These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

The World and its Priorities

Author
Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-12-04 02:59:43 UTC
Well I went downstairs today, stuck on the news and to my utter amaze, there was Kate Middleton under the "Breaking News" section.

Confirming that this is utterly world changing news that effects everyone..

Then the best bit....

Quote:
The 30-year-old’s happy news has been slightly blighted by the news that the duchess has been admitted to hospital with acute morning sickness however.

Really? She was taken to hospital for morning sickness? REALLY?

It really seems like this planet is going to ****, when my GF had severe morning sickness she got slapped with painkillers and sent home hours after arriving.

Has the world really come to this? that some random women, in a dying hierarchy based class system gets up the duff becomes breaking news? What about our soldiers over seas? What about our progress with the cure for cancer? What about the current unemployment situation?

./rant
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-12-04 03:03:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Surfin's PlunderBunny
In other breaking news... Lindsay Lohan wore the same dress (style) that Charlise Theron wore first.

*Edit: Answering final questions.... yes, yes, we signed up for that, there are too many types of different cancers to cure, we don't care about that uninteresting bum news

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#3 - 2012-12-04 03:06:06 UTC
^ She also had her funds seized by the IRS as well. But every man wants to bone Kate, so that does affect everyone.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-12-04 03:57:03 UTC
rodyas wrote:
^ She also had her funds seized by the IRS as well. But every man wants to bone Kate, so that does affect everyone.

Wonder what that feels like... to know that everyone wants you. The temptation to run the train must be overwhelming Shocked

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#5 - 2012-12-04 04:27:00 UTC
That's nothing.

David Beckham gets a new haircut and it's on the front page.

This space for rent.

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#6 - 2012-12-04 04:49:20 UTC
Meanwhile in Israel...

wumbo

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-12-04 04:54:17 UTC
Eli Green wrote:
Meanwhile in Israel...

I am a psychic so I will guess...... they're fighting the muslims again

Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#8 - 2012-12-04 07:35:10 UTC
If only Diana were here..... Shocked
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#9 - 2012-12-04 08:35:38 UTC
Hey if I change my hair Does Eve24 Write a story about it? ;P

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-12-04 09:47:39 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Well I went downstairs today, stuck on the news and to my utter amaze, there was Kate Middleton under the "Breaking News" section.

Confirming that this is utterly world changing news that effects everyone..

Then the best bit....

Quote:
The 30-year-old’s happy news has been slightly blighted by the news that the duchess has been admitted to hospital with acute morning sickness however.

Really? She was taken to hospital for morning sickness? REALLY?

It really seems like this planet is going to ****, when my GF had severe morning sickness she got slapped with painkillers and sent home hours after arriving.

Has the world really come to this? that some random women, in a dying hierarchy based class system gets up the duff becomes breaking news? What about our soldiers over seas? What about our progress with the cure for cancer? What about the current unemployment situation?

./rant

Yes, this is what our culture has turned into. At least the mainstream bits of it. Utter garbage, full of ignorance and idiots. It only serves to keep people wage slaves so that an outdated economic system can continue to tick. Its a cycle of garbage in, garbage out.

Fortunately, there is a lot of intelligent people and nice sub cultures that promote entirely different values, and it is growing.

Turn of your TV and stop reading ****** news.
Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#11 - 2012-12-04 12:51:13 UTC
Well in her defense it wasn't just morning sickness.
It's called Hyperemesis Gravidarum Hyperemensis Gravidarum or Severe Morning Sickness.

It's quite bad if it's left un managed and you wouldn't like poor kate to get liver damage now would you Smile
Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-12-04 12:56:17 UTC
Not to mention Simon Cowell's sagging neck, they love reporting that crap.
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#13 - 2012-12-04 13:20:56 UTC
Breaking news : Pregnancy to help rebuild British economy.Lol

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#14 - 2012-12-04 13:31:50 UTC
I see Im not alone on the rants against the sheer waves of IGNORANCE spouting from almost all kind of media these days ...

And unlike some naysayers, its not that we (or at least I) feel superior to anyone, its simply that everyone seems to be blatantly happy being torn down in a world of personalized BUBBLES.

