These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Sell Orders

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

{SERVICE] Anonymous Bounty Placement

Author
Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-12-04 15:52:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Derek Quaid
The latest EVE expansion has completely overhauled the bounty system. Among the many changes is the notification to targets as to which pilots have placed bounties on their heads. I want to keep your name hidden, so you can plot revenge in peace.

Discreet Bounties will place individual bounties on anyone, for anyone--no questions asked. We cater to clients who are serious about seeing their enemies' heads on pikes, so we do require a minimum bounty. We also charge a nominal fee, which is subject to change based on demand.

Our system is simple. Look up our corp description in-game for current minimum bounty and transaction fees. Send your ISK directly to the corporation with the target's name in the reason field. I will process bounties as expeditiously as I am able.

I will never disclose my clients' names. Your anonymity is my top priority. Keep an eye on this thread for updates on future services that may be offered to bounty hunters as well as bounty placers.

Individual bounties only (No bounties on ISD, CCP devs, or characters under 30 days old)
Non-refundable (your bounty will be placed*)

*All transactions that do not meet posted minimum + fee will be graciously accepted as donations. All deposits made to my personal wallet will likewise be counted as tributes for my good looks and winning personality.

Current prices:

Minimum Bounty: 1,000,000 ISK
Transaction Fee: 0 ISK

CEO, Discreet Bounties In-game Channel: Discreet Bounties

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-12-04 21:17:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Derek Quaid
For those of you with questions, here's the FAQ:

Who is your main?
That is no one's business but my own.

Why don't I just make my own anonymous alt and place my bounty?
If you value the creation time and the use of the character slot less than you value our fee, then have at it! I'm not arrogant enough to think I can capture the anonymity market. Some people, however, don't want to tie up a character slot simply to place the occasional bounty. Some don't want the hassle of trying to keep their own identity a secret. As for making an alt to place a single bounty, you've tied up a character slot for at least 10 hours (length of biomass queue). Honestly, I think I'm a lot more convenient than making an alt.

Why do you charge a minimum bounty?
I have a life outside of EVE. I am only interested in serving clients who seriously want a target to be hunted. I do not have time to process mountains of nickel and dime transactions for people who simply want to play with the bounty system.

Why do you charge a flat rate?
I considered a percentage, but for extremely high bounties I felt it was unfair to my clients, and for extremely low bounties I felt it was unfair to me. A flat fee is also much more easily adjusted based on demand. Most importantly, this system encourages higher bounties because the flat fee represents a lower percentage of the total cost for higher bounties. Higher bounties mean your target is more likely to be mercilessly hunted.

Why only individual bounties?
Corporations and alliances can disband, rendering your bounty moot. Individuals cannot flee a price custom-made for their pretty little heads. They can only quit the game to escape, which is a sort of victory in its own right for the person placing the bounty. From a business perspective, this means no one can ever justifiably ask for a refund because their target is no longer legitimate.

Do you offer other services?
We currently have a public channel (Discreet Bounties) and hope that bounty hunters will use it to organize hunting parties against our clients' targets. In the future, I may make arrangements for a common pool of pilots willing to utilize locator agents on bounty hunters' behalf. I am also considering publishing a list of all bounties that I post, so any bounty hunter can easily select targets appropriate for their skills and preferences.

What will you do with the hate mail?
I plan to discard all mail. The only communication I need to have with the world at large is reading entries in the corp wallet journal. If I'm feeling curious, I may read them occasionally and share some of the more amusing ones.

Is there anyone that is off limits?
Aside from CCP's restrictions*, I'll place a bounty on anyone. I'd even place a bounty on myself. I have no friends. I have no favorites. There are only those who pay me for service and those who don't.

*Bounties on ISD or CCP devs are prohibited. Placing bounties on new players may be considered grief play. If you attempt to place a bounty on a character under 30 days old, I will keep your money because you should know better.

Feel free to ask any other questions here, and I will respond to anything pertinent. Do not mail me. I throw mails in the trash can.

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-12-05 09:29:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Derek Quaid
For now, I will keep a short list of targets here for the convenience of bounty hunters that may be reading.

