These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Help me CCP Soundwave, you're my only hope (or Post ALL your Little Things improvements wishes!)

First post First post
Author
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#581 - 2012-12-01 18:49:03 UTC
New sov item that is a billboard that can be customized to display or say anything the sov holder want. Within reason of course. Anchorable near gates and stations.
Aditu Riraille
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#582 - 2012-12-01 20:55:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Aditu Riraille
As a new player with less than two weeks under my belt, I have the following suggestions concerning how inventory works currently in EVE:

1) Fitting behavior while docked:
Unfitting a weapon mount doesn't deposit said weapon in your ship's inventory as one would expect... no, it warps the little bugger all the way to the station (item) inventory by default (!). I am sure there are plenty of people who are used to or like the way this works right now, but for those of us who do not, can we have a way to leave it on the ship instead?

2) Restriction on selling items in ship inventory while docked:
Currently, you are not allowed to attempt to sell an item while it is in ships inventory; you have to manually move the item to station (item) inventory and then sell. I don't really understand the logic behind this guys; I am docked, right? What difference does it make whether I have the item in ship inventory vs. station (item) inventory as long as I am docked? It is one extra step to trade currently.

3) Behavior of items in inventory:
Currently moving items into inventory where identical items exist does NOT stack them together. Not sure if I like this or not- currently it's a bit of a PITA to re-combine all the separate stacks to clean up inventory visually. Maybe I am missing something in the interface that can change this, otherwise it would be nice to have control over stack/don't stack logic.

P.S. I am embarrassed just how many times I have left a station thinking I have everything on my ship and DOH!! - noticed waaaay too late that the item(s) I need are back at the last station... sitting in, you guessed it, station item inventory. Yes, I should be more careful, but it's still a ROYAL PITA!

Thanks, enjoying EVE so far, can't wait for Dec 4! Blink

AR

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T. S. Eliot   

YuuKnow
The Scope
#583 - 2012-12-01 21:11:30 UTC
It would be nice to be able to select various information on the "Selected Item" Menu. Right now distance is shown, but it would also be nice to see "speed" or even relative speed.

yk
YuuKnow
The Scope
#584 - 2012-12-01 21:35:17 UTC
Can we have a cooldown timer for the MJD?

yk
Crash Dealer
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#585 - 2012-12-01 22:23:15 UTC
Ok 2 things (that are little):

1. Drones Interface
Drone interfaces should get better, really it's pretty abandon and is one very impotant thing in the game. I can't even know how many HP my drones have and in dronebay.

2. Skill Window
The possibility to list skills by their level would be awesome and basic, so please don't be lame and put a filter by level trainned in the skills window

regards
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#586 - 2012-12-01 22:53:44 UTC
A community Block. If 100 people have someone blocked, auto put them on my block list too.

AFK bot spam scammers feel free to reply how horrible this would be. Big smile

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Mirel Dystoph
Perkone
Caldari State
#587 - 2012-12-02 01:27:24 UTC
Make hotlinks openable in an out of game browser.

"Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise." 

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#588 - 2012-12-02 01:33:16 UTC
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31134847.jpg

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Crazy KSK
Tsunami Cartel
#589 - 2012-12-02 01:59:53 UTC
make it possible to search for items using abbreviations like mwd MJD ecm dcu mse lse etc etc
cap boosters don't have the size icon on their icon , cap boosters? or cap boosters? you might ask now, yeah cap injector is probably a better name =O
also why is the heavy cap booster heavy ?
the fact that scripts have the small ammo S and script using modules do too might be a bit confusing I think they should get a Sc symbol

you can not search for size of modules or charges if I want small ammo or small blasters I have to type in the names of the modules themselves something like 'ammo L' would be nice or a filter setting

there is no button to bring up the filter window if I am using the 'merge ships and items window with station services' setting

Quote CCP Fozzie: ... The days of balance and forget are over.

Digital Messiah
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#590 - 2012-12-02 02:26:22 UTC
a confirmation on trade windows showing a list of items and isk before accepting.

Something clever

Laukus
The CodeX Alliance Executive Holdings Corporation
The CodeX Alliance
#591 - 2012-12-02 08:20:49 UTC
When in CQs, make my characters arm move to follow the mouse when interacting with the floating menu's.

Die space rock die!

Skaara
Cenarion Circle
#592 - 2012-12-02 08:25:49 UTC
1 Please add a function that allows us to see insurance status of all our ships, I cannot know which ship's insurance is about to expire if they are at the other end of universe

2 Please add a toggle button for eve voice, so I can turn on my mic during combat and turn off when it's not needed

3 Please remove 'double click on overview makes it minimize' function, during combat, when we click warp intensely only find all button disappear is very annoying

4 Please fix probe, it is still too hard to use, on average, it takes a normal player at least 5-10min to find a ship at 'safe spot', what does red bubble mean? what does red circle mean? when you finnally scan down a ship at 40% accuracy, and you shorten the scan range, only to find it's gone, even tho the target didnt move a bit, scanner tricked ya, it is worse than quantum physic

5 Please make ammo auto change on next run, during the combat, if I want to change ammo, I have to stop it first, this delay at my end is annoying, it will be great if it's auto

