These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

No more empty slots!

Author
Panchatantra
Bunnie Slayers
#1 - 2012-11-27 10:52:00 UTC
Ever stared at that empty high slot on your frig that nothing will ever fit into?

Annoying? Yes.. !

make cargo and ship scanners high slots!
-or add some more trivial modules with very low cost....

Mascha Tzash
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-11-27 11:00:44 UTC
May I make a wish for the following?
- Disco Balls
- Bobble Head Figures
- Holoprojectors for Advertisments
- Speakers!
- Shiny Fins!
- A police style blue light bar with sirens and search lights
- Confetti mortar

On a serious note:
Why should every fitting need to use every slot?
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#3 - 2012-11-27 11:03:25 UTC
Mascha Tzash wrote:
- Disco Balls
- Bobble Head Figures
- Speakers!
- Shiny Fins!
- Confetti mortar

On a serious note:
Why should every fitting need to use every slot?

Fluffy Dice!
Panchatantra
Bunnie Slayers
#4 - 2012-11-27 11:42:48 UTC
Of course there is no clear cut motivation to make "every fitting use every slot"

BUT

for some reason ALL of my frigate sized ships are missing a high slot item :) , T2 and faction alike

And I do have my fittings deemed acceptable and mostly cookie cut- don't tell me it is just me experiencing this.

Also, empty slots make baby Jesus cry!
Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#5 - 2012-11-27 13:08:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakan MacTrew
So why aren't you putting an offline salvager in there to act as a heatsink when you overheat your guns/missiles?
Mirima Thurander
#6 - 2012-11-27 13:33:41 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
So why aren't you putting an offline salvager I'm there to act as a heatsink when you overheat your guns/missiles?

Patch it now CCP.

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#7 - 2012-11-27 14:16:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakan MacTrew
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
So why aren't you putting an offline salvager I'm there to act as a heatsink when you overheat your guns/missiles?

Patch it now CCP.

I corrected the wording in my post, (stupid auto correction on stupid phone...)

Anyway, what do you want patched? Do you want this very useful mechanic stopped? I know I don't, not to mention a huge part of the PvP community.
DJ P0N-3
Table Flippendeavors
#8 - 2012-11-27 15:05:00 UTC
Mascha Tzash wrote:
- Disco Balls
- Bobble Head Figures
- Speakers!
- Shiny Fins!
- Confetti mortar

Disco balls + lasers = best rave ever.
blake fallout
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-11-27 15:15:43 UTC  |  Edited by: blake fallout
Speech Bubbles Blink Can you Imagine the carnage LMAO.
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#10 - 2012-11-27 16:34:44 UTC
Or you could maybe, I dunno, boost PG/CPU of frigates that wind up with empty slots so they can actually FIT THINGS THAT MATTER there?
Solutio Letum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-11-27 17:18:29 UTC
i got an idea... make a really low cost modules passive, its like a sponge, it sucks up to heat and makes your modules last longer on overheat, there should also be a active one that sucks up more heat and costs more PWG and CPU
and should be able to be fitted on highs, meds, lows, maybe make 3 different modules?.. idk, but it would be a nice idea to fill up a empty spots
Panchatantra
Bunnie Slayers
#12 - 2012-11-27 17:30:00 UTC
Making ship scanner high slot is something I would support even if I had more grid. I would use them more often
Panchatantra
Bunnie Slayers
#13 - 2012-11-27 17:57:22 UTC
Solutio Letum wrote:
i got an idea... make a really low cost modules passive, its like a sponge, it sucks up to heat and makes your modules last longer on overheat, there should also be a active one that sucks up more heat and costs more PWG and CPU
and should be able to be fitted on highs, meds, lows, maybe make 3 different modules?.. idk, but it would be a nice idea to fill up a empty spots

Yeah.. sounds like an idea.. adds 10-15% more durability:

Or how about this! A masking device... that scrambles your ship type to be undetectable on overview.. like a faint cloaking device :)
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#14 - 2012-11-27 19:38:18 UTC

First.... you should very, very rarely have empty highslots.

Modules to put in a left over utility high:
1.) Energy Neutralizers: Useful in PvP. Small energy neutralizers do an excellent job of keeping frigates cap dry (when they run out of cap). Medium and Large Neut's quickly cap out "smaller" ships, and a cap dead ship is a lot easier to kill.

2.) Nosferatu's: Very useful in PvP. A small NOS can keep your ewar modules and even guns running when under major cap pressure. In extended fights, it can also help maintain a certain level of your active tank, which is often very important.

3.) Auto-targeters: These are extremely easy to fit (1 PG, 1 CPU) and come with a nice bonus: They add +2 targets to your maximum number of targets. This is extremely useful for EWAR ships, in which guns are of low utility. They can also be used to quickly lock drones, but very few people use the "auto-target" ability of the auto-targeter.

Making Ship & Cargo Scanners a highslot isn't necessarily a bad idea... but I'm not sure it's needed. I like their dichotomy against EWAR, making them moderately rare to find. Besides, you can often estimate how a ship is fit based on their speed, and you can visually determine their weapon systems.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#15 - 2012-11-27 20:45:25 UTC
i liked the weaker high slot TP idea.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#16 - 2012-11-27 20:50:22 UTC
I have been looking through my fits. It is seriously rare for me to have an empty high slot, specially in a PvP fit. I just don't see what the OP's actuall issue is.

Does anyone here feel that they have an issue filling any left over slots in a fit? (Aside from the OP...)
Bobo Cindekela
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-11-28 12:22:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobo Cindekela
if you cant fit your highs then you skills suck or you are fitting your rigs and lows and implants incorrectly

all problems you can remedy without ccp's assistance.

You are about to engage in an arguement with a forum alt,  this is your final warning.