• Ava Starfire (50 mil) [Kills: 7]
  • Caellach Marellus (20 mil)
  • Captain Ryan Taggart (10 mil)
  • Chribba (15 mil)
  • Dave Ascarius (50 mil)
  • Demory (25 mil) [Kills: 1]
  • Destro Skord (50 mil) [Kills: 2]
  • Edmond Dauntes (5 mil) [Kills: 7]
  • Eigill Valley (50 mil) [Kills: 1]
  • Fraxi Nilanth (1 mil)
  • Furucius (10 mil)
  • Inowen (10 mil)
  • Jinari Otsito (10 mil)
  • Kaputi (25 mil) [Kills: 5]
  • Kreozen (10 mil) [Kills: 2]
  • Krig Povelli (50 mil) [Kills: 24]
  • Lasairiona (250 mil)
  • Niccolo Machiavilli (20 mil) [Kills: 7]
  • Nikita Alterana (1 mil)
  • Saede Riordan (10 mil) [Kills: 2]
  • Scherezad (10 mil)
  • Shadowglyph (10 mil) [Kills: 11]
  • Taci Tiaton Nikola (50 mil)
  • Tempo Cat (50 mil)
  • White Dealerr (60 mil)

Targets cleared (entire bounty claimed): 15

Listed bounties are the original amounts posted by Discreet Bounties' clients. Total remaining bounties may be higher or lower. Targets with cleared bounties will be removed from the list.

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-12-05 16:18:48 UTC
Now endorsed by CCP Soundwave!

Logan Brewster
Personal Future Confectioners
#5 - 2012-12-06 05:43:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Logan Brewster
Out of curiosity: What exactly is your business plan here?

If I understand your concept correctly you plan to:
1. Take ISK from customer for bounty (for which they could create Alt without paying you)
2. Hope some bounty hunters coordinate/collaborate with you to make life miserable for target

What I don't get is:
1. How do you make a living for lush sums like 10M with 1M going your way?
2. How do you want to get serious killers/bounty hunters follow up on leads as low as that?

No offense, man... Just curious because we've been doing kind of the same thing for years as a network, with various corps and agents, just juggling merc corps of different quality while living under the shadow of Noir's Merc Contracts. Often employing them in the end.

OK, we offer a variety of services. And I don't expect you to ... pass me your business secret here. Lol

The new Bounty System will certainly be in our repertoire, but it doesn't really change the way it was before... Except for making it easier to target people.

As said, just curious, because we really never were without competition either...
Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-12-06 05:57:55 UTC
I have made some updates to the OP and FAQ to point out that I will not be used as a tool for activities that may be considered griefing by CCP. To wit, I will not place bounties on new characters (under 30 days old). All who have attempted this before this posting have been refunded. Future attempts will be considered donations.

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-12-06 06:12:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Derek Quaid
Logan Brewster wrote:
Out of curiosity: What exactly is your business plan here?

If I understand your concept correctly you plan to:
1. Take ISK from customer for bounty (for which they could create Alt without paying you)
2. Hope some bounty hunters coordinate/collaborate with you to make life miserable for target

What I don't get is:
1. How do you make a living for lush sums like 10M with 1M going your way?
2. How do you want to get serious killers/bounty hunters follow up on leads as low as that?

I think you raise interesting points, and I am happy to address them.

Your understanding of the business is pretty spot on. I am keeping it simple, at least for now. I am a social player (I am usually logged in with my main), so I like the idea of a non-binding, voluntary collaboration with people.

With regards to how I make a living, the short answer is that I don't. I am not offering this particular service as a means of primary income. I am willing to devote a certain amount of time to it because I think this is a fun concept, and my fees will be adjusted to throttle incoming bounties (supply and demand for the win) to keep my work within those time constraints. My main is quite wealthy from other endeavors, so this is not a get rich quick idea for me.

The bounties themselves attract hunters, presuming they work as CCP intended. I don't pay them. I provide a meeting place dedicated solely to coordinate hunting my clients' targets. The minimum bounty that I will place is indeed low, but it is just a minimum*, and the bounties that I list here for my clients only reflect the amounts they have placed via Discreet Bounties (the total bounty could be much higher). I hope that the Discreet Bounties channel can be just one more tool of the bounty hunting community for providing a quick list of targets and a pool of like-minded hunters for forming hunting parties. I'd very much like to see some enterprising pilots there selling locator services to those bounty hunters for whatever fees they arrange amongst themselves.