I remember in TED the potential effect of Isolation personalized google searches could yield and how it could encapsulate people in a world so vastly different to each other there would simply be no bridge able to cross.

We are slowly being divided in self made bubbles of personalized queries. And the global personalized queries of the world seem to revolve around fashion and gossip.

I have seen the internet become the biggest gossipy, evil nagging lady from across the corner that tells everyone who is sleeping with whom and what their dirty family secrets are if you just give her some coffee and cookies.

No really, what the hell is wrong with people?

I feel the bar has been lowered in an effort to accommodate everyone, and that is horrendous!

I feel like im trapped some days in a room with a big screen that broadcasts TELETUBBIES on PERMA LOOP and Im forced to see the SUN FOR HOURS.

And guess what? I HAVE TO LIKE IT, else IM BORING , or out of touch, or passé , or perhaps dangerous ... and thats where all of this, all of this SHAM becomes deadly.

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#15 - 2012-12-04 14:19:21 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:
What about our progress with the cure for cancer?

Oh, that old thing?

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-12-04 14:48:15 UTC
(Un)reality TV for me is the best example of where culture and media in general are going horribly wrong.

X-Factor, Celeberity (who the F*** is that??) get me out of here, Jersey Shore etc etc etc etc
so much baseless inane drivel passed off as entertainment
so much baseless inane drivel reported on in the tabloids

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#17 - 2012-12-05 13:28:40 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:
What about our progress with the cure for cancer?

Oh, that old thing?

Baking Soda is one of the many alternate treatments KNOWN to have "some" effect on "some" cancer patients.

In Cuba its common to treat cancer patients as if they had a fungal infection, and so far, unfortunately for some of us Venezuelans, it has managed to keep SOMEONE alive , but Im just hoping it finally takes him over eventually.

There was also the dichloroacetate discovery on "specific" cancer types that it managed to halt spreading, and it seems , to regress some types.

In this day and age, I am inclined, as a scientist trained in the study of mental functions and behavior, a scientist trained to acknowledge the scientific method, to believe that there might indeed be a possibility for the "cure" to exist in a form. Chavez is a perfect example, yet its inefficient or simply not applicable to everyone, yet it works to keep people alive longer, by all accounts he should have gone earlier, yet Cuban treatments seem to have managed to keep him alive a bit longer.

We also have a very prominent scientist in our country, a Venezuelan genius, the creator of a vaccine for Leprosy, Jacinto Convit that has managed to develop a treatment for cancer that is very very promising and so far seems to have managed to at least stop certain types of cancer, but it is still under development and in a experimental phase.

So yes, at least, in scientific terms, there seems to be a "proto" cure, yet it is still highly experimental, the outcome seems to be extremely random, but it works, for some people, under specific circumstances and not all of the time.

Lots of Venezuelan cancer patients flock to his clinic to apply for the treatment. Its no secret.

Why these venues of research dont get more funding? I dont know. Political reasons? Ego? Who knows? researchers are a crazy lot and sometimes yes, greed takes its toll on the world.

Just like Ibogaine ... oh wait , thats something else XD

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-12-05 18:34:18 UTC
So Kate Middleton is pregnant..

I thought that it was government policy to discourage people who don't work from having kids.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#19 - 2012-12-05 19:14:13 UTC
Anybody remember the Lacy Peterson murder investigation that was all over the U.S. news? That started just a couple of weeks after we invaded Iraq. While there was shock and awe footage, we got news about the Iraq War. But once it turned into just infantry guys trying to establish security, we got the idiot Lacy Peterson investigation. (Granted, the Department of Defense censored what footage the inbedded journalists could send back. No dramatic footage, no interest from viewers, no good viewership perecentage for the media broadcasters? )

OK, somebody got murdered, that's news. But is it national news? How many people get murdered around the U.S. every day, and it doesn't make national news? It was like some cheap reality show, except more ghoulish. American commercial media will just feed you the sensationalist crarot your mind, if you let it.
Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-12-05 20:38:58 UTC
jason hill wrote:
So Kate Middleton is pregnant..

I thought that it was government policy to discourage people who don't work from having kids.

That.
Is.
Fantastic
123Next pageLast page