These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

UI for Ease of Usable-Ship-Discovery

Author
Necromateur Gay
QE Social Management Firm
#1 - 2012-11-29 12:47:01 UTC
So my mistress and I were having some fun in the bedroom when it dawned on me that Eve Online needs a screen that will allow users to sift through all available ships quickly and without the need to open up another screen just to figure out whether it is usable or not.

For instance, if I went on a training binge and didn't know what all ships the skills trained would allow me to use, I could then open up the ship-skill window and quickly/easily search through all Eve ships to see which ones I am able to fly. It could be as simple as a green check-mark next to the ship's name, or even a bolded font of the ship name.

This screen might even be expandable to include recommended loadouts (T1 versions only (we don't want to make it too easy for the noobs) ). This way, finding a new, shiny ship to fly will be as painless as the conversation I had after becoming distracted from my mistress.

She wasn't too happy about it, but she realized that Eve means a lot to me, so she let me make a post about it and then come back to bed.

I think this is a great idea. I also believe it won't be too difficult to implement.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#2 - 2012-11-29 13:37:13 UTC
I'm not 100%, but I am pretty sure the market already does this.
Necromateur Gay
QE Social Management Firm
#3 - 2012-11-29 15:36:35 UTC
It doesn't technically do what I'm asking. You have to search through the market, click-click-click-click-click to find a ship that you may or may not be able to use, then you have to click-click-click-click some more.

What I'm suggesting will be a stand-alone thing that will separate 'usable' ships from 'unusable' ships, which you may then select the 'types' from the usable and unusable categories.

Currently, it's just a tedious waste-of-time to find ships.
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#4 - 2012-11-29 15:56:17 UTC
Ok, I'll bite....

What fun thing were you doing with your mistress in the bedroom that inspired you to think about EVE suddenly?

Ooo sweety, my marauder is locking onto your structure now, get ready to feel these kinetic rounds pounding home!