These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Bounties, Kill Rights, New Modules and War in Retribution

First post First post
Author
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#81 - 2012-11-21 20:09:12 UTC
I cant wait to place bounties on myself.
Gneeznow
Ship spinners inc
#82 - 2012-11-21 20:10:18 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Nice work SuperFriends and friends ;)
Gneeznow wrote:
Edit: also now that sec hits are front loading, what kind of sec hit do you get when you destroy a ship? the full hit you now get when you 'gank' someone who doesn't fire back, or the 10~ smaller hit you get when they fire back at you?

It is somewhere between the two. If you end up ganking to death about 50% of the targets you illegally aggress, you'll be roughly in a similar situation.

Doesn't look like it from what I've seen on Buckingham

-2.6% sec hit for 'ganking' someone with no return fire on tranquility
-0.6% sec hit for return fire low sec engagement on tranquility
-2.0% sec hit for aggression on Buckingham with retribution

This is a nerf to low sec pvpers who also want to keep their security status intact because they don't have loads of alts to do logistics for them (like myself)

So now I'll have to be far more picky in what I attack unless I want to spend as much time doing sec-gain runs in fountain as I do pvping. Thanks for once again making eve more like a chore and less like fun.
Myriad Blaze
Common Sense Ltd
Nulli Secunda
#83 - 2012-11-21 20:12:32 UTC
I'm not sure I would call adding a 25m3 drone bay to the Noctis a small adjustment but most certainly I like it. Big smile
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#84 - 2012-11-21 20:19:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Bubanni
Tippia wrote:
Bubanni wrote:
Why not make the bounty payout % slightly higher, the higher their bounty is?
Because it makes higher bounties hurt less than lower ones.

Or by my logic, the higher bounty... the more you will get hunted. Instead of where the only thing that matters is the value of the ship that is destroyed... it adds incentive to put higher bounties on people as the people who then catch them will be rewarded more (even if the target is only using 1 mil rifters :) )

Edit: and as the target gets killed more and more and the bounty lowers down, the % payout would lower down again

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#85 - 2012-11-21 20:21:15 UTC
Bubanni wrote:
Or by my logic, the higher bounty... the more you will get hunted.
But that will happen anyway since you are a valuable target for longer.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#86 - 2012-11-21 20:22:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Il Feytid
Great stuff. I do have a couple questions.

1. There has been extensive testing on the RAH and sometimes it's logic system gets weird. You would be taking a 1000 dps of only one damage type, say kinetic only. And if a lone warrior applies 1 damage of explosive the RAH would shift some resistance percentage to explosive when in reality it would be better to leave 100% to kinetic. Has this logic system been addressed?

2. Why the expiration of 30 days on a kill right? Revenge should not have an expiration date!
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2012-11-21 20:24:52 UTC
Quote:
Also, we’ve changed a little bit how the cost scales depending on number of characters in defender corp/alliance. The cost now starts ramping up faster than before and thus hits the ceiling of 500 million sooner. Before the cost started scaling up around the 128 character mark and hit the ceiling at ca. 7200. After the change, the cost starts ramping up with the 51st character and hits the ceiling at the 2000 character mark.
Haha. The EVE University adjustment. Good work, Kelduum, representing your constituents.
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
Templis CALSF
#88 - 2012-11-21 20:27:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Alekseyev Karrde
Base cost for wars remain the same, the per character just scales earlier, faster, and hits the same cap sooner. Why scaling didn't happen at 50 before there really wasnt a good reason for, same thing with a character price cap that only 2 or 3 mega alliances hit. CCP's pretty much using the numbers I suggested, so if you got a problem with it blame me.

Since we DO have a sensible character scaling, there's no more need for the P-nerf multiplier and Super Friends is thankfully removing it. This will also solve the "honey pot" dec shield issue where lots of small corps left a war dec'd alliance to massively spike the cost of the attackers next war.

To the guy who's like "ZOMG THEY CAN PERMADEC ALL OF EVE" it's theoretically possible and i dont see a reason it shouldnt be an option for someone who makes 300bil a week (or whatever the massive number would be) and can still field the PVP numbers they'd need to take on everyone in empire. There's some scary people in the universe ;) I encourage someone to give it a try; if it's anything like Burn Jita it should be amazing content for everyone involved.

On Killrights: Free openly available suspect flag kill rights are Bad. I think encouraging people to just get rid of them by using an alt to kill them in a shuttle or face a permanent suspect flag is Bad. But the decision to allow killright holders to assign them to specific alliances, corps, or people is Good and I'm glad we dont have a wait for it. Just a shame that someone assigned the killright who tracks the target, activates the killright, and goes for the kill might not get it because anyone can attack the target and steal his prize.

On ASB: I'm with hans. Would rather see a 1-per-ship restriction and keep them viable then nerf them individually and force people to run doubles.

On MJD: Not a big fan of this mod and havnt been since Inferno, but I dont think it'll break anything too badly. If CCP wants it in, maybe players will find something cool to do with it.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#89 - 2012-11-21 20:28:23 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Bubanni wrote:
Or by my logic, the higher bounty... the more you will get hunted.
But that will happen anyway since you are a valuable target for longer.

That really depends on the value of the ships the pilot flies, what good is 1 bil bounty on a pilot that only flies 1 mil rifters :) it would take 5000 times to kill him to get it all payed out :) at the 20% rate of isk destroyed estimate.

