These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dec Shield - End of the Second Era

First post First post
Author
Silence iKillYouu
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#441 - 2012-12-04 02:39:01 UTC
We are loving this free war thing

EVE Mail me i dont check forums often.

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#442 - 2012-12-04 08:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: The Zerg Overmind
10 minutes before Retribution I wanted to post the current glory of our war efforts

Current permanent wardecs: 282
Current players trapped: 16459
Current corporations trapped: 582
Current alliances trapped: 50

Oh yeah, bonus points to whoever can explain to me why the wars are ordered the way they are
Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#443 - 2012-12-04 10:36:35 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
10 minutes before Retribution I wanted to post the current glory of our war efforts

Current permanent wardecs: 282
Current players trapped: 16459
Current corporations trapped: 582
Current alliances trapped: 50

Oh yeah, bonus points to whoever can explain to me why the wars are ordered the way they are

And after retribution goes live it is all over.

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#444 - 2012-12-04 10:39:21 UTC
I have two different devs telling me they've closed the new loophole method I explained. Not sure what method they're going to use though, but we can live in hope. We'll know soon enough
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#445 - 2012-12-04 10:51:25 UTC
*Added Retract War option for aggressor if defender has set war to mutual.

From the patch notes....expecting whining threads soon...

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#446 - 2012-12-04 13:26:13 UTC
Shylari Avada wrote:

It's not about how 'things ought to be done' and more about risk averse pubbies pretending to have something worth chest beating on forums. Killing anything in Jita- with the exception of frigates with stupid numbers of PLEX, JF's packed full of moongoo, or a capital ship that was reimbursed and claimed in Jita is pointless, irrelevant and gives no claims to skill, power or prowess.

Funny. If you replace Jita with Uedama pretty much the same points can be adressed to Goons Big smile
Isana Tori
Doomheim
#447 - 2012-12-04 16:26:46 UTC
Who is going to be whining in this thread after it works?
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#448 - 2012-12-04 23:50:23 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
I have two different devs telling me they've closed the new loophole method I explained. Not sure what method they're going to use though, but we can live in hope. We'll know soon enough

Is it the retract war thingy mentioned in the patch notes?

I didn't even know they were planning on fixing this in Retribution in all honesty.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#449 - 2012-12-04 23:58:33 UTC
VegasMirage wrote:
Mizhir wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
So RvB - RED Federation has just disbanded (3000 players), and we just stole their alliance name so they can't reform. If only there were some mechanic in place to prevent these alliances from being permanently trapped in wars. I'm not even sure they can reform into a new alliance because they're still stuck in outgoing wars.

Sorry. I cant hear you for all the frigs popping in poinen. Did you say anything important?

b/c you're a 3 system hopping gate hugging solo pvp artist?

And your point is?

❤️️💛💚💙💜

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#450 - 2012-12-05 00:09:56 UTC  |  Edited by: The Zerg Overmind
The retract war option is NOT ENOUGH as I've so eloquently explained so many times over the past few weeks:

Novermber 11th posted initial exploit theory
November 22nd seeking clarification for the new exploit
November 30th official announcement of new exploit
November 30th feedback to devs officially announcing new exploit
November 30th directly emailed devs explicitly outlining the exploit and stating that the changes weren't enough
December 3rd Dev posts claiming wardec trapping no longer possible. Unclear if he's aware of new exploit
December 4th experimental evidence documenting viability of exploit
December 4th raising public awareness
December 4th email response from dev claiming things should be fixed. This is direct response to email about new exploit
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#451 - 2012-12-05 00:59:11 UTC  |  Edited by: JC Anderson
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
The retract war option is NOT ENOUGH as I've so eloquently explained so many times over the past few weeks:

Novermber 11th posted initial exploit theory
November 22nd seeking clarification for the new exploit
November 30th official announcement of new exploit
November 30th feedback to devs officially announcing new exploit
November 30th directly emailed devs explicitly outlining the exploit and stating that the changes weren't enough
December 3rd Dev posts claiming wardec trapping no longer possible. Unclear if he's aware of new exploit
December 4th experimental evidence documenting viability of exploit
December 4th raising public awareness
December 4th email response from dev claiming things should be fixed. This is direct response to email about new exploit

Hrm so I wonder what they did in relation to the claim that they fixed it.
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#452 - 2012-12-05 01:04:25 UTC
Shylari Avada wrote:
Today (or sometime soon) marks the birth of RvB - Red Federationdot

Red Swarm Federation
Shylari Avada
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#453 - 2012-12-05 12:38:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Shylari Avada
JC Anderson wrote:
Shylari Avada wrote:
Today (or sometime soon) marks the birth of RvB - Red Federationdot

Red Swarm Federation

Needs more dots and zeros.

