These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Faction Standings Help

First post
Author
Necromateur Gay
QE Social Management Firm
#1 - 2012-12-02 18:41:28 UTC
Alright, I increased my standing with the Caldari by doing missions in Caldari space.

I then traveled to Balle, only to be popped by the Federation Navy.

I didn't realize the individual standings affected me that way, but now I know.

How the hell do I get my standings up with Gallente/Minmitar without joining someone else's missions?
Rengerel en Distel
#2 - 2012-12-02 18:43:19 UTC
http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1263174

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-12-02 20:59:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Ifly Uwalk
The first thing you do is train Diplo to 4. I'm at -7.01 with the froggies, Diplo at 4 takes that to -4.29.

Edit: +1 to what Rengerel said.
Lledrith
Ex Caminus
#4 - 2012-12-02 21:00:56 UTC
depending on your standing a couple of lv 4 storyline will help.
Julius Priscus
#5 - 2012-12-02 21:02:43 UTC
do lvl 1 missions in caldari/amarr for that faction which hates you till you fixed it.. ( 100's of lvl 1 missions )

then never go a mission again, after that goto null sec and earn far more than you would in high sec doing missions.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#6 - 2012-12-02 21:10:52 UTC
Although that was an exelent thread and standing repair plan, it is a bit outdated. This one is more up-to-date.
Game mechanics have changed a bit since February 2010...Smile

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Lledrith
Ex Caminus
#7 - 2012-12-02 21:28:51 UTC
Julius Priscus wrote:
do lvl 1 missions in caldari/amarr for that faction which hates you till you fixed it.. ( 100's of lvl 1 missions )

then never go a mission again, after that goto null sec and earn far more than you would in high sec doing missions.

regular missions don't help with standing, storylines are the ones that dictate faction standing.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#8 - 2012-12-02 21:54:40 UTC
Lledrith wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:

regular missions don't help with standing, storylines are the ones that dictate faction standing.

Yes. But it takes 16 or so regular missions to get the storyline missions.

Created a similiar thread about a month or two ago. Thanks to the advice I rceived I was back in good standing with everyone within a day.
Rengerel en Distel
#9 - 2012-12-02 22:37:01 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Although that was an exelent thread and standing repair plan, it is a bit outdated. This one is more up-to-date.

Good to know ... evelopedia always seems to be years out of date itself, so stopped using it for a source.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-12-03 02:03:56 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1263174

Shocked

Talk about a blast from the past.

It does my heart good to see players link it every once in a while.

Anyway, ISD Ezwal is correct. The Evelopedia has an updated version of "The Plan'.

Good luck to you.

DMC
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#11 - 2012-12-03 02:23:24 UTC
My situation is reverse to yours. Caldari hate me. I CBA to care. Think of it as a lesson in EVE. Learn to pick a side and stop trying to please everyone.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

pussnheels
Viziam
#12 - 2012-12-03 07:41:44 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:

aye but it still works and that article should be somewhere where any player can find it relative easy , it is a bit of a hassle finding it right now

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-12-03 19:10:02 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
pussnheels wrote:
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Although that was an excelent thread and standing repair plan, it is a bit outdated. This one is more up-to-date.

aye but it still works and that article should be somewhere where any player can find it relative easy , it is a bit of a hassle finding it right now

Yes, you're right. The older version will still work. However the newer updated version includes a lot more options and details.

There's a Faction Standing Repair Plan thread posted in Missions & Complexes sub forum (usually located within the first few pages) that includes a link to the updated version in Evelopedia.

The Evelopedia has a search option which will enable quick access to 'The Plan'. It's listed in Category:Guides - section F.

DMC
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#14 - 2012-12-04 01:34:38 UTC
Sisters of EVE. You can only do it every 3 months, but you can pick the faction to gain standings with. Plus, all the other stuff other people said - the faction standing repair guide is pretty good. And decline missions in future that have you shooting faction navy ships...
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#15 - 2012-12-04 01:41:30 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
Sisters of EVE. You can only do it every 3 months, but you can pick the faction to gain standings with. Plus, all the other stuff other people said - the faction standing repair guide is pretty good. And decline missions in future that have you shooting faction navy ships...

I also do regular missions for Sisters of EVE to get storylines. Keeps the Gallente and Minmatar off my back, as I mostly do Amarr and Caldari missions.