These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Abuse of game mechanics

First post
Author
Mr Chant
MAFIA
Coca Cola Cowboys
#61 - 2012-12-02 17:24:58 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Mr Chant wrote:
keep it up fucktards

goodness gracious!

i call it as i see it
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#62 - 2012-12-02 17:25:26 UTC
Good to hear, thanks for the pointer. And please CCP, don't fix this.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Mr Chant
MAFIA
Coca Cola Cowboys
#63 - 2012-12-02 17:26:56 UTC
Seleia O'Sinnor wrote:
Good to hear, thanks for the pointer. And please CCP, don't fix this.

so its 100% ok to lower your morality if you FEEL someone else is

i pity you
Mr Chant
MAFIA
Coca Cola Cowboys
#64 - 2012-12-02 17:32:20 UTC
you can petition him for harrassement.
Sent: 2012.12.02 17:31
To: Mr Chant,

[17:30:25] Gallente Citizen 827473904580 open a trade with Mr Chant and you could win a Rattlesnake

this clearly is harrassement and as i opened the trade,
you have proof that people actually do this ****.
TheLostPenguin
Surreal Departure
#65 - 2012-12-02 17:32:45 UTC  |  Edited by: TheLostPenguin
Mr Chant wrote:
keep it up fucktards

when your hear next week moaning bout receiving perma bans

il be 100% sure to troll your threads

Afaik it's not an exploit, has never been an exploit, and untill such time as CCP announce that suddenly it IS an exploit, nobody will get banned. (Except maybe you if you managed to annoy enough GMs with petitions about it I guess)

Considering that such spamming of people with requests has been around pretty much since day 1, and here we are pretty much a decade on, I'd say you're barking at a rather uncaring tree.
Corrupt Wizard
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2012-12-02 17:32:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Corrupt Wizard
ok MR CHANT, ccp bans my jita alt.... gf gf

btw. is it really true that i can win a rattle snake? i think i log in and try my luck, ~MR CHANT~.
Ghazu
#67 - 2012-12-02 18:10:42 UTC
awww i thought op was going to http://eve-search.com/thread/177793-1/page/1#4

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Beckie DeLey
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2012-12-02 18:12:38 UTC
Ghazu wrote:

Hilarious. Clearly he should be banned from EVE so that his suffering can finally end. People with mental issues need to be protected from themselves.

My siren's name is Brick and she is the prettiest.

Corrupt Wizard
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2012-12-02 18:14:48 UTC
Beckie DeLey wrote:
Ghazu wrote:

Hilarious. Clearly he should be banned from EVE so that his suffering can finally end. People with mental issues need to be protected from themselves.

yeah jita can be a rough place.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#70 - 2012-12-02 18:15:50 UTC
Don't even joke, even if he was only trying to fake harrassment
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#71 - 2012-12-02 18:16:33 UTC
Mr Chant wrote:
keep it up fucktards
So let's see…

You admit to being a spammer. You admit to clogging up the petition queue with frivolous whines. Now, you go all out and become abusive on the forums. Yes, the GMs will love you.

Quote:
when your hear next week moaning bout receiving perma bans
Seeing as how there's nothing for anyone to be banned for (except maybe your increasing list of bad behaviour), I think you'll have to extend that time schedule a bit…
Silk daShocka
Greasy Hair Club
#72 - 2012-12-02 18:44:54 UTC
Well thanks for making this thread MR chant, I know exactly what I'll be doing next time I go to the cesspool that is Jita.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#73 - 2012-12-02 19:13:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
Beckie DeLey wrote:
Ghazu wrote:

Lucky that CCP has a special response team for situations like that:

"Furthermore, we have a suicide hotline protocol which has, in specific cases, made a difference for several unfortunately troubled players...."

Second paragraph from bottom

Glad to see that CCP really takes care of the players!

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Strazdas Unstoppable
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2012-12-02 19:28:16 UTC
Thread epic enough to be posted in.
So somone found a way to hurt a scambot. Now lets see if CCP want thier scambots here :)
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#75 - 2012-12-02 19:55:18 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Because he has already explained how to not be bothered by it and because he hasn't been able to specify where the abuse is.

He says he's “locked down”, but doesn't particularly describe how.

Locked down because in order to undock you have to confirm the cancellation of all in-progress trades.

Moving a dialog box out of the way doesn't really count as "not being bothered" by it. Sure, it ameliorates the situation so you can continue fitting ships and dealing with legitimate trades. Being able to throttle a denial of service attack doesn't stop the attack, it just reduces the annoyance.

Why are people you have blocked from conversation able to initiate a trade with you?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#76 - 2012-12-02 19:59:42 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Locked down because in order to undock you have to confirm the cancellation of all in-progress trades.
So, that's one, then. And since he's a scam spammer, I get this distinct feeling that he's not undocking anyway.

So not only is he not being bothered, the one thing he “can't do” is literally one click away.
CaptainFalcon07
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#77 - 2012-12-02 20:18:19 UTC
Oh I bet you're one of those trade me scammers.

Just desserts for you, you got what you wanted haha.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#78 - 2012-12-02 21:01:26 UTC
Blocking people probably should prevent people from opening a trade window with you.

Also disregarding complaint because you don't like what a person making it does in the game is as immature as all hell and you should feel bad for doing it.
CaptainFalcon07
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#79 - 2012-12-02 21:34:40 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Blocking people probably should prevent people from opening a trade window with you.

Also disregarding complaint because you don't like what a person making it does in the game is as immature as all hell and you should feel bad for doing it.

Who cares? This is funny.
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2012-12-02 21:41:21 UTC
Forum Rules wrote:

4. Be respectful of others at all times.

The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.

5. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a long-winded, redundant post, often filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

6. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another. Text of this nature is not beneficial to the community spirit and will not be tolerated. Corporation, faction and alliance members and other players are cautioned to avoid allowing “in character” disputes from becoming "out of character" personal attacks. The game is designed for role-playing and/or portraying a role and it is sometimes easy for tempers to flare when the lines between the virtual world and the real world are crossed. Please keep in-game disputes in the game and off the forum unless it is clearly a mutual, in-character exchange.

7. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the players. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not contribute to the sense of community we want for our forums.

19.. Avoid using profanity.

Using partial masking (such as asterisks or punctuation marks) to bypass the profanity filter is prohibited and will result in the same action as if the actual word had been typed.

Thread is locked for multiple breaches of the above rules - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]