Ra Jackson wrote:
Shylari Avada wrote:

It's not about how 'things ought to be done' and more about risk averse pubbies pretending to have something worth chest beating on forums. Killing anything in Jita- with the exception of frigates with stupid numbers of PLEX, JF's packed full of moongoo, or a capital ship that was reimbursed and claimed in Jita is pointless, irrelevant and gives no claims to skill, power or prowess.

Funny. If you replace Jita with Uedama pretty much the same points can be adressed to Goons Big smile

Not 'Goons', Just 'MiniLuv'.

I don't expect someone like you to understand intra-alliance organization, or the SIGs and Squads structure of our Alliance, but I assure you Goons kill (and die) everywhere.
Bethesda
The Wooden Nest
#454 - 2012-12-05 18:18:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Bethesda
bah
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#455 - 2012-12-05 23:33:04 UTC
So an update on what we're seeing so far:

1.) We're not sure if the situation has been fixed.

2.) Wars that are set mutual by the defender can start a 24hr retraction by the aggressor. We set all our wars unmutual right before the expansion to avoid this (and rightfully so, a dropped corp experienced 74 retractions in under 8hrs by staying mutual)

3.) No wars against Dec Shield have ended in the past 48hrs (by random distribution of our 286 wars around 81 should have naturally ended by now), so something is going on

4.) We proposed a new method of maintaining infinite war by a repeating multi-day staggered sequence of dropping corps out of alliance and rejoining a few days later to restore any dropped wars. Under the old rules this would have been effective because the start date of wars were set fresh when a corp joined/left an alliance. Two devs have sworn this is fixed, but not how they fixed it. Our proposed fix was to inherit the start date from the parent war when making a copy to prevent the 7 day extensions.

5.) Corps dropping out of an alliance still do not inherit the start dates of their parent wars. Because of the dev insistence that this loophole won't work we've concluded that all wars have a hidden end-date that isn't visible to the players. It is possible that copied wars now inherit this hidden end-date timer from the parent wars. Thus it's very possible the loophole is closed and we won't know until it's too late.

6.) But using evidence from point 3 above, something has changed with wardec mechanics. Or it's a "feature" we never knew about before because we had never unmutualed wars. As I said, we should of had 81 retractions by now and we've had none. Therefore we've come to believe that the act of unmutualing a war sets the hidden end-date timer back by at least 48hrs (probably 7 days). Therefore, since it's possible to instantly mutual/unmutual a war we've begun tests along these lines to see if unmutualing extends the end-date. We will know for sure in 5 days the results of these tests.
Bethesda
The Wooden Nest
#456 - 2012-12-06 22:08:34 UTC
From what I can see situation is as Follows -

Wars run on a weekly timer of billing cycle dates - perhaps the non-mutual wars will expire 24hrs after the next bill.....

Any new wars from corps out of a war decced alliance do get a new timer and also their own bill (hence 7 day timer)

Mutual wars are retractable.

What are the rules on a war decced corp joining an alliance? does it create a new timer if they do? etc
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#457 - 2012-12-07 00:35:18 UTC
I think were going to end up needing to wait for a week before we know exactly what has changed and what hasn't.
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#458 - 2012-12-07 00:35:36 UTC  |  Edited by: The Zerg Overmind
Bethesda wrote:
From what I can see situation is as Follows -

Wars run on a weekly timer of billing cycle dates - perhaps the non-mutual wars will expire 24hrs after the next bill.....

Any new wars from corps out of a war decced alliance do get a new timer and also their own bill (hence 7 day timer)

Mutual wars are retractable.

What are the rules on a war decced corp joining an alliance? does it create a new timer if they do? etc

Wardecced corps are allowed to join alliance. It ends their current war and starts a fresh 7 day timer war with the alliance. If the alliance already had that war I think it just merges with that war and doesn't change any timers.

Out of curiosity, when is your bill set for? For these entities:

Dec Shield
Wardec Flopper
Wardec Flipper
Wardec Flapper
Zerg Hatchery
RvB - Red Federation

It will help us to know if the exploit has been fixed
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#459 - 2012-12-07 02:28:32 UTC
Using information we've gathered from aggressors, and from tests we're running on the test server. We can conclude that the proposed exploit we've been warning CCP about for weeks, is indeed closed.

However, we have discovered a new exploit that will allow us to keep you trapped indefinitely. We will now resume activities and recruitment immediately
Nylith Empyreal
Sutar Rein
#460 - 2012-12-07 07:45:02 UTC
Glorious fun as always.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?