These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Inventory Improvements

First post
Author
Tiregn
Anvil Capital Trading
#161 - 2012-11-23 03:42:41 UTC
Can you please, PLEASE make the Trade window persist where I leave it. Opening up in the middle of the screen every time is irksome.

If this is one of those windows that falls under the 'all windows persist where you left them' train, then thank you!
Maabuss
Exiles of Chaos
Balcora Gatekeepers
#162 - 2012-11-23 03:59:55 UTC
I want my Items/Ships list back. I >HATE< the inventory. It is bulky, irritating to use, does not open the windows in the correct place where I've told it to before, and it is generally unpleasant.
Pierced Brosmen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2012-11-23 07:24:34 UTC
Olga Ivanovna wrote:
CCP Optimal wrote:
The new Active ship cargo window will take care of 2), but 1) is a good suggestion and I'll look into it personally.

This is great news!!

But one thing still wonders me... as I remember it, 1) actually worked long ago, but disappeared in an earlier version long before uni.inv. Possibly it was with Incarna (?) you did some fixes with the windows and this feature ceased to function... don't you have any documentation of current functionality so you can do regression tests when updating?

That's true. The cargohold window persisted between log-ins long ago. I don't remember exactly when it changed but I believe it happened around the release of Quantum Rise (I'm pretty sure it was before Apocrypha).
Unkind Omen
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#164 - 2012-11-23 09:38:41 UTC
Hi, devs. Nice improvements here.

However a friend of mine asked me if there will ever be a way to multi sell junk on stations? Nowadays it takes lots of time to filter junk one will get from looting rats.

As I think of his idea now I also have tonns of junk splitted in stacks of 2-10 items per type which would be of better use on the market. And I'm not going to sell any of that atm, because those several hundred millions of isk just does not worth the time invested in selling.

Here are two ways of doing that:

1) Just select bunch of stuff and use "sell all at best price". This should sell every selected packaged item to the topmost avaliable buy order. However the prices may suddenly drop down and people will end selling stuff for cheap.

2) Better way. Create a "sell all" button in the inventory and flash a window that will contain check list of wares one have in the inventory, their amount, buy prices with deviation from regional average, profit per line, total profit. In fact it would be even better to make stuff checked if it was previously selected in the inventory.
Logicycle
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#165 - 2012-11-24 00:02:27 UTC
This Inventory update is the crown jewel of Retribution.

Iv'e been waiting since May for this.

Can we get a root button for "Active Ship Drone Bay" to drag into the neocom at some point?

That would be super slick. On Duality --> If we drag the drone bay from the active ship to the neocom it creates a button that only opens the drone bay of that specific ship, not any active ship. Sad

Also, will we ever see corp hanger tabs again?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#166 - 2012-11-24 00:08:11 UTC
Logicycle wrote:
This Inventory update is the crown jewel of Retribution.

Iv'e been waiting since May for this.

Can we get a root button for "Active Ship Drone Bay" to drag into the neocom at some point?

That would be super slick. On Duality --> If we drag the drone bay from the active ship to the neocom it creates a button that only opens the drone bay of that specific ship, not any active ship. Sad

Also, will we ever see corp hanger tabs again?

I would bug report the active ship drone bay being one ship linked onlyTwisted

With fleet hangers coming I do not see corp hanger tabs being link able in the neocom.

Would add your wishes to the new lille things thread however.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Logicycle
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#167 - 2012-11-24 00:15:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Logicycle
Salpun wrote:

I would bug report the active ship drone bay being one ship linked onlyTwisted (Troublemaker!!)

With fleet hangers coming I do not see corp hanger tabs being link able in the neocom.

((I wasn't asking for specific corp hangers to be linkable in the neocom, more of an option to view the corp hangers in a single window with seven tabs. We will still have to navigate the corp hangers through the tree.))

Like if we could drag each one of the 7 corp hangers into seperate windows and then stack them into a tabbed view that the client remembers.....total win.
Salpun
#168 - 2012-11-24 00:25:26 UTC
Just tested it on Bucky. Fleet hangers, drone bays, and drone bays are linked to ship specific windows. There is also no short cuts in the neocom inventory list for those bays.

Adding those would be a nice touch.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

Salpun
#169 - 2012-11-24 00:26:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Logicycle wrote:
Salpun wrote:

I would bug report the active ship drone bay being one ship linked onlyTwisted (Troublemaker!!)

