These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Bounties, Kill Rights, New Modules and War in Retribution

First post First post
Author
cBOLTSON
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#161 - 2012-11-22 11:46:39 UTC
Personally I just play the game and you guys make changes, so I deal with them. I would only comment if I think something is very messed up or really wrong.

It has come to my attention that you are increasing cap usage for the ASB. Have you considered how this will affect the tournament teams? (I like the fact people can make sustained ASB tanks with a few cap transfers)

The good old days of Unreal Tournament, fragging and sniping on Facing Worlds, listening to Foregone Destruction.......

Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#162 - 2012-11-22 11:47:19 UTC
Please change the colour from Orange for a Bounty Target. Currently in Faction Warfare, enemies are already orange. Pink is good this time of year I hear? But seriously, there are like other colours available ;)

"The game is mostly played by men - 97%. But 40% of them play as women... so thats fine."  - CCP t0rfifrans 

Kaeda Maxwell
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#163 - 2012-11-22 11:51:22 UTC
Best thing ever. I think I just unquit EVE.

Now I have to go create a bounty hunting organisation. Cool
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#164 - 2012-11-22 12:23:20 UTC
Moonaura wrote:
Please change the colour from Orange for a Bounty Target. Currently in Faction Warfare, enemies are already orange. Pink is good this time of year I hear? But seriously, there are like other colours available ;)

Bounty guy has black background (pilots with available kill rights have orange), I agree, pink would be much MUCH MUCH better but the art director (CCP Huskarl) doesn't like pink in EVE.. do you think I should maybe take it personally?

Buuuuut do you know that you can change all the color tags to your liking by opening the overview settings, go to appearance, colortag and right click on the entry you want to change the color of and pick a color you like Big smile

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Dieter Rams
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#165 - 2012-11-22 12:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Dieter Rams
Cordo Draken wrote:
Ok, I was just reminded and yet didn't see any further iteration on the topic of NOT being able to Eject with a Weapons flag? Is that staying as is? All because of the T3s? So someone going down in flames can't pre-explosion-eject to save their pod, or try to remember to stop firing 60 seconds before they pop (as if we really want to stop fighting). The option to eject should always be up to the pilot. With the concern to T3's just write it so if their T3 ship (that still has them with Ownership) pops after they eject, they still get the skill loss hit. Is this too difficult to do?

And... Wormholes... Why the hell does a Wormhole care what flag you have to deny you access if you are Criminally flag? I didn't realize that wormholes had intelligence.

Anything on this kind of stuff for the new Aggro mechanics?

A lot of it is good, but some stuff just doesn't make any logical sense.

Can we please have an update on this? Like players weren't risk averse enough already...
Kmelx
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#166 - 2012-11-22 12:46:29 UTC
Andre Coeurl wrote:
Surely there's still time to review this nerf before the expansion.

Your clearly unfamiliar with the way CCP operate.

It goes something like this - make bad decision>people complain about bad decision> screw it, not like we care what they think> implement bad decision anyway>annoy large numbers of people>if bad decision is not truly game breaking, its just bad>never give it another thought and go and break something else.

Crap ASB nerf is crap.

Ten Bulls
Sons of Olsagard
#167 - 2012-11-22 12:53:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Ten Bulls
"If you’re fighting a character that has bounty on him and he self-destructs or is killed by CONCORD, you still get the bounty. The bounty then goes to the player with the highest damage contribution."

If your in a high sec suicide squad, can you do 1 damage to each other, shoot the high value target, get popped by concord, and collect bounties on each other.

If so it effectively means bounties are useless against gankers because they can collect each others bounties when they plan on getting killed by concord.

IMO concord should collect/neutralize the bounty if they do the most damage.
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#168 - 2012-11-22 13:17:17 UTC
Dieter Rams wrote:
Cordo Draken wrote:
Ok, I was just reminded and yet didn't see any further iteration on the topic of NOT being able to Eject with a Weapons flag? Is that staying as is? All because of the T3s? So someone going down in flames can't pre-explosion-eject to save their pod, or try to remember to stop firing 60 seconds before they pop (as if we really want to stop fighting). The option to eject should always be up to the pilot. With the concern to T3's just write it so if their T3 ship (that still has them with Ownership) pops after they eject, they still get the skill loss hit. Is this too difficult to do?

And... Wormholes... Why the hell does a Wormhole care what flag you have to deny you access if you are Criminally flag? I didn't realize that wormholes had intelligence.

Anything on this kind of stuff for the new Aggro mechanics?

A lot of it is good, but some stuff just doesn't make any logical sense.

Can we please have an update on this? Like players weren't risk averse enough already...

We've looked at the eject-timer concerns when they were raised, but that change is currently still going ahead.

The wormhole restriction is there because evading CONCORD in high-sec is always an exploit, and so high-sec wormholes have to prevent criminals from using them for this reason.

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#169 - 2012-11-22 14:02:21 UTC  |  Edited by: TheBlueMonkey
I've skipped pages so this may have been covered but...

Here's a situation.

2 pirates are bout to go out pirating.
Pirate A has a huge bounty on his head and he's decided to fly his fancy faction BS.
before they go out, they spend 15 min with pirate B shooting at Pirate A while repping him at the same time.

the two pirates then go out and withing 15min Pirate A dies in an explosion.

Pirate B would appear on that kill mail from the previous aggression and would have the highest damage done.

Would pirate B get the bounty?

edit:
Further more, if they kept firing the odd shot here and there at each other, they'd keep the aggression between each other and keep adding to the damage done.

So when either died they'd get the bounty?
Caldari 5
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. S.A.S
Affirmative.
#170 - 2012-11-22 14:18:24 UTC
Quote:
Reactive Armor Hardener – this module is basically doing what it’s supposed to do, but we wanted to give it a bit more oomph, so we’ve increased how much the resistances shift every cycle. It is now 6% instead of 3%. Also, the skill Armor Resistance Phasing now also reduces capacitor need of using a RAH.

Hrmmm I came across this for the first time in the market a couple of days ago and thought that it was a dodgy ENAM that required Cap. The Attributes tab doesn't include anything about the Resistance Changes, and the Fluff on the Description tab was very Vague.

Salvage drones look good, I might change the fit on the Orca to 2 Tractors(+ Gang Link) and include a flight of these with the Medium T2 Combats for HS.
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#171 - 2012-11-22 14:43:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Michael Harari
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Nalha Saldana wrote:
Oh my god you can activate MJD and cloak instantly then you will remain cloak for the spool up time AND be cloaked when landing, just tried on bucky.

This is a defect that will be fixed before Retribution. Sorry Big smile

What about the defect where you can MJD out of a hundred long points, land on a hundred seboed interceptors and still warp away before any of them lock you, in your triple plate baddon?
StuRyan
Space Wolves ind.
Solyaris Chtonium
#172 - 2012-11-22 17:14:40 UTC  |  Edited by: StuRyan
"Ancillary Shield Boosters – we’re reducing the capacity by 30%, increasing the capacitor need by 40% and increased the duration of the X-Large ASB to 5 seconds from 4. We’ve tested several other changes, but feel this is enough at this stage. We want to be cautious in not nerfing them too much, but if further changes are needed we have another batch ready (this would make the ASBs use a small amount of cap even when fueled by a cap booster). But we don’t want to do that unless it is obviously needed."

Why do you always bring the nerf hammer down on items that are actually really enjoyable. I means, it gives people the chance to live on the edge and try NEW game tactics out. I appreciate peoples opinion on this module being too imbalanced, but take off the reactive cap, put the proactive thinking face on and come up with something original that combats this module.....

Serisouly... imbalance is good, in time you create under currents...and the result of that is new gaming styles.. Stop nerfing ****.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#173 - 2012-11-22 17:47:58 UTC
Quote:
It will not be possible to place bounties on NPC characters (like agents) or corporations (but you can place a bounty on a player character in a NPC corporation), nor on CCP developers

CCP, show us that you are not afraid of your creation.
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#174 - 2012-11-22 17:57:40 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
Quote:
It will not be possible to place bounties on NPC characters (like agents) or corporations (but you can place a bounty on a player character in a NPC corporation), nor on CCP developers

CCP, show us that you are not afraid of your creation.

we felt it wouldn't be very much fun to have CCP devs on the most wanted list since you can't claim the bounty on them Cry

Elzon1
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#175 - 2012-11-22 18:00:26 UTC
Quick question:

Can you place bounties anonymously?

Other than that the changes seem to be wonderful and I see retribution as one of the most interesting expansions yet! Big smile
Lolar55
Banana Toaster
#176 - 2012-11-22 18:04:15 UTC
What happens If i place bounty on someone but i delete the character that placed the bounty?
There is already a way to evade knowing who placed a bounty on you just do it with alt in npc corp?
Will ccp forbid people in npc corps placing bounty?
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#177 - 2012-11-22 18:10:06 UTC
Elzon1 wrote:
Quick question:

Can you place bounties anonymously?

Other than that the changes seem to be wonderful and I see retribution as one of the most interesting expansions yet! Big smile

Lolar55 wrote:
What happens If i place bounty on someone but i delete the character that placed the bounty?
There is already a way to evade knowing who placed a bounty on you just do it with alt in npc corp?
Will ccp forbid people in npc corps placing bounty?

you can not place bounties anonymously, if you don't want the person you're placing bounty on to know it was you, you have to use an alt or a 3rd party (I hear some of those services are popping up)

we would never forbid people in NPC corps to place bounties.. it's not that we think people HAVE to do it with their character, we just wanted those who WANT to do it in a way that the other person knows they don't like them or want them dead, can do so

Lolar55
Banana Toaster
#178 - 2012-11-22 18:14:52 UTC
Thanks for the clear up this opens up a whole new level of gameplay for the hunters and the hunted.Seems fun can't waitPirate
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#179 - 2012-11-22 18:51:04 UTC
Michael Harari wrote:
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Nalha Saldana wrote:
Oh my god you can activate MJD and cloak instantly then you will remain cloak for the spool up time AND be cloaked when landing, just tried on bucky.

This is a defect that will be fixed before Retribution. Sorry Big smile

What about the defect where you can MJD out of a hundred long points, land on a hundred seboed interceptors and still warp away before any of them lock you, in your triple plate baddon?

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#180 - 2012-11-22 19:14:07 UTC
Will devs log in to personally collect bounties on players? Twisted

Come at me bros!