These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Winter] Attack Cruisers

First post First post
Author
FistyMcBumBasher
State War Academy
Caldari State
#941 - 2012-11-23 14:09:24 UTC
Harvey James wrote:

That's nice to know as i expect the stabber will need a dronebay again at some point :)

I personally think the current stabber is fine. What it lacks in dps it more than makes up for in speed and with what it lacks in drones it makes up for by having a utility high.
Koujjo Dian
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#942 - 2012-11-23 14:52:36 UTC
Zyella Stormborn wrote:
Omen .....
5% bonus to Medium Energy Turret rate of fire, please, for the love of every pagan god change this to 5% bonus to medium Energy Turret damage.

My capacitor begs you. o.0

^ This ^

I'm not sure you can even get the thing cap stable with just the guns and a scram running.
Zyella Stormborn
Green Seekers
#943 - 2012-11-23 16:27:54 UTC
Pinky Denmark wrote:
Fit cap rigs if you want to be cap stable... You don't need it for anything but missions.
RoF makes the Omen stronger for the players able to balance their cap - It's a game and I find it fine for people to run out of cap and die if they don't play carefully. Good luck - I'll enjoy the Omen as it is...

Not being cap stable running everything overheated in pvp I get. Running weapons and a scram and nothing else putting you at under 2 minutes I do not. Its a game and I find some of it needs tweaks for people to have enough cap to be effective for more than 20 seconds against anything with a single neut, or not being able to fit the ship at all without a cap battery just to use its own systems for more than a minute or two.

Good luck-be sure to post some km's of you in your Omen as it is...

There is a special Hell for people like that, Right next to child molestors, and people that talk in the theater. ~Firefly

Cyanerd
Redamancy.
Fraternity.
#944 - 2012-11-23 17:57:16 UTC
Are the navy faction equivilants of these ships being left unchanged? Caracal Navy Issue for example.

You cannot cheat death, when your time has come.

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#945 - 2012-11-23 18:04:40 UTC
Cyanerd wrote:
Are the navy faction equivilants of these ships being left unchanged? Caracal Navy Issue for example.

The navy versions aren't being changed in Retribution, but they will be changed.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#946 - 2012-11-23 18:25:57 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Cyanerd wrote:

The navy versions aren't being changed in Retribution, but they will be changed.

when when!!!!!!! :)

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#947 - 2012-11-23 19:10:31 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Meldorn Vaash wrote:
Fozzie,

Are you still evaluating and tweaking ships at this point or have you locked everything down for Retribution's deployment? Your dev blog seems to suggest you're done for now.

At this point we're generally in bugfix and polish mode for Retri, although we do have lots of chances to tweak things in the new year if we see the need once they're all out in the wild.

This is more ships than we've ever rebalanced at once so we're going into it expecting that there will need to be some follow-up.

The number one thing CCP needs to make sure you don't do is do this rebalance wave and then think "Alright thats done, on to other stuff"

You WILL need to go back and take a look at the ships that are left behind such as the rifter...

And it would be nice if some amarr ships could be rebalanced to work without a fleet.. So far Amarr have been the big losers of this rebalance as the amarr ships have been the worst of the bunch in almost every single class.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Perihelion Olenard
#948 - 2012-11-23 22:10:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Perihelion Olenard
It may not seem that important, but I see the cargo hold on the thorax and other cruisers will be increased quite a bit. I guess that will allow for more cap boosters. Perhaps that's how CCP decided to deal with the cap stability of some of these cruisers?
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#949 - 2012-11-24 00:23:44 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Meldorn Vaash wrote:
Fozzie,

Are you still evaluating and tweaking ships at this point or have you locked everything down for Retribution's deployment? Your dev blog seems to suggest you're done for now.

At this point we're generally in bugfix and polish mode for Retri, although we do have lots of chances to tweak things in the new year if we see the need once they're all out in the wild.

This is more ships than we've ever rebalanced at once so we're going into it expecting that there will need to be some follow-up.

The number one thing CCP needs to make sure you don't do is do this rebalance wave and then think "Alright thats done, on to other stuff"

You WILL need to go back and take a look at the ships that are left behind such as the rifter...

And it would be nice if some amarr ships could be rebalanced to work without a fleet.. So far Amarr have been the big losers of this rebalance as the amarr ships have been the worst of the bunch in almost every single class.

I heard from a CCP blue post they have something in mind for the rifter still for this release? can a blue confirm?

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

T1nyMan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#950 - 2012-11-24 14:17:57 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Meldorn Vaash wrote:
Fozzie,

Those cocky rich bastards can afford their own balancing team :)
Ningishzida
Proxima Fleet Systems
#951 - 2012-11-24 18:44:24 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Meldorn Vaash wrote:
Fozzie,

That's nice to know as i expect the stabber will need a dronebay again at some point :)

After EFT warrior-ing most of the cruisers I fear giving the Stabber a droneday won't be enough to bring it up to par with f.e. the Thorax. It needs a dronebay, a 5th turret and more PG to actually make use of more than 4 highslots.
Vayn Baxtor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#952 - 2012-11-26 02:31:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Vayn Baxtor
There has to be some decent concept around it so it is not just some sort of a thorax clone. I am kind of confused over the concept if it is really to be a "Vagabond-Lite" or a special "Light Cruiser" of its own. Let's not forget that not having cap necessary for ACs is alredy an advantage.

Then again, all seems to lead to "Stabber not doing enough damage". I'd prefer more utility stuff like the Falloff range change - that change alone is already awesome. It makes the Stabber very viable.

If one were to add a 5th Turret slot, then I'd actually like to see the Stabber be a real Light Cruiser: speedy, light/more agile, for less HP.

I'd not want to see dronebay expanded. That should be an exclusive for Stabber Fleet Issue. That is not for me to decide though.

Using tablet, typoes are common and I'm not going to fix them all.

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#953 - 2012-11-26 10:19:55 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Meldorn Vaash wrote:
Fozzie,

I heard from a CCP blue post they have something in mind for the rifter still for this release? can a blue confirm?

We don't have any Rifter changes coming in Retri.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#954 - 2012-11-26 11:04:40 UTC
Why would the Rifter need a rebalance again?

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Rick Rymes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#955 - 2012-11-26 12:09:57 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Meldorn Vaash wrote:
Fozzie,

We don't have any Rifter changes coming in Retri.

What about Post-Retri?
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#956 - 2012-11-26 12:28:21 UTC
^ I heard they are doing a lego polish and overhaul to the rifter, that is a buff to look forward to, if there is one.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Vayn Baxtor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#957 - 2012-11-26 16:45:39 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Why would the Rifter need a rebalance again?

Slasher and Breacher took (or will be taking) over its capabilities somewhat, making another check worthwhile. IIRC, Rifter and Slasher have the same bonuses.

There was a posting somewhere about something nice n special for Rifter coming, but looking now at blue comment - either its a surprise or nada.

Using tablet, typoes are common and I'm not going to fix them all.

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#958 - 2012-11-26 19:55:53 UTC
TBH the rifter sort of lost its roll with the slasher that simply does the same thing but better.

Would be interesting as an arty platform i guess? that way it wouldn't be exactly the same as the slasher but worse.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Rick Rymes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#959 - 2012-11-27 11:12:39 UTC
Nice to see all the same faces Big smile

See you all again on the Combat frig forum.
Gangname Style
Doomheim
#960 - 2012-11-27 14:37:27 UTC
Stabber is so bad.

Sadface.