((I wasn't asking for specific corp hangers to be linkable in the neocom, more of an option to view the corp hangers in a single window with seven tabs. We will still have to navigate the corp hangers through the tree.))

Like if we could drag each one of the 7 corp hangers into seperate windows and then stack them into a tabbed view that the client remembers.....total win.

you should be able to do that after the 4th if not bug report it.
you mean each tab no that I think is not likely to happen. people are hating on the loss of tabs in the fleet hangers. the containers in a fleet hanger will be able to stack the way you want.

Bob Bedala
#170 - 2012-11-24 04:19:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Bob Bedala
I regularly curse the inventory because it is an obstacle where it matters most - in flight. Everything in the dev blog matters not one bit to me (performance aside) except this:

Quote:
if you don’t want the wreck window to open up in a random spot one of the neat things you can do is stack it once to your active ship’s cargo window and from then on it will always open stacked there. Then simply clicking on ‘Loot all’ in the same spot will always close it again and show you the content of your active ship's cargo hold again.

When salvaging tons of wrecks with a Noctis the inventory pain reaches maximum. I don't want to stack it to the cargo window, I want it left where I put it - in a new window, no tree, and close to the overview "open wrecks" button so the Loot All button is a very small distance away to salvage as fast as possible. Sometimes this sticks, sometimes it doesn't, and I cannot spot why not.

I also (ideally) want the same for containers, but in a different position -- for jetcanning on mining ops. This was all possible with the old system. In a nutshell;

• docked, current ship's cargo, wrecks (and pref cans) all need separate distinct states that don't keep overriding each other (this seems to happen more when using a new ship, or is it me? it also seems to happen semi-randomly). Different positions, sizes and tree/no tree (i only have the tree open when docked)

• when docked the inventory window, with the expanded tree, is ace but it needs to close when undocking and not try to show the ships cargo. and when redocking it needs to reappear in the same state

When I am salvaging, hauling or mining, I always have a no-tree inv window in the bottom left showing cargo or ore bay.
When I open a wreck, I want it in the same place as last time in a new window with no tree.
Same for cans.
I don't want them affecting each other in any way.

The old system was simple, took up less screen real estate, and was more performant.

Furoth
Black Avarice
Skeletons in the Closet
#171 - 2012-11-24 16:15:17 UTC
Persistent windows alone is reason enough to dance, the rest is icing on the cake.

Can't thank you enough.
Maul555
Xen Investments
#172 - 2012-11-26 03:20:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Maul555
If all of this is true, then you have addressed all of my major and minor complaints about the Unified Inventory. Thank you for giving me a way to go back to the way things where, and not fumble about with shift clicking... I shall be employing compact mode ^^

hell, some of these changes are so good that I might actually start using the tree now because I want to, and not because I have to.
DeathCloud Crendraven
Doomheim
#173 - 2012-11-26 08:21:35 UTC
Those acces restriction feedback are really nice but I'm colourblind and the difference between no access and limited acess is visually inexistant to me. Could you make one of them like yellow or something?(It's not about being pretty, it's about being identifiable)

P.S.: I'm sure I am not the only one in this situation ;)
Panhead4411
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#174 - 2012-11-26 13:33:14 UTC
Haifisch Zahne wrote:
Some may remember that CCP did actually involve in the Eve Community to test the new Inventory *BEFORE* they released it. There was ample time to look at it. Indeed, many wrote reams and reams about just how horrid it was.

And, to what purpose? Several months later we thank them because they pulled the wool over our eyes and say that *now* they have begun a brand new policy of highly rigorous user testing.

"How quickly we forget."

This. And if i'm not mistaken, most of these 'features' that they are suddenly implementing were asked for in the first week of that testing...and were subsequently ignored by the very arrogant Dev's. Then after they "honestly thought they were ready" they promised those "weekly fixes" that culminated into a couple small hotfixes over the next month. Then there was nearly two months of complete silence and disregard for any Inventory updates. Then a small token fix in August, at which point we were told more would be coming in winter..maybe.

Although i can no longer rag on how crappy the Inventory is (as this will restore it to nearly the same functionality as before), i will still point out that CCP in view of this entire debacle has yet to truly learn their lesson. Even after the big PR speech apologizing for not listening to customers (and a re-commitment to do so)...they still managed to release this despite an INSANE amount of users telling them it was not ready. Simply put, they likely still suffer from the same arrogance that caused the great subs depression known as incarna.