I only see a positive side to higher %payouts on higher bounty total, at least on individual players, it should be different on alliance or corp scale

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#90 - 2012-11-21 20:30:24 UTC
Bubanni wrote:
That really depends on the value of the ships the pilot flies, what good is 1 bil bounty on a pilot that only flies 1 mil rifters :) it would take 5000 times to kill him to get it all payed out :) at the 20% rate of isk destroyed estimate.
Exactly: hunted more. With a higher percentage payout, he'd switch to a cheaper ship to minimise his losses, be hunted about the same, and end up losing less than before.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#91 - 2012-11-21 20:33:06 UTC
Celebris Nexterra wrote:
Seconding what Hans said. I hate dual ASB setups with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns, but single ASB setups really add a lot of variation to the game, which is always nice. With nerfing capacity across the board and small/medium ASBs having a max capacity of 10, you're absolutely destroying their use. ASBs aren't clearly broken until you fight a dual XLASB Maelstrom or dual MASB Hawk, both of whose tank and damage are completely invulnerable to cap warfare. So don't nerf what isn't broken. Either that or add Navy 25s and 50s.

That being said, the rest of this blog is teh awesomez.

Yes i think making them neutable is the correct nerf rather than reducing their capacity.

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2012-11-21 20:38:16 UTC
Oh my god you can activate MJD and cloak instantly then you will remain cloak for the spool up time AND be cloaked when landing, just tried on bucky.
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#93 - 2012-11-21 20:45:14 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Bubanni wrote:
Exactly: hunted more. With a higher percentage payout, he'd switch to a cheaper ship to minimise his losses, be hunted about the same, and end up losing less than before.

I see your point, but I don't think that is how it would work... I merely suggested what I did to avoid having high bounties which be no different from low bounties.

Harbingour
EVE Corporation 690846961
#94 - 2012-11-21 20:55:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Harbingour
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
Harbingour wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Elinea Marcutz wrote:
**IS A FORUM ALT**

I totally wanna start a bounty hunting corp now! Anyone else interest, eve mail me and I'll get back to you from my main!

me me me me!! Blink

No fairs you can bounty hunt on us but we can't on you CCP Punkturis, I call shennanagins LolPirate
I hope any kills performed by ISD's or CCP's should be treated like NPC kills & no bounty is awarded to themQuestion Then again maybe it would be a good ISK sink Idea It would be funny to get a bounty report/KM on someone that was killed by an NPC or CCP so you could post the pilots shame of being killed by a rat on battle clinic.

I think he meant he SHE wanted an invite for his non-ccp pilots. We do not get to know who those are.

I was just pointing out in a fun way that I like his idea and I hope that people will have fun with bounties and kill rights as that is pretty much the goal of our feature Big smile

I understand that and was playingwith ya a bit... still if bounties paid out to NPCs ( creating a new DESPERATELY NEEDED ISK sink) & created KM's for the guy's that put the bounty out on them so they could post these embarasments on battleclinic lowering their targets' kill ratios ever been brought up to CCP? Idea
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Valkyrs
Deep Vein Trading
#95 - 2012-11-21 20:56:34 UTC
I've been playing for a few years now and I still don't understand kill rights. Maybe now I'll be able to figure it out! Thanks for making it more clear.

Salvage drones, yummy!

Keep it up CCP!

-Valk
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#96 - 2012-11-21 20:58:14 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:

To the guy who's like "ZOMG THEY CAN PERMADEC ALL OF EVE" it's theoretically possible and i dont see a reason it shouldnt be an option for someone who makes 300bil a week (or whatever the massive number would be) and can still field the PVP numbers they'd need to take on everyone in empire. There's some scary people in the universe ;) I encourage someone to give it a try; if it's anything like Burn Jita it should be amazing content for everyone involved.

Because having over half the players drop corp and live out of NPC corps does not constitute "Amazing content".

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#97 - 2012-11-21 20:58:17 UTC
Quote:
Salvage drones never loot, they only salvage. Also, there is no difference in the quality of the loot received – salvage drones can salvage the same items as the salvage modules, the only difference being that because of lower chance they are much worse at salvaging difficult wrecks (and are incapable of salvaging the most difficult Sleeper wrecks).

Me: yay, awesome new item that will be extremely useful in WHs, thanks guys!
CCP: oh i'm sorry, it doesnt work in WHs.

great.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#98 - 2012-11-21 21:03:00 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Me: yay, awesome new item that will be extremely useful in WHs, thanks guys!
CCP: oh i'm sorry, it doesnt work in WHs.

great.
At 13% access chance, they should be able to salvage some of the lesser ones, but it'll take a while…
Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#99 - 2012-11-21 21:04:36 UTC
"We’re giving [Noctis] a drone bay of 25m³. Initially, this was limited to salvage drones only, but we decided to remove that restriction, so you can now put any drone type in there."

Oh happy day! I had originally asked for a small drone bay when Noctis was just a dev blog itself. Thanks for making my Xmas dream come true, Team Super Friends!
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#100 - 2012-11-21 21:08:47 UTC
Nalha Saldana wrote:
Oh my god you can activate MJD and cloak instantly then you will remain cloak for the spool up time AND be cloaked when landing, just tried on bucky.

Bad ass!