6 In game, auction fees are too high to promote capital ship sale or t2 blueprint sale, apply a cap fee can move these sales from forum back to ingame

if these can be addressed I will be very happy man
Hathrul
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#593 - 2012-12-02 12:15:46 UTC
can we get an option to show or NOT SHOW the incursion channel when jumping into a system? its driving me insane every time im traveling through those regions
Hathrul
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#594 - 2012-12-02 12:17:06 UTC
Skaara wrote:

4 Please fix probe, it is still too hard to use, on average, it takes a normal player at least 5-10min to find a ship at 'safe spot', what does red bubble mean? what does red circle mean? when you finnally scan down a ship at 40% accuracy, and you shorten the scan range, only to find it's gone, even tho the target didnt move a bit, scanner tricked ya, it is worse than quantum physic

im sorry but no. it takes a normal player that time, so get people that are good at it and willing to take the time getting the skills. good combat probers can do it in 1 or 2 tries and it shouldnt take more then 10-20 seconds. let some skill be invovled!
goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#595 - 2012-12-02 13:20:42 UTC
Not sure if this is a little thing but here it goes.
In-game ‘screen shot’ sharing, possibly for recon/covert pilots only. This would allow the forward recon role to effectively send the information back to the fleet. It could include ship scans, cargo scans, or just numbers and types of ships depending on the skill level of the pilot.

You could also set a distance limit ie: lvl1 would only be able to transmit back through a simple jump gate. Lvl5 would send back information from a WH.

This would be advantageous to pirates, carebears, and alliances both big and small. It would also be a way of effectively training Rookies in the difficult art of overview settings.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Nicen Jehr
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#596 - 2012-12-02 17:52:00 UTC
Velveteen Viliana wrote:
I would like is if it's somehow possible to code in bookmark locations as a valid Type in the Overview. This allows for a greater organization and quick reference of bookmarks to me in relation to my actual spot in space, and would definitely help out in systems where you have many book marks. Having this as an option in the Overview would also allow us to option it off when we don't need it in a very quick manner, similar to how we toggle other parts of our Overview depending on the situation.
OH, I thought at first you meant 'show bookmark brackets' (which ain't happening anytime soon). But you're saying put bookmarks in overview so you can use hotkeys to warp to, approach... instead of right click cascades.

YES Awesome idea +1000

Aditu Riraille wrote:
1. [de-fitted weapons are currently falling on hangar floor rather than being stored in ship]
2. [let us sell items in ships]
3. Behavior of items in inventory:
Currently moving items into inventory where identical items exist does NOT stack them together. Not sure if I like this or not- currently it's a bit of a PITA to re-combine all the separate stacks to clean up inventory visually. Maybe I am missing something in the interface that can change this, otherwise it would be nice to have control over stack/don't stack logic.
I like idea 1 a lot.

Idea 2 would be very nice but it might be technically difficult to code... otherwise I have no clue why CCP hasn't done it already.
It sounds like CCP is strengthening the architecture and code base with CARBON, dust integration, etc. Certainly we are seeing improvements raining upon our clients as fast and thick as autocannon bullets. So hopefully they can fix this soon.

Idea 3, they don't autostack to save bandwidth+cpu. It's computationally expensive to stack items esp if you have hundreds of stacks. And the server has to get involved every time.

IIRC in the past there wasn't a 'stack all' button when you right clicked a single item. You had to select everything, right click and click 'stack'.

goldiiee wrote:
Not sure if this is a little thing but here it goes.
In-game ‘screen shot’ sharing, possibly for recon/covert pilots only. This would allow the forward recon role to effectively send the information back to the fleet. It could include ship scans, cargo scans, or just numbers and types of ships depending on the skill level of the pilot.
DingoGS's (IGB) dscan scout tool did this already for fleet comps. Details
Nicen Jehr
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#597 - 2012-12-02 18:58:49 UTC
Put remote armor reps, energy transfer arrays, and shield transporters in a 'Logistics' market category.

Your call on what to do with Remote Sensor Boosters, Tracking Links and Projected ECCM. Right now they are scattered all over the place.
InternetSpaceJesus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#598 - 2012-12-02 20:11:18 UTC
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

Right Click> Buy Fitting From Market

It could give the user a dialog selecting the maximum amount they want to pay, and selecting whether they want it only to buy if every item is available, and whatever else. Even a mediocre implementation of this would be better than buying each and every item individually. If you're really feeling nice, make it so you can buy multiple of any item, so I can just type in a list of mineral amounts and it will buy them all for the current price.

Additionally,

Right Click> Sell All

Same as the other above. It gives you a dialog where you select options, and then it sells everything for you so you don't have to sell 150 stacks of items individually.

In fact, I think the whole expansion could comprise of these two features and I would be happy.

I make meth to fund my internet spaceships.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#599 - 2012-12-02 22:10:33 UTC
If I block someone so they cannot send me mail or start conversations with me, they should not be able to open a trade request with me.
Lammeth
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#600 - 2012-12-02 23:49:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Lammeth
Allow for copying and pasting of links so that I can send a shopping list to an alt, or save MOTD messages as Notes and just be able to copy and paste.

An option to change the behavior of clicking a link to "View Market Details" instead of show info. Also an option to change the double-click feature when viewing a fit to "View Market Details" so that it's faster to buy modules for a fit.