charged particle through the nothingness that is the vacuum?
A. Smaller particles evidently...
Counter Question: Well... what allows those smaller particles to enact force on others through the nothingness that is the vacuum?
Actual answer: Fook if I know... it just does mkay? So shut up about it, you're asking loaded questions if you ask how...

So... you don't really know much do you?

All you can see are the after effects, the how alludes you completely. Every aspect of science's most basic governing forces are completely and utterly unknown to our science at this very moment in time. We are very good at seeing what is happening, but not very good at figuring out how it is happening.

Some people don't like to recognize that Blink

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Mercurye
Siesta Inc.
#24 - 2011-10-21 11:34:22 UTC

I don't even understand E=MC or anything 'simple', it simply doesnt interest me and I am more of a visual, colour orientated person who always struggled with maths and physics.

Then again, I probably have a better memory when it comes to star-, planet- and other celestial object's names and looks than most people here . Not like it matters ^^
Froz3nEcho Sarain
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2011-10-21 11:40:28 UTC
Mercurye wrote:

I don't even understand E=MC or anything 'simple', it simply doesnt interest me and I am more of a visual, colour orientated person who always struggled with maths and physics.

Then again, I probably have a better memory when it comes to star-, planet- and other celestial object's names and looks than most people here . Not like it matters ^^

Stars in EvE doesn't count.

Anyways there is a reason why most of these things are belonging to the 'theoretical' part of science.

[i]~ When everything fades away, an echo is the only sound that will remain ~   ~ Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds ~[/i]

Caldari Citizen20090217
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#26 - 2011-10-21 23:38:06 UTC
I believe the answer to your question OP is that it is turtles all the way down.
Previous page12