These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New destroyer BPOs

First post
Author
Herr Hammer Draken
#21 - 2012-11-25 04:45:01 UTC
Teebling wrote:
Herr Hammer Draken wrote:
I believe the new ore mining frigate skill book will be seeded into the tutorials for free.
So will the new racial destroyer skill book.

And a 3 run bpc for the new ore frigate miner.

There are a few mining missions to run in the tutorials which will require the use of a mining ship.
And all the racial miners are being removed. So something has to be there to replace the racial miners.

So if every newbie can get at least one 3 run bpc and up to (twelve?) 3 run bpc's for the new ore miner, then why would there be a huge demand in Jita for the bpo?

I supose just to have the bpo for the guy that has to have one of everything.

What's your source for the BPCs/skill books being given to new players? Screenshot?

I would not be the Amarr oracle if I gave you all of my sources now would I.
Some things must remain a trade secret.

So you either take what I said on faith or not. But you are not Amarr so you have no faith lol.

Herr Hammer Draken "The Amarr Prophet"

Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-11-25 05:13:42 UTC
Teebling wrote:
I believe the new ore mining frigate skill book will be seeded into the tutorials for free.

There are a few mining missions to run in the tutorials which will require the use of a mining ship.
And all the racial miners are being removed. So something has to be there to replace the racial miners.

So if every newbie can get at least one 3 run bpc and up to (twelve?) 3 run bpc's for the new ore miner, then why would there be a huge demand in Jita for the bpo?

What's your source for the BPCs/skill books being given to new players? Screenshot?

I would not be the Amarr oracle if I gave you all of my sources now would I.
Some things must remain a trade secret.

So you either take what I said on faith or not. But you are not Amarr so you have no faith lol.

Oh ok, so you don't have a source.
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-11-25 05:59:14 UTC
Hes referring to the tutorial missions which give currently, a three run bpc for the racial mining frigate (building one mining frigate for a mission) , the destroyer skillbook and a destroyer If my memory serves me correctly.

doing the tutorial missions for the other empires will net 12 runs of mining frigate.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#24 - 2012-11-25 13:10:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor

Why would theyy even give them the ability to make THREE ?

Your fantasies are not very convincing at all.

Edit: OK, I had forgotten they can currently make three of the racial (been awhile), but this ship seems to be of a different order.

We won't know anything until Dec 4, AT ALL, unless CCP Dev Blogs about it.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#25 - 2012-11-25 17:31:43 UTC
Arguments without anything more than speculative evidence on each side aren't really fun or productive. If/when CCP puts the new tutorial on SiSi (or Duality, Buckingham, or whatever), someone could go check if ORE frigate BPCs are given to newbies, and where the BPOs are seeded after that. You might even get some hard answers by asking the folks in the Test Server Feedback forum to go check it.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

GreenSeed
#26 - 2012-11-26 01:23:48 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Considering what's been said about the starter missions, I can see the BPCs for the ore frigates being pretty common. As in, each player can get 12 as easy mission rewards (The career agent missions where you'd get the racial mining frigate).

This is not a racial mining frigate any more than the Noctis was a racial Salvageing Ship.

all racial miners are being removed with patch, you really think CCP will leave the first mining ship every newbie gets to be speculated on?

no, not gonna happen, those frigs will be rewards from missions, just like every newb gets their current mining frig.

hopefully they will get it at the end of the 10 mission training instead of the current iteron, wich IMHO gives the wrong idea that they should use the iteron to mine. (!) Lol or better yet, they should get a BPC and manufacture the damn thing outta it.

bpos will be seeded ofc, but they shouldn't be harder to get than the current bpos for frigs.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#27 - 2012-11-26 04:12:17 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Considering what's been said about the starter missions, I can see the BPCs for the ore frigates being pretty common. As in, each player can get 12 as easy mission rewards (The career agent missions where you'd get the racial mining frigate).

This is not a racial mining frigate any more than the Noctis was a racial Salvageing Ship.

all racial miners are being removed with patch, you really think CCP will leave the first mining ship every newbie gets to be speculated on?

no, not gonna happen, those frigs will be rewards from missions, just like every newb gets their current mining frig.

hopefully they will get it at the end of the 10 mission training instead of the current iteron, wich IMHO gives the wrong idea that they should use the iteron to mine. (!) Lol or better yet, they should get a BPC and manufacture the damn thing outta it.

bpos will be seeded ofc, but they shouldn't be harder to get than the current bpos for frigs.

Of course they could tell them to just use any danged frigate.

Why think so hard? We won't know a thing until a Dev Blog or December 4. Can you not read post 25 ? You are approaching troll.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Herr Hammer Draken
#28 - 2012-11-27 11:31:48 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

Why think so hard? We won't know a thing until a Dev Blog or December 4. Can you not read post 25 ? You are approaching troll.

You do not read the dev blogs much do you? The info you seek has already been posted in the forums. I am mearly passing it on to you. And no I will not give you the source. Find it yourself. Some of us know what is going to happen.

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-11-27 12:35:42 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

You do not read the dev blogs much do you? The info you seek has already been posted in the forums. I am mearly passing it on to you. And no I will not give you the source. Find it yourself. Some of us know what is going to happen.

I heard forums like this are a good place to share information. Crazy concept I know.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Herr Hammer Draken
#30 - 2012-11-27 13:30:30 UTC
Zifrian wrote:

I heard forums like this are a good place to share information. Crazy concept I know.

I already did share see my post #19 in this thread. Crazy right!

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-11-27 13:44:28 UTC
Zifrian wrote:

I already did share see my post #19 in this thread. Crazy right!

The whole reason for this back and forth is that you did not supply a source of that information in post #19. Then above you say the information is out there but imply we are all too stupid to find it. So where did you read the details on the information in question? You keep posting here so you must want to tell us. You did not provide the link to it in your previous posts and as I said, forums are for sharing information usually...so link?

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#32 - 2012-11-27 15:18:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Cura Ursus
frigs to be given out in tutorial - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1953072#post1953072

Dev blog post regarding new Frigate: http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=72890

Since it is an ORE frig the BPO's will only be seeded in Cloud Ring, as can be seen on the test server.

The logic here is that the skill book will be required to use this ship, therefore if it is the newbie mining ship the must get the skillbook too, cause you can't expect a newb to make a run out to null sec to ORE space for the skill.

That is at least what I have found as far as references go.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-11-27 15:54:12 UTC
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:
frigs to be given out in tutorial - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1953072#post1953072

Dev blog post regarding new Frigate: http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=72890

Since it is an ORE frig the BPO's will only be seeded in Cloud Ring, as can be seen on the test server.

The logic here is that the skill book will be required to use this ship, therefore if it is the newbie mining ship the must get the skillbook too, cause you can't expect a newb to make a run out to null sec to ORE space for the skill.

That is at least what I have found as far as references go.

Thanks. In the top thread, confirmed the bpo seeded in cloud ring: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=156057&p=16

Previous page12