These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: War. War never changes..until it does

First post First post
Author
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#61 - 2012-11-29 16:54:51 UTC
FistyMcBumBasher wrote:
Ashterothi wrote:
The way to support snipers is not to move the beacon farther away, but increase the capture range. As it stands you can be 40km away from warp in and still be capturing. If that is not far enough for you snipers, maybe the range should be increased.

Goodbye 100km cormorant fleets.

Lol. Goodbye to my 225km Naga.
kelmiler delbone
JSIG Holdings
Shattered Freeholds
#62 - 2012-11-29 17:17:48 UTC
changes sound good
Rastuasi
Crunchy Crunchy
#63 - 2012-11-29 17:30:47 UTC
About time on the bulk lp exchange...been suggesting it since the first time I did a bulk of missions and found I couldn't do bulk exchange....makes that about 5 years wait
Kimo Khan
Rage Against All Reds
GunFam
#64 - 2012-11-29 17:50:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimo Khan
Axl Borlara wrote:
This is my view:

• Novice complexes now only accept tech1 frigates (rookie ships will be excluded)
  • Small complexes now accept all frigates (including tech 1, tech 2, all pirate/navy variants) plus tech 1 destroyers
  • Medium complexes will accept all frigate and destroyer variations, plus tech 1 cruisers
  • Large complexes will have no ship restrictions

The largest ship type in a plex must be limited to tech 1 only for it to work.
Every ship type has a reasonably balanced area to fight in.

What are the arguments against this?

Yes, this
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#65 - 2012-11-29 17:53:16 UTC
I think it sucks that FW people can instantly see who is in what militia by looking at local, but I on the other hand have to through and show info on everyone. It's pretty annoying.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#66 - 2012-11-29 17:56:46 UTC
I agree t2 should only be in the next size up.
Also killing pirate frigs with other frigs is hard, but only in the solo form.
Once you do group they die fast.
And yes I do agree that a npc shuld pop up every 5 mins, that if not killed summons reinforcements.
That would do a lot to stop farmers.

I am curious, why no ewar from npcs?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#67 - 2012-11-29 18:07:50 UTC
NEONOVUS wrote:

I am curious, why no ewar from npcs?

Because ewar from NPCs interferes with PVP quite a bit.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#68 - 2012-11-29 18:08:20 UTC
Can we PLEASE have the LP stores in the static data dump? D:

The Drake is a Lie

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#69 - 2012-11-29 18:24:29 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Maz3r Rakum wrote:
A large source of income for me at least came from tags collected while plexing.

Will the new NPC contain a similar amount of tags as before?

Each NPC will have 1-2 tags. We will also be monitoring the tag situation and can adjust drops as necessary

Tags should come from Level 5s anyway.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Sheynan
Lighting the blight
#70 - 2012-11-29 18:29:55 UTC
6 plex sizes, one for each ship class in EVE, with T2 and pirate rated one class higher would have been the best solution to me.

Easy to understand, most diverse solution Sad
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#71 - 2012-11-29 18:36:30 UTC
I really like the geography changes, but I'd really love to see a Siseide -> Kurn link up in there as well. :)

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#72 - 2012-11-29 18:45:44 UTC
Please tell me the LP store bulk purchases are not restricted to the FW LP stores only.

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#73 - 2012-11-29 18:54:09 UTC
MisterNick wrote:
Please tell me the LP store bulk purchases are not restricted to the FW LP stores only.

It's all of them.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#74 - 2012-11-29 18:57:33 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
MisterNick wrote:

It's all of them.

Hooray! Big smile

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

Silence iKillYouu
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#75 - 2012-11-29 19:08:05 UTC
All great changes thanks

EVE Mail me i dont check forums often.

Trendafil
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-11-29 19:21:32 UTC
Nice chages to the LP Store #muchlove. Am I the only one who thinks the new fw mechanics are beyond exploitable? Isn't this the return of the 1day alts with a twist?
2manno Asp
Death By Design
#77 - 2012-11-29 19:48:57 UTC
not a big fan of the pirate frigs in novice plexes, or pirate cruisers in mediums.

we all know per CCP policy, the hierarchy is t1 < navy < t2 < pirate... so it's confounding how a dramiel would be allowed in a plex that a crusader would not, or a cynabal but not a vagabond.

also, this seems like a pretty big tag nerf, which doesn't stop the farmers from farming, rather the players who actually shot the npc's from getting drops.

sometimes i just don't understand...
Ramius Decimus
Daitengu Fleet
#78 - 2012-11-29 19:52:53 UTC
Everything looks good... except for the FW complex naming change. Sounds more like we're fighting over fast food than military complexes. And why name the smallest one "Novice"? I get the point that it makes it obvious for newbs to know they can do that 'plex, but everyone else will be doing them too so that title seems rather silly... unless you were planning to prohibit players with X amount of skill points from entering it.

Straight

I really don't understand why those names had to be changed. I don't think many people had an issue discerning the difference between them. If anything, you could just have added into each complex's (beacon) description which ships are accepted by the acceleration gate of each complex level.

Rear Admiral

Commander-in-Chief

90th Fleet

Caldari Navy

2manno Asp
Death By Design
#79 - 2012-11-29 19:59:34 UTC
Ramius Decimus wrote:
Everything looks good... except for the FW complex naming change. Sounds more like we're fighting over fast food than military complexes. And why name the smallest one "Novice"? I get the point that it makes it obvious for newbs to know they can do that 'plex, but everyone else will be doing them too so that title seems rather silly... unless you were planning to prohibit players with X amount of skill points from entering it.

Straight

I really don't understand why those names had to be changed. I don't think many people had an issue discerning the difference between them. If anything, you could just have added into each complex's (beacon) description which ships are accepted by the acceleration gate of each complex level.

or just gone with small -> medium -> large -> unrestricted. it was the 2 types of large that were confusing.
2manno Asp
Death By Design
#80 - 2012-11-29 20:05:46 UTC  |  Edited by: 2manno Asp
FistyMcBumBasher wrote:
Ashterothi wrote:
The way to support snipers is not to move the beacon farther away, but increase the capture range. As it stands you can be 40km away from warp in and still be capturing. If that is not far enough for you snipers, maybe the range should be increased.

Goodbye 100km cormorant fleets.

come on. this isn't the issue people are making it out to be.

no one is limiting the size of the plexes and you can still sit 40km (10+30km) off the plex entrance by my math and be on the point. if you still really need to be 100km or more, just move off if someone shows up short range... or wait for them to jump in and hit your mwd. that should get you to ~60-70km before they can start to move towards you.