These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dominix Lvl 4's - Sentries or Heavies ? And what fit ?

Author
Zoe Alarhun
The Proactive Reappropriation Corporation
#1 - 2011-10-21 15:14:33 UTC
Simple really - looking for a build for a lower SP player that they can work towards that uses drones. Either sentries or heavies will be fine and they can already use T1 Sentries. Armor or shield tank. I don't have much experience with missions so preferably something that can handle shooting the wrong triggers etc.

Mission Potato fits - bring them on.
Kilrayn
Caldari Provisions
#2 - 2011-10-21 15:24:09 UTC
Carry both heavies and sentries if you can, each work well in different circumstances, with some lights for frig killing. For instance if you're fighting angels, who generally orbit you very closely, you'd want heavies, where if you're fighting serps with rails orbiting at 40+ km, get the sentries out, ogres travel very slow X

Also, I don't have any fitting tools on this comp to copy/paste a fit, but many domi pilots fit dual armor reps. You don't run both constantly, just 1 and 'boost' with the 2nd.

Lastly, Eve Survival Mission Reports

This should help you with what type of damage to tank/deal, as well as what the triggers are. Hope this helps some o7

"Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not." - Citan Uzuki, Xenogears

Zoe Alarhun
The Proactive Reappropriation Corporation
#3 - 2011-10-21 15:27:32 UTC
It's not for me (I'm a pirate by trade :P) More looking for fits really since I have little experience with the larger drones. Also I don't run missions so I'm wondering what would be the easiest for them to get into. (Everything I fit get's cap boosters strapped to it for the delicious cap, but I hear cap stability is requirement for many missions.)
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#4 - 2011-10-21 15:55:45 UTC
Sentries if you're at the keyboard, heavies work slightly better if you're afking missions. Effective Dominix fits are all over the place as far as what to put on there, but here's a collection from the infancy of the new forums.

In general, a cap stable armor tank with sentries and a few guns is probably the best entry level setup, but the options are legion.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#5 - 2011-10-21 16:10:02 UTC
Here's my fit. It rocks the 4's nicely. The faction sentries IMO are worth every penny until you can use T2. Their specs are much closer to T2. Yes they are pricey, but unless you are brain dead it is near impossible to lose a sentry drone in PVE.

I don't bother with heavies. With 2 Omni's the gardes track cruisers and up from 5000m out. If frigs get under the gardes i just ignore them until the end and let a flight of hobs clean up.

There are only 1 or 2 missions where I use heavies and those are ones with travel between gates. I can slow boat it to the

gate while the heavies do their thing.

Obviously switch out tank per mission etc.

[Dominix, Dominix fit]

350mm Prototype I Gauss Gun, Antimatter Charge L
Drone Link Augmentor I

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link

Imperial Navy Large Armor Repairer
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Armor EM Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Federation Navy Garde x5
Imperial Navy Curator x5
Cyniac
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-10-21 16:10:37 UTC
For the Domi if it's a new player (not just low isk) you go for tank then progressively replace that with spank.

I'll post my fit when I get home.

Cheers.
Kinroi Alari
Orbital Express LTD
Trystero GmbH
#7 - 2011-10-21 19:56:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kinroi Alari
Personal preference, but I like to use Warden II sentries for long distance sniping and Ogre II heavies for close in battleship killing. I've also swapped out Wardens for Bouncer IIs when I wanted to deliver explosive damage.

The above (and linked) Dominix fits show good armor tanks. If your friend is better at shield tanking, you can shield tank a Dominix (though Shield Power Relays in the low will hurt your capacitor recharge badly), but I'd recommend using a Gila pirate cruiser instead. They may pay three to four times as much for the hull, but it has a Drake-style shield tank. (If they do use a Gila, they may want to use Malkuth heavy missile launchers in the highs and Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay Is in the lows, as it's tight on CPU.)

I <3 my many Dominix of all flavors. But both the Gila and its bigger cousin, the Rattlesnake, have 400m3 drones bays; these outclass the 375 m3 drone bay of the Dominix.
Kathe en Marland
43 6F 72 70 0A
#8 - 2011-10-22 00:53:26 UTC
While looking into the Dominix myself I came across what appears to be a really good starting fitting and the description that comes with it appears really well thought out and explains all the modules and how to upgrade it for more dps when you've gotten the skills trained up.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/54379-Noob-039-s-guide-to-PvE-Dominix.html