These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Weird thinking or something we can see with the new Bounty system?

First post
Author
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#21 - 2012-11-22 16:48:54 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Aryth wrote:

Looking closer does not change anything. Either he is saying that manipulating item prices is against the EULA, or he was making a snarky reply.

He was attemping to make a joke(as in a humorous response) by implying the creepy staring of CCP Guard is the secret CCP method of deterring exploitation of the mechanic.

Surely you can see how a post by a developer which implies, even jokingly, that market manipulation is an exploit and against the EULA is a bad thing?

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#22 - 2012-11-22 16:53:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
corestwo wrote:
Aryth wrote:

Looking closer does not change anything. Either he is saying that manipulating item prices is against the EULA, or he was making a snarky reply.

He was attemping to make a joke(as in a humorous response) by implying the creepy staring of CCP Guard is the secret CCP method of deterring exploitation of the mechanic.

Surely you can see how a post by a developer which implies, even jokingly, that market manipulation is an exploit and against the EULA is a bad thing?

And it's against forum rules, too.

Posts need to have content. They need to be either opinion or factual, not misrepresentation or rumor. Further, trolling is not permitted.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#23 - 2012-11-22 17:17:11 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
corestwo wrote:
Aryth wrote:

Posts need to have content. They need to be either opinion or factual, not misrepresentation or rumor. Further, trolling is not permitted.

I hate people who get all butthurt when an official makes a joke. So we have to have a completely professional and serious-face relationship with CCP now?
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#24 - 2012-11-22 17:19:01 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
corestwo wrote:
Aryth wrote:

I hate people who get all butthurt when an official makes a joke. So we have to have a completely professional and serious-face relationship with CCP now?

Considering the nature of the subject - namely, the literal "sandboxiness" of the market as a whole in which many people make there eve-living - it's not unreasonable to get "butthurt" and want things to be made very clear.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#25 - 2012-11-22 17:19:13 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
corestwo wrote:
Aryth wrote:

They aren't my rules.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Aryth
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2012-11-22 18:03:46 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
corestwo wrote:
Aryth wrote:

If by butthurt, and professional, you mean, simply asking for clarification. I am 75% sure he was joking myself, but given they had expressed this exact statement in seriousness recently for a short period of time, it is not unreasonable to simply ask, "Hey man, lol right?"

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Mr Pragmatic
#27 - 2012-11-22 19:00:19 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
They said it would be similar to how FW system calculates LP payouts for kills, but is being made more resilient to manipulation by secret methods they aren't telling players.

This is our method.

Can someone please explain to me why this is funny or interesting?

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

YoYo NickyYo
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-11-22 19:26:42 UTC
I wouldn't worry too much. Someone will find a way to game the system, it will only be a matter of days......Cool

I am not, nor will I ever be...Nicky Yo.... The question you should ask is.....When will they release the NICKY!

Specialbus Windowlicker
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-12-19 15:47:53 UTC
How would this work for implants?
Is the price I see when the implant in in my hanger indicative of the actual value if I got podded once it was installed?

Is there a way to view these "Eve-wide" average prices?
Taria Katelo
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-12-19 17:22:07 UTC
Aryth wrote:
If by butthurt, and professional, you mean, simply asking for clarification. I am 75% sure he was joking myself, but given they had expressed this exact statement in seriousness recently for a short period of time, it is not unreasonable to simply ask, "Hey man, lol right?"

he never posted anything about market manipulation. what his comment of the EULA and CCP Guard was to, was the gaming of an ingame calculation method of the amount of ISK or LP payed out to players. Manipulating something to game that system is clearly an exploit. but he never said anything that could be thought of as "any market manipulation is not allowed". so stop playing dumb and gtfo troll
Commander Spurty
#31 - 2012-12-19 17:26:13 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
They said it would be similar to how FW system calculates LP payouts for kills, but is being made more resilient to manipulation by secret methods they aren't telling players.

This is our method.

So Voodoo then! Shocked

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Commander Spurty
#32 - 2012-12-19 17:30:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Spurty
Mr Pragmatic wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
[quote=Destination SkillQueue]They said it would be similar to how FW system calculates LP payouts for kills, but is being made more resilient to manipulation by secret methods they aren't telling players.

This is our method.

Hmm

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Previous page12