The wool has not been pulled over my eyes, and frankly, i've even stopped really trying to give indepth feedback because CCP has shown in the recent past to not care how much effort i (or others) have put into testing their product and giving them good hard honest feedback, they are the Dev's and they know best...like when to 'not believe' what their customers are telling them.

http://blog.beyondreality.se/shift-click-does-nothing    < Unified Inventory is NOT ready...

Maul555
Xen Investments
#175 - 2012-11-26 14:59:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Maul555
DeathCloud Crendraven wrote:
Those acces restriction feedback are really nice but I'm colourblind and the difference between no access and limited acess is visually inexistant to me. Could you make one of them like yellow or something?(It's not about being pretty, it's about being identifiable)

P.S.: I'm sure I am not the only one in this situation ;)

Actualy one Is yellow, and the other is red ^^. It would be interesting to see out of your eyes for a day ^^...

Maybe if CCP could use something like these icons instead?:

Icons Picture

a green circle for full access, a yellow circle with a slash for restricted access, a red circle with an X for no access, but can put stuff in, and a black box with an X for no access at all....
Lyric Lahnder
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#176 - 2012-11-26 19:17:44 UTC
Maabuss wrote:
I want my Items/Ships list back. I >HATE< the inventory. It is bulky, irritating to use, does not open the windows in the correct place where I've told it to before, and it is generally unpleasant.

Are you sure were all looking at the same inventory window?

Regardless of that,

You asked, CCP Delivered. Well done lads.

Noir. and Noir Academy are recruiting apply at www.noirmercs.com I Noir Academy: 60 days old must be able to fly at least one tech II frigate. I Noir. Recruits: 4:1 k/d ratio and can fly tech II cruisers.

Sassums
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#177 - 2012-11-26 20:10:05 UTC
These updates look all fine and dandy, but when is CCP going to look at POS Permissions/Corp Permissions? This issue is one that plagues those of us that reside in wormhole space.

When will CCP fix SMA access and put it more in line with that of a CHA so that members can have their own slots to store ships?

When will we be able to assign individual slots in individual CHA's? If I grant someone access to Low Slot 1, it gives them access to low slot 1 in every CHA with the same permission tree (corp, starbase fuel tech, and config starbase). This is simply unacceptable and needs to be fixed. That gives us 3 steps of security, with the final step allowing members to online/offline structures.

CCP needs to wake up and fix this unacceptable feature. Corps are plagued with thieves and stop recruiting because it is simply just too risky to try and bring in new members.

This has been brought up time and time again and not once has it been acknowledged that it is something that is being looked into.

Yes members in your POS is all about trust, but that will only get you so far.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#178 - 2012-11-26 20:26:55 UTC
Sassums wrote:
These updates look all fine and dandy, but when is CCP going to look at POS Permissions/Corp Permissions? This issue is one that plagues those of us that reside in wormhole space.

When will CCP fix SMA access and put it more in line with that of a CHA so that members can have their own slots to store ships?

When will we be able to assign individual slots in individual CHA's? If I grant someone access to Low Slot 1, it gives them access to low slot 1 in every CHA with the same permission tree (corp, starbase fuel tech, and config starbase). This is simply unacceptable and needs to be fixed. That gives us 3 steps of security, with the final step allowing members to online/offline structures.

CCP needs to wake up and fix this unacceptable feature. Corps are plagued with thieves and stop recruiting because it is simply just too risky to try and bring in new members.

This has been brought up time and time again and not once has it been acknowledged that it is something that is being looked into.

Yes members in your POS is all about trust, but that will only get you so far.

Probably when they redo the pos system. Which should be sometime next year.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Sassums
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#179 - 2012-11-26 21:42:39 UTC
Sooner than later I hope.

With them taking a look at inventory, they should add a "slot" layout for SMA's much like they have for CHA's.
catallin
Bite Me inc
#180 - 2012-11-27 07:50:38 UTC
"You will also notice a set of ‘<<’ and ‘>>’ icons to the left of the View mode icons in the Inventory window. These are the Back and Forward buttons to move between the inventories in the order you selected them within the same window."

Finally Lol