These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EVE SURVIVAL

First post
Author
mavrick1
waistland prospecters
#1 - 2011-10-21 06:24:35 UTC
hey all i just found this today it is a book that guides you though pvp and breaking gate camps and other things.... and i got it on my kindle

but who else knew this book was out for the game and i have found a couple of novels based off eve too for my kindle and if you want to know where i got it from or how to get it just hit me up here or in game and i will tell you ok it is a good read if you want to learn how to stay alive in null sec or low sec

under the radar is where i fly i make my isk like very one

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2011-10-21 06:37:10 UTC
Zymurgist would have locked this thread by now Cry

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

mavrick1
waistland prospecters
#3 - 2011-10-21 06:38:59 UTC
the night is still young

a lot can still happen for the sun is still on the other side of the earth

mavrick1
waistland prospecters
#4 - 2011-10-21 06:43:39 UTC
i was just talking about a book i found that is a guide to eve

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#5 - 2011-10-21 06:50:11 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Have you read ISK the guide?
mavrick1
waistland prospecters
#6 - 2011-10-21 06:55:26 UTC

no but i will see if i can find it where would i find it

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#7 - 2011-10-21 06:56:56 UTC
Naran Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2011-10-21 07:54:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Naran Eto
To answer the OP, yes pretty much everybody who's played more thena year or so knows about eve survival, it's not new, it is a good guide though a little dated now (unless they have updated it recently), ISK the Guide is a better guide altough less specific.

As to the punctuation "issue", the guys above may be a little blunt about it but they do have a valid point, at least try to structure your sentances, believe me you will get flamed alot less if you do.

The EVE crowd are a grumpy bunch and have miniscual attention spans so if you don't bereak down your text they get bored and enter auto-flame mode.

The best way to insult anyone her eis to hide it in a wall of unpunctuated text, the troll's will never be able to get far wnough through the etxt to realise they've been insulted Lol
Naran Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-10-21 07:57:38 UTC
P.S: What's the kindle like? Any good? I always wanted to try one out but was a bit put off at paying that amount of money for what was effectively just a simple e-book reader, they really should make them cheaper.
Orion Guardian
#10 - 2011-10-21 08:04:06 UTC
I normally do not criticize other peoples spelling or grammer because I am not without fault there myself. But using no punctiation AT ALL makes a text very difficult to understand.

I will give an example where a comma is really important:

Quote:
I am not sure if this story is true or not, but it illustrates the
power of commas. Czarina Maria Fyodorovna once saved
the life of a man by transposing a single comma in a war-
rant signed by her husband, Alexander III, which exiled a
criminal to imprisonment and death in Siberia. On the bot-
tom of the warrant the czar had written:

“Pardon impossible, to be sent to Siberia.”

Maria Fyodorovna changed the punctuation so that her
husband’s instructions read:

“Pardon, impossible to be sent to Siberia.” The criminal
was set free.
CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2011-10-21 08:04:37 UTC
Andski wrote:

I'd rather try and salvage it. Besides, I overslept. Oops

mavrick1: I would definitely recommend the ISK Guide (available both as a free PDF download and an actual book at the EVE Store). It is frequently updated and while its size may be a little daunting (over 400 pages IIRC), it is the most comprehensive guide to the game that I know of.

There are indeed two EVE novels (The Empyrean Age and The Burning Life). Both are quite a good read. Smile

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

mavrick1
waistland prospecters
#12 - 2011-10-21 08:07:21 UTC
Naran Eto wrote:
P.S: What's the kindle like? Any good? I always wanted to try one out but was a bit put off at paying that amount of money for what was effectively just a simple e-book reader, they really should make them cheaper.

well i like it for my text books and the price i paid for mine was about 80 bucks and you buy the books and it has wireless internet and a web browser too i like it and it is handy

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2011-10-21 08:09:57 UTC
Naran Eto wrote:

My wife just bought herself one (the old model with a keyboard) and she loves it. I haven't had any experience with other e-book readers so can't really say where the differences lie (well, apart from the integration with the Kindle Store).

But let's not derail this thread further. Smile

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Jooce McNasty
Islefive Consulting
#14 - 2011-10-21 08:11:40 UTC
Naran Eto wrote:

I have a Ipad 2 and I want a Kindle. The non backlit screen makes reading alot easier then trying to read books on an Ipad.

The size is just right for taking it everywhere and the selection that you can get on it cannot be beat. I have a buddy who I play eve with who lives by it, and swears by how amazing it is.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#15 - 2011-10-21 08:59:23 UTC
On the topic of eve books, when I first joined EVE, was bombarded it seemed. By a billionare in EVE who wrote a book and a site has alot of those entries in it. Was wondering if anyone has read that, as well if its any good, and then who is that dude?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#16 - 2011-10-21 09:00:01 UTC
Andski wrote:

Sad

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Reeno Coleman
#17 - 2011-10-21 09:35:31 UTC
Naran Eto wrote:

I love my Kindle, can only recommend it. Reading in the sun is totally possible and there's no wear off. Only problem in Europe is that ebook prices are artificially inflated by law. (Yeh yeh protect the poor book vendors)

It is rumored by the way that in the long term Amazon will give away free reading devices in some form of subscription model. But that is not for certain.

The new model without the keyboard looks really nice, it's even faster and lighter than my old one.
Zoe Alarhun
The Proactive Reappropriation Corporation
#18 - 2011-10-21 11:22:57 UTC
Naran Eto wrote:

I've got a Kindle 3 - Dear gods it is sooooo awesome for reading books. Bring on the winter storms while I snuggle up for hours on end with delicious delicious E-books.
Apollo Gabriel
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan
#19 - 2011-10-21 13:01:13 UTC
I guess everyone has a twin ...
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Josie Starshine
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2011-10-21 13:21:20 UTC
I just pre-ordered three of the up and coming Kindle Fires as Xmas gifts. One for me of course. Looking forward to it.
12Next page