These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Bounty in High Sec Does NOT Mean Kill Rights

Author
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#41 - 2012-12-04 15:44:38 UTC
If you disable your safety and accidentally fire on someone, you face the consequences.
If you attack someone in high-sec, regardless of kill rights, you face the consequences.
If you don't read into a new bounty system and just assume it means you can shoot at anyone, you face the consequences.

That's the point of this expansion. Consequences.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Abu Tarynnia
Kings-Guard
Sigma Grindset
#42 - 2012-12-04 15:48:55 UTC
Darenthul wrote:

If you weren't a damn Amarrian I'd give you one as a thanks, but something about your people enslaving my people, and yada-yada-yada.

<3

He he .. I am Amar by birth .. but fly anything so basically I am a Multi ;)

YOU CANNOT HAVE MY STUFF!!!!

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#43 - 2012-12-04 15:57:45 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
If you disable your safety and accidentally fire on someone, you face the consequences.
If you attack someone in high-sec, regardless of kill rights, you face the consequences.
If you don't read into a new bounty system and just assume it means you can shoot at anyone, you face the consequences.

Your second point is a bit off.
If you activate kill rights on someone in high sec, there are no consequences (other than what the person you are shooting can bring to bear).

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#44 - 2012-12-04 16:01:07 UTC
Abu Tarynnia wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
You guys are looking at this all wrong. Focus on the kill rights, not the bounty.

1. Fly back and forth through Rancer in a noob ship
2. Just die like crazy, collecting kill rights all the while
3. Sell said kill rights
4.?... I already did the profit part...this one just seems obvious

As a side note...you are much less likely to be podded now, as blowing up ships in low sec won't get you gate guns anymore, just pods. Another bonus, without fear of taking aggro from gates pirates might start using smaller ships which will make breaking camps in low a bit more attainable for noob frig fleets (a very little bit)

So .. there is no problem when a pirate goes to station, places a bounty on your head, then shoots you, salvage your corpse and is NOT attacked by CONCORD because he placed some 100K ISK on your head for the bounty of lets say 30Mio (to put it low) ?! And then you want to sell your kill right for what ? 10 Mio ? *laugh* get serious .... if it smells, tastes and feels like ... a bug .. it is a bug.

Stop being so gullible. A bounty does NOT allow you to be shot in high sec without Concord intervention.

As far as selling kill rights go, keep in mind it could very possibly be activated/sold many times in the 30 days it is available. It is only used up when it results in a successful kill.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#45 - 2012-12-04 16:06:22 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Darenthul wrote:

Your second point is a bit off.
If you activate kill rights on someone in high sec, there are no consequences (other than what the person you are shooting can bring to bear).

Consequences happen period, if you ignore kill rights (hence what I meant by regardless) and get Concordokken'd, its your fault.

Poor wording on my part.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Doddy
Excidium.
#46 - 2012-12-04 16:07:47 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Abu Tarynnia wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
You guys are looking at this all wrong. Focus on the kill rights, not the bounty.

3. Sell said kill rights

As a side note...you are much less likely to be podded now, as blowing up ships in low sec won't get you gate guns anymore, just pods. Another bonus, without fear of taking aggro from gates pirates might start using smaller ships which will make breaking camps in low a bit more attainable for noob frig fleets (a very little bit)

So .. there is no problem when a pirate goes to station, places a bounty on your head, then shoots you, salvage your corpse and is NOT attacked by CONCORD because he placed some 100K ISK on your head for the bounty of lets say 30Mio (to put it low) ?! And then you want to sell your kill right for what ? 10 Mio ? *laugh* get serious .... if it smells, tastes and feels like ... a bug .. it is a bug.

Stop being so gullible. A bounty does NOT allow you to be shot in high sec without Concord intervention.

As far as selling kill rights go, keep in mind it could very possibly be activated/sold many times in the 30 days it is available. It is only used up when it results in a successful kill.

Dude, its a troll, seriously.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2012-12-04 16:22:46 UTC
Abu Tarynnia wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:

3. Sell said kill rights

Have you been reading this thread? The Dec blogs? Patch notes?
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#48 - 2012-12-04 16:24:40 UTC
Doddy wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Abu Tarynnia wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:

3. Sell said kill rights

Dude, its a troll, seriously.

That was my first thought, however I forced myself to realize that some people really are a bit slow on the uptake.

Abu Tarynnia
Kings-Guard
Sigma Grindset
#49 - 2012-12-04 16:29:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Abu Tarynnia
Darenthul wrote:
dexington wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
CONCORD will still intervene in high sec with a bounty on a head.

No they will not you can put the 100K bounty and anyone in hi-sec and killing them, will only suspect flag you, concord will not attack you.

Confirmed.

Go put bounties and attack your hearts out boys.

I was refering to this .. if this is wrong .. sry .. else there is a bug in the system :)

YOU CANNOT HAVE MY STUFF!!!!

Previous page123