These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Honor in an agreed 1v1

First post
Author
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#41 - 2012-12-02 21:35:54 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Please don't change the subject of this thread in to a language discussion.
Otherwise I would have the sad 'honneur' to lock it....Blink

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

TriadSte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2012-12-03 12:33:16 UTC
There is no such things as a 1 on 1 because one of them is gonna have a booster in system.

Booster

+

implants such as slaves/crystals

+

combat boosters

=

win
Skelee VI
C5 Flight
Fraternity.
#43 - 2012-12-04 17:16:59 UTC
What's a 1 vs 1? Been so long! but they should be honoured.
Juliade
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-12-05 08:31:29 UTC
I've had a few 1v1 on occasions, some with pirates and some with squids. Never had one that was dishonoured. For what it's worth, I personally do honour them and we as a corp encourage people to honour them. I even enforce it whenever I am in the same system, though I keep people on standby for obvious reasons (e.g. cheaters, liars, and the like).

The key element here though is that it has to be set up. If I encounter a lone ship and a 1v1 was never agreed to, I will call for help if the fight starts going sideways, though I still enjoy trying to take him solo.
Mich Farmer
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2012-12-05 08:35:16 UTC
Juliade wrote:
we as a corp encourage people to honour them. I even enforce it whenever I am in the same system, though I keep people on standby for obvious reasons (e.g. cheaters, liars, and the like).

I remember back in the time of Draketrain when there was agreed cruiser duel and you still felt the need to send extra person to field despite agreement. Spectator, yeah right. Goes to show how far your word goes.
Juliade
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-12-05 09:10:23 UTC
Mich Farmer wrote:
Juliade wrote:
we as a corp encourage people to honour them. I even enforce it whenever I am in the same system, though I keep people on standby for obvious reasons (e.g. cheaters, liars, and the like).

I remember back in the time of Draketrain when there was agreed cruiser duel and you still felt the need to send extra person to field despite agreement. Spectator, yeah right. Goes to show how far your word goes.

I don't remember any arranged cruiser fights since I don't field them on a regular basis. But I do remember a fight where a corp mate wanted to stay and spectate.

That fight was actually a frigate fight, which didn't start out as an arranged fight. We got away from him (100km+ in plex) and he still warped off as per opponent's request. That fight was honoured, your accusation rings hollow.
http://synenose.com/gmvakb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=25525

In case it wasn't that particular fight: I chose my wording carefully. We encourage honouring them, we don't guarantee it. I personally honour them. Hence, "for what it's worth".
Piugattuk
Litla Sundlaugin
#47 - 2012-12-06 06:48:18 UTC
I've 1 vs 1...lost every stinking one Big smile but I had fun, that was the point no?
Lockheed19
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2012-12-06 12:59:10 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Please don't change the subject of this thread in to a language discussion.
Otherwise I would have the sad 'honneur' to lock it....Blink

Awww..........ah well. At least no-one mentioned 'a_l_u_m_i_n_i_u_m', eh?

Blink
Lockheed19
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-12-06 13:10:10 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
I like when the asshats post "It's Eve, You don't need Honour." And they act like that makes them credible or something.

Since the beginning of time, games are exactly where you are supposed to have honour.

Agreed. But let's remember, online anonymity guarantees no direct fall-out to these people. I wonder if they are like this in RL?

For example, the Americans are rightly proud of their military and the Marines quite rightfully hold battlefield honour in the highest regard. Even if remaining honourable meant they lose a battle or skirmish. Would the same self-serving dishonourable players whine if they got into a fight outside a bar with someone and all of a sudden got ganked by two or three of their opponents mates who jumped in? Umm, hell yes. Yet, in a game of pixels these people seem to alter their viewpoint accordingly. Bizarre. It's that weird thing I never quite understand about the internet. The abject fascination and desire to wind people up to the point where they get angry which in turn makes their protagonist extremely happy. I just don't geddit. Truly, I would love to see these people acting this way in RL situations. There would be a lot of unconscious geeks littering the streets.
Skelee VI
C5 Flight
Fraternity.
#50 - 2012-12-06 19:03:14 UTC
Had a 1 vs 1 in empty system, honorable. nice for a change. I lost but still fun.
Previous page123