These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Newbie BP copier needs help

Author
Cyprus Amaro
Tortuga Coalition 102
#1 - 2012-11-28 01:07:59 UTC
Hey folks,

Wanting to try something different, I've setup a simple research and production POS. My intent was to research, then copy some basic BPs for sale. While I understand the regular market, the Contracts market for BPCs has me confused.

I'd love some advice or opinions....

What BPCs should a newbie look at?
What is the best way to actually sell the BPC's once made?
What attributes are desired by the buyers (runs, ME/PE)?

Finally, if anyone wants a no hassle supply of Caldari Fuel Block or T1 Scourge Heavy Missile BPCs, hit me up.

Federally
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-11-28 01:11:41 UTC
Should probably go into invention instead. I just don't see much money in T1 BPCs
Cyprus Amaro
Tortuga Coalition 102
#3 - 2012-11-28 01:13:54 UTC
Federally wrote:
Should probably go into invention instead. I just don't see much money in T1 BPCs

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I imagine that most inventors are already producing their own BPCs they are using for their invention instead of buying them. WH corps likely are using T2 BPCs to produce their ammo in their WH POS as well.
Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-11-28 02:18:42 UTC
Most bpc's will be used for invention, so ME/PE dosen't matter, only the number of runs.

Useful BPC's are anything you would bring into a WH and null (any bpo's that are expensive and you don't want to lose). That and BPC's of BPO's that have high ME/PC of expensive BPO's that take forever to research.

The problem with invention though is a large portion of the cost of manufacturing is making the T2 BPC's themselves, even with perfect skills (like 55 days training for specific racial item types), so its generally better to use them yourself, otherwise people wont buy them for the cost you paid to make it.

Orca BPC sets, freighter BPC sets, really anything that requires several BPC's is a good source of isk.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-11-28 02:27:48 UTC
Styth spiting wrote:
Orca BPC sets, freighter BPC sets, really anything that requires several BPC's is a good source of isk.

Basically these BPs. Maybe Battleships or Mining Barges. I bought a bit of Covetor to make Hulks once. But the start up cost of those are pretty high, hence why I bought the copies. Smile

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder