These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Richness Metric

First post
Author
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-11-23 14:02:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Sisohiv
Demolishar wrote:
DeBingJos wrote:
It's not about the wallet, it's about the assets.

Yeah, I changed it to "wealth".
Maybe we can call 100B-999B "upper middle class" and 1B-99B "lower middle class"

Asset included, I'd put most of EVE in the poor to lower middle class group. I think this can be backed when complaints rise about 600 mill Plex. For someone with a wallet of 10 billion and an ability to keep that wallet there, 600 mill as a means to play the game is not something you would see objection to.
Demolishar
United Aggression
#22 - 2012-11-23 14:10:22 UTC
Sisohiv wrote:

Asset included, I'd put most of EVE in the poor to lower middle class group. I think this can be backed when complaints rise about 600 mill Plex. For someone with a wallet of 10 billion and an ability to keep that wallet there, 600 mill as a means to play the game is not something you would see objection to.

"Watch what they do, not what they say"

PLEX volume sold has not dropped significantly.
TriadSte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-11-23 14:33:46 UTC
I see definition of rich as very different. I have the ability to help new players. I pretty regularly give out isk to new players who are a bit stuck or perhaps have had their ships blown up. I give them isk and ofer help on the fit they use.

For me that makes me feel "rich"

Like in real life, I'm not what you'd call wealthy. I live a decent life but I'm not money rich but my 2 sons and my fiance make me feel like i'm the richest father partner alive.

Also going on the above poster speaking about if youre worth 10 billion - 600 million for a plex is nothing.

Thats totally wrong because 600mil is 6% of your wealth, a good sum by anyones standards.

The rich do not throw money away, that's why they're rich in the first place.
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#24 - 2012-11-23 15:41:03 UTC
<5b is poor, <80b is middle class, <500b is upper class, >500b is the aristocracy
Riddick Liddell
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-11-23 15:54:09 UTC
TriadSte wrote:
I see definition of rich as very different. I have the ability to help new players. I pretty regularly give out isk to new players who are a bit stuck or perhaps have had their ships blown up. I give them isk and ofer help on the fit they use.

For me that makes me feel "rich"

Like in real life, I'm not what you'd call wealthy. I live a decent life but I'm not money rich but my 2 sons and my fiance make me feel like i'm the richest father partner alive.

Also going on the above poster speaking about if youre worth 10 billion - 600 million for a plex is nothing.

Thats totally wrong because 600mil is 6% of your wealth, a good sum by anyones standards.

The rich do not throw money away, that's why they're rich in the first place.

If you had no ISK income for a year, you could pay for that year in Plex and still have 2.8 billion ISK. I'd say that's a bargain.

I agree on everything else. I'm not sure the OP was trying to reduce EVE to it's ISK value, just looking at one aspect of EVE. That being ISK value in it compared to others. No amount of ISK in the game can pay for a podding when you didn't have an updated clone and lose 3 weeks of SP. "Rich" is optic but I'd say sitting on a year of free EVE is pretty darn rich.
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#26 - 2012-11-23 15:55:56 UTC
I am apparently poor then. Sad

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#27 - 2012-11-23 15:59:40 UTC
DeBingJos wrote:
It's not about the wallet, it's about the assets.

Dat asset Cool

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#28 - 2012-11-23 16:08:17 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:

LOL....right.
Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
#29 - 2012-11-23 16:09:44 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:

Yes, it must be tough when you are down to your last couple of Polaris frigates.

Fear God and Thread Nought

TriadSte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-11-23 16:20:37 UTC
The thing is that there is so much isk available in Eve if you do the right things in the right places.

Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#31 - 2012-11-23 16:49:54 UTC
I have lot's of rifters. Does that make me rich?

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

Qvar Dar'Zanar
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-11-23 16:57:46 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
<5b is poor, <80b is middle class, <500b is upper class, >500b is the aristocracy

I feel this as more acurate than the OP.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#33 - 2012-11-23 17:00:10 UTC

I would say yes. You are rich in spirit. Big smile

Signatures should be used responsibly...

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-11-23 17:02:38 UTC
I can go from 1mill to 1Bill in a a day or 2 and thats not from selling any assets i have right now. How can you base wealth on what you have?

I dont particularly worry when my wallet hits under a mill. Gives me a challenge when i cant afford ammo ;)

No Worries

EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#35 - 2012-11-23 18:22:35 UTC
Very simple OP,

Count up how many tech moons a person owns, that will tell you how rich they are.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#36 - 2012-11-23 18:24:05 UTC
EI Digin wrote:
Very simple OP,

Count up how many tech moons a person owns, that will tell you how rich they are.

500 billion a month according to public reports from the source.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#37 - 2012-11-23 18:29:32 UTC
So with this... I would go from being super rich to being middle class overnight.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#38 - 2012-11-23 18:38:27 UTC
Umm, derp? Only true if the majority of EVE pilots are lower class peasants in a feudal society... but are they?

Only in Amarr.

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Demolishar
United Aggression
#39 - 2012-11-23 18:45:21 UTC
Tul Breetai wrote:
Umm, derp? Only true if the majority of EVE pilots are lower class peasants in a feudal society... but are they?

Only in Amarr.

Those stats are just for wallet ISK rather than including assets as well.
Alara IonStorm
#40 - 2012-11-23 18:48:51 UTC
Tul Breetai wrote:

Only in Amarr.

745 Active Accounts...

I thought it was 300-400k.