Quite simply, I'm not here to become fabulously wealthy or famous. I'm here to build a revenge mill that's fun for people to use. There is a lot of room in EVE for people to take advantage of the bounty market, and I'm working on a very small niche

*My minimum bounty requirement is solely intended to filter out the kids who are just dumping 100k on everyone for the lulz. 10 million is low enough to be affordable yet high enough to be an effective filter.

Logan Brewster
Personal Future Confectioners
#8 - 2012-12-06 06:23:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Logan Brewster
Thanks for the response. I wish you luck with your endeavours.

You should raise your bar to 100M/10M I think at the very least to avoid kiddos.
But since you're doing it just for fun, you won't care anyway.

Hope to do some biz with you in the future! I don't throw mails away, they are all opportunities. ;) (until I'm bio-massed & replaced)

Logan

PS. And, yeah, its a fun concept. ;)
Methelic Mahyisti
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-12-06 19:51:03 UTC
I like the concept a lot and I wish you good luck with it.
Wirblewind FROMAN
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-12-07 02:09:34 UTC
Good concept except you can just make a trash alt and put bounties on people from there :/
Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-12-07 10:40:22 UTC
Came on just before downtime to post a couple more bounties. I did find another request to bounty a character under 30 days old, which I have decided not to do in order to tread lightly around what CCP may consider griefing. While I did update this thread, I had neglected to update the corp info to reflect this restriction, so that bounty is pending for Dec. 8 at or after 13:15 EVE time (when the target hits the 30-day mark). I'd like to thank everyone for their patience on this and remind people once again that I will consider bounties on new characters (under 30 days old) to be donations.

A special thank you to those who have trusted me to place their bounties thus far. I understand that EVE is a dark, inhospitable place, and a little paranoia toward new, anonymous faces asking for your hard-earned ISK is normal and respectable. That said, if no one ever dared take a chance on someone, people like me wouldn't be able to operate services like this. I hope that as I keep working on this project, more people will come to appreciate what I'm doing.

Good hunting, everyone!

Dal Shooth
Criterion.
Northern Coalition.
#12 - 2012-12-08 04:20:32 UTC
Bring it newbs! Muahahahahahahaha!
Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-12-08 09:40:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Derek Quaid
I am pleased to report that I received a notice today that one of our clients' targets, Niccolo Machiavilli, was successfully hunted for a payout of over 13 million ISK. I know that at least one of his hunters was in the Discreet Bounties channel yesterday, and I personally provided a location of the target to the bounty hunter. CONCORD reports that he still has a bounty over 50 million ISK, including our client's 10 million.

The Discreet Bounties channel is, of course, open to all bounty hunters, locators, and merchants who would like to cater to the bounty hunting profession.

Thanks again to our clients for their business, and thanks to the bounty hunters that make our clients' dreams of justice a reality!

UPDATE: A client has added another 10 mil ISK to this target's bounty.

Leigius Duevaal
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-12-09 01:42:53 UTC
Ok yes i am technically a noob... I have wanted to play the bounty hunting profession for a while so i think this is a great idea. (maybe its because i dont know any better! LOL!) I so want to PVP but i dont want to grief players or pirate.. But i do want to learn the tricks and trade of EVE. I need any and all help i can get... any suggestions?
Much appreciated.
Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-12-09 08:06:05 UTC
Niccolo Machiavilli has again been hunted and killed for a payout over 5 million ISK. He remains at large with a total bounty over 60 million ISK.

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-12-09 16:14:34 UTC
Laerise was hunted and killed for a payout of 5.72 million ISK.

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-12-09 20:18:29 UTC
Laerise was killed a second time, clearing the bounty on her head. We thank our clients for their business and hope they will use us again in the future.

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-12-10 20:31:22 UTC
Discreet Bounties has set a goal of placing 100 bounties per month. We are currently behind for the month, focusing mainly on developing the bounty hunting community.

Your business is appreciated.

Leigius Duevaal
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-12-11 03:14:18 UTC
I hope it really takes off!
Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-12-11 11:39:03 UTC
Silas Vitalia was killed by a fleet in HIX4-H while piloting a Vexor. A bounty of 3.9 million ISK was claimed. Her total bounty remains over 21 million ISK.

123Next pageLast page