These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Close this **** since no one is helpful and just TRY to troll. and CCP sucks.

First post
Author
piecakes's brother
Assasinated Zombies
#1 - 2012-11-28 18:30:45 UTC  |  Edited by: piecakes's brother
Ya I keep getting the socket closed message. This morning I have gotten it about 6 times total within say 30 mins....

I usually get it once a day.

My computer is new and top of the line. My internet is super fast and awesome sauce... WTF is the problem and how can I fix it... Cant pvp or do **** when im discoing every 5 mins.
Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#2 - 2012-11-28 18:31:33 UTC
the logs show nothing...

wumbo

Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-11-28 18:32:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Ted
Did you try uplugging your router waiting 15 seconds and plugging it back in?

Also the forum your looking for is this way => https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=272

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

piecakes's brother
Assasinated Zombies
#4 - 2012-11-28 18:35:21 UTC  |  Edited by: piecakes's brother
Well I am not disconnecting from the internet... I am running pandora and over **** at the same time and there is no problem there.... I reset my router pretty often because of work related things but I have heard other people bitching about it so whos end is it on mine or ccps? An what causes this?
Tiberius Murderhorne
CONTRATTO
Blood Eagle Syndicate
#5 - 2012-11-28 18:36:07 UTC
yep 3 people in fleet have had this trouble more than once in the last hour.

good job they have a good logi pilot on hand!

Cheers
Tib

Disclaimer : My posting does not always reflect my Corps views or my allience views.... Infact sometimes it does not even reflect my views!

Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-11-28 18:36:08 UTC
piecakes's brother wrote:
Well I am not disconnecting from the internet... I am running pandora and over **** at the same time and there is no problem there.... I reset my modern pretty often because of work related things but I have heard other people bitching about it so whos end is it on mine or ccps? An what causes this?

Just try it anyway.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#7 - 2012-11-28 18:37:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Ya I keep getting the socket closed message. This morning I have gotten it about 6 times total within say 30 mins....

My computer is new and top of the line. My internet is super fast and awesome sauce... WTF is the problem and how can I fix it... Cant pvp or do **** when im discoing every 5 mins.

Lemme guess. You filed no petition and expect us to do something.

edit: Download Pingplotter (30 days free....stil works after that with nag screen though).

Point to server 87.237.38.200

Times to Trace: 1500

Trace Interval 2.5 seconds

Samples: 1500

This will show you where your packets are getting lost. Forward saved session to Petition. CCP will let you know if it's you or not.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

piecakes's brother
Assasinated Zombies
#8 - 2012-11-28 18:38:17 UTC
Tiberius Murderhorne wrote:
yep 3 people in fleet have had this trouble more than once in the last hour.

good job they have a good logi pilot on hand!

Cheers
Tib

Ya that sucks man atleast you had some backup... I would hate to pull out some nice ship to pvp in and disconnect and log in to a station....

piecakes's brother
Assasinated Zombies
#9 - 2012-11-28 18:40:04 UTC  |  Edited by: piecakes's brother
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Lemme guess. You filed no petition and expect us to do something.

So you want me to petetion this.. Ok so I gonna tell them I keep getting socket closed.. I havent lost anything so not to worried about.
So petetion this and 2 weeks from now I get my first response from a uneducated GM... yep makes sense.... problem solved Ugh

I have bad experiences with GMs....Last time resulted in a internal investagation from CCP internal affairs. Which I was pleased with btw
Aziesta
Quantshure
#10 - 2012-11-28 18:44:41 UTC
So petetion this and 2 weeks from now I get my first response from a uneducated GM... yep makes sense.... problem solved Ugh

Or you could whine about it here, and expect something magical to happen.
Or you could try to search for solutions yourself.
Kobal81
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-11-28 18:51:25 UTC

It has nothing to do with your internet, in my case only. One to three of my accounts close randomly. And alsoo this started shortly after the first inferno patch. Reseting your modem or router won't solve the problem.

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit"

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#12 - 2012-11-28 18:54:22 UTC

It's AN uneducated. Now who's uneducated ?

SOunds like you have issues primarily from your attitude, game secondarily.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

piecakes's brother
Assasinated Zombies
#13 - 2012-11-28 18:56:31 UTC
Aziesta wrote:

Or you could whine about it here, and expect something magical to happen.
Or you could try to search for solutions yourself.

I shouldnt have to fix ****.. Game should work... CCP should just fix **** like this instead of adding new **** to the game no one will use and is broken from day one..

I dont work for CCP so if the probelm is on their end I shouldnt have to do ****.. Plain and simple.

With the way you are defending CCP seems you are probably one of those gay Devs/Gms/CCP that play under different characters...Just saying
piecakes's brother
Assasinated Zombies
#14 - 2012-11-28 18:57:51 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Smack talk by grammar... Level Leetsauce..

Really? gay
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#15 - 2012-11-28 19:02:41 UTC

Really? gay

We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly to in these parts.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#16 - 2012-11-28 19:03:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Really? gay

As a matter of fact, I really am. For reallz.

geez I even gave you Pingplotter instructions.

Your attitude is such that we don't need you in the game. Good riddance.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#17 - 2012-11-28 19:05:49 UTC

With the way you are defending CCP seems you are probably one of those gay Devs/Gms/CCP that play under different characters...Just saying

You really are obsessed with the word gay, and we know what that means. See you out and about in 5 years.

The Logi
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-11-28 19:08:09 UTC
CCP is testing new state of the art Douche Detecting technology. Anytime the client detects douchbaggery it closes the client, and your doucheness is off the charts.

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-11-28 19:12:01 UTC
Last time this happened to me I was in warp to a gate. When I logged back in my buddies had tackled a Providence, which I got top damage and the killing shot on. \o/

CCP has no sense of humour.

CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 - 2012-11-28 19:26:48 UTC
Need I explain why I locked this thread?

No?

Didn't think so.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents