These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Been gone since WiS launched, looking to restart

Author
Ymir Sarain
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-11-22 07:34:29 UTC
I've played EVE on and off for years now, going from a total noob industrialist to a null-sec drone to a carebear missionrunner and most things in between. I've sampled most things bar pirating/suicide ganking.

Lately I've been getting the itch to play again, and I was wondering just how much has changed since Walking in Stations was added. I've gathered some information by browsing the interwebs and the forums, but no simple concrete list.

I read something about mining overhaul, mining ships now have a large-ish ore cargo hold I believe? Has there been any major change to industrialist life apart from that?
Is the Tengu still a 'good' ship to do L4's in? Are L4's still decent money?
What about null? I used to be part of the Fatal Ascension alliance. Has there been a powershift since WiS? I know for a fact my null corp has since disbanded, so I'm stuck in deep null without friends, so that's going to be painful, ish.

Anything else that is worth mentioning to a restarting capsuleer? The controls and such I'm obviously already relearning with this trial account, and so far that has shown me a decent UI overhaul, as well as a much improved rookie training.

Thanks in advance, fly safe! o7
Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#2 - 2012-11-22 08:06:09 UTC
I'm not sure how much of this happened specifically since you left, so I'll just list a bunch of things I remember.

A lot of ships have been "tiericided", that is removed from an arbitrary progression scheme and rebalanced to be more or less equally powered, but in different roles. That's the idea anyway. Frigates are almost done, mining barges are done. Cruisers are coming up on the 4th. Every ship in the game will be done eventually.

Hybrids got a balance pass, they much closer to even with the other weapons now.

Tengu hasn't been touched, but Heavy Missiles are getting a nerf on the 4th. Their rage/dps profile was too good compared to the other long range weapons.

Faction warfare was completely overhauled.

The Wardec system was overhauled. Sort of.

A few new modules have been added- Ancillary shield boosters, Reactive armor hardeners, and drone damage mods. Also t2 mods of some things that didn't have em before, like tractor beams.

I may have forgotten others. Hopefully that helps a bit htough.

A lot of new things will be in the next update on the 4th, check the devblogs for the full list.
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-11-22 08:51:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
After Incarna they've mainly focused on fixing old content, making them useful again or improving the general gameplay experience and usability. Almost everything that worked before still works just fine. There have been tons of additions, redesigns and rebalances done on many parts of the game with UI improvements and ship tiericide being the most noticeable. The new additions/features that I remember have been:

-Fuel blocks/POS fuel consumption change: Fueling made convenient.

-Tier 3 battlecruisers: Battleship weapons on a BC hull.

-FW revamps, with more in the next expansion.

-wardec revamps/mercenary marketplace, with more changes coming to fix new issues.

-corporation locations: Easier bookmark sharing.

-lots of graphical improvements: nebulas, engine trails, new ship skins, warp tunnels, missiles, ect..

-time dilation: Slows up time to prevent lag/server hickups in high load situations.

-POCOs: Player owned custom offices for PI.

-New modules trying out new things/mechanics, filling missing spots and fixing useless modules(like T2 plates having no advantage over meta 4).
Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#4 - 2012-11-22 08:52:23 UTC
NPC AI will get more intelligent 4 dec.
Not as evil as Sleepers but be prepared for shifting aggro and your drones getting blown up.