These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dec Shield - End of the Second Era

First post First post
Author
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#421 - 2012-11-25 22:50:46 UTC
Boring and useless discussion..... We know what we are and what we do. Not in the mood to explain you further why how etc... P

Let's get back on topic how great Dec Shield has been for high sec fun the last few months Lol

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Reppyk
The Black Shell
#422 - 2012-11-26 09:38:36 UTC
Confirming that Tora is getting kills in my shower, my room and my bed. And even elsewhere.

Can we have a k/d or iskwar topic now please ?

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Kira Vanachura
Green Visstick High
#423 - 2012-11-26 21:46:50 UTC
One of my other character's alliances got wardecced. Can a corp in that alliance drop the alliance and pass the wardec to you guys or is that not possible?
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#424 - 2012-11-26 22:22:12 UTC
Kira Vanachura wrote:
One of my other character's alliances got wardecced. Can a corp in that alliance drop the alliance and pass the wardec to you guys or is that not possible?

Yes that's very possible. That's what we've been using our ambassador corps for. If you'd like I could send an ambassador corp to join the alliance and bring it over myself. That way you don't need to do any work but hit accept on the application
ZaBob
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#425 - 2012-11-26 22:22:17 UTC
Shylari Avada wrote:
ZaBob wrote:
Oh, you think your WT's are obligated to make themselves available to you in locations of your choice?

Typical FAIL.

Just go shopping for them in Jita, because other systems are dangerous and stuff.

Also- Fail isn't a noun, and should never be used as such.

Oh, wow, just wow.

You might want to consider consulting a dictionary before you take it upon yourself to try to dictate how people use the English language.

You might also want to consider not telling people what their goals should be in the game, or what people should look for in a mercenary.

Just for your edification -- fail, as a noun used to denote a failure to achieve a standard, has gone in and out of fashion. It was formerly marked as obsolete in the OED, but was reinstated as current in 1993, long before the current internet meme.
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#426 - 2012-12-01 21:54:20 UTC
So RvB - RED Federation has just disbanded (3000 players), and we just stole their alliance name so they can't reform. If only there were some mechanic in place to prevent these alliances from being permanently trapped in wars. I'm not even sure they can reform into a new alliance because they're still stuck in outgoing wars.
Isana Tori
Doomheim
#427 - 2012-12-01 23:05:49 UTC
But I thought Dec Shield couldn't do anything! Have I been lied to by high sec "warriors" who didn't understand what was going on? Shocked
Shylari Avada
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#428 - 2012-12-01 23:43:58 UTC
Today (or sometime soon) marks the birth of RvB - Red Federationdot
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#429 - 2012-12-02 11:34:17 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
So RvB - RED Federation has just disbanded (3000 players), and we just stole their alliance name so they can't reform. If only there were some mechanic in place to prevent these alliances from being permanently trapped in wars. I'm not even sure they can reform into a new alliance because they're still stuck in outgoing wars.

They could've just waited another week.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#430 - 2012-12-02 11:46:30 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:

They could've just waited another week.

I can't agree with your signature more.

no more games... it's real this time!!!

Professor Clio
Apocalypse Lancers
#431 - 2012-12-02 16:40:12 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:

Red disbanded because for some reason the alliance bill went unpaid (either by mistake or bug, we don't know). Trust me we dont care about all these wars, in fact we welcome them. You do know what we're about right? Constant pvp?

Also we'd have disbanded blue too if we had disbanded because of you. You really have an over-inflated sense of ego.
Kyle Yanowski
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#432 - 2012-12-02 16:55:25 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:

This guy wants a cookie... someone give him a cookie.

I'm going back to blowing things up....

Host of the High Drag Eve Online Podcast ( http://highdrag.wordpress.com). Director of Aideron Robotics.

Connall Tara
State War Academy
Caldari State
#433 - 2012-12-02 17:02:46 UTC
Confirming that Red alliance has not disbanded due to decshield. pretty adorable that they think that though ^_^

it appears for some reason the maintainance bill didn't get paid despite iskies being in the wallet, we're petitioning accordingly and should be resuming normal servic- wait? oh right we're still all murdering eachother for giggles thanks to the borked wardec mechanics, ach well ^^

seriously though, claiming an RVB side disbanded because of decshield? so cute ^_^

Naomi Knight - "You must be CCP Rise alt , that would explain everything"

Catalyst XI
Catalytic Holdings
#434 - 2012-12-02 17:24:34 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:

god dammit, all that sov we grinded, gone.

What i am suppose to do now? go back to shooting highsec scrubs? i feel so lost.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#435 - 2012-12-02 17:37:47 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:

Sorry. I cant hear you for all the frigs popping in poinen. Did you say anything important?

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Shylari Avada
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#436 - 2012-12-03 00:35:52 UTC
Connall Tara wrote:
seriously though, claiming an RVB side disbanded because of decshield? so cute ^_^

You're reading comprehension is terrible, they didn't take credit for disbanding your alliance, they took credit for stealing the name.
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#437 - 2012-12-03 16:54:42 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:

Sorry. I cant hear you for all the frigs popping in poinen. Did you say anything important?

b/c you're a 3 system hopping gate hugging solo pvp artist?

no more games... it's real this time!!!

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#438 - 2012-12-03 22:08:32 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:

Please go on and repeat it 1000 times in your head, maybe you will start to believe yourself.

As NONE of the rest of the EVE playerbase does.

Everybody in EVE knows that RvB-R disbanded cause they screwed something up:

Didn't want to pay that alliance upkeep bill to CONCORD...

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Miko Jin
HELVEGEN
#439 - 2012-12-03 23:26:24 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:

Please go on and repeat it 1000 times in your head, maybe you will start to believe yourself.

As NONE of the rest of the EVE playerbase does.

Everybody in EVE knows that RvB-R disbanded cause they screwed something up:

Didn't want to pay that alliance upkeep bill to CONCORD...

But the mechanics put the final nail in the coffin?
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#440 - 2012-12-04 00:27:18 UTC
So a week ago I ran a test by dropping a corp out of Dec Shield, and setting all their wars to unmutual so I could measure when they would end. I dropped the corp out at 03:07 the 26th Eve time. This is the result of when the wars dropped off:

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/1212/Dec_Shield_Wars.jpg

You'll find it interesting that it took anywhere from 7 days + 34mins, to 7 days + 169mins for them to start retraction. The top three wars in that list were from different circumstances, so you can ignore them.

But this test case proves that a corp dropped from alliance with unmutual wars will preserve their war for 7 days + change. This is strong experimental evidence the new exploit will work to keep everyone trapped.