These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

attacking ships with no defense or offense

First post First post
Author
Ginger Barbarella
#41 - 2012-11-20 17:32:07 UTC
*insert obligatory "Hello Kitty Online is that way ---> " comment... *

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Ammutseba Gangulur
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-11-20 17:37:25 UTC
EVE aka Everyone Vs Everone. The game is designed around this concept.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#43 - 2012-11-20 17:50:37 UTC
Lashauna wrote:
i am not here to shed noob tears or anything of that matter, i just want an answer to a question...

why every where in EVE, people always want to kill you? is this all EVE is all about? who can kill who first?

even if your ship have no defense or offense you are targeted and and quickly destroyed and usually by 2+ players...

what is the honor of attacking a ship that can not fight back? for killboard stats? but how can your killboard look "good" if it is full of defenseless ships?

is this all EVE is about?

Short Answer: Yes

Longer Answer: YEESSSSSSSSSSSS

More Formal Answer: Afirmative

EVE is conflict. undocking is consent to be Conflict'd lol. Do't like it find a space ship game with no non-consensual pvp.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#44 - 2012-11-20 17:52:59 UTC
C DeLeon wrote:
Try to see the bigger picture. If nobody would want to shoot nobody down, trying to survive in the deepwater wouldn't be thrilling. Eve is like a zombie survival game except the zombies are the other players (braaaaaaainimplants :D).

In other MMOs winning is the most exciting thing. In EvE it's the survival.

Yo CCP, can I file a petion to make this person a DEV? Promotion through Adoration lol.

Seriously, on of the best quotes i've seen today.

Merouk Baas
#45 - 2012-11-20 18:17:35 UTC
"Ship that has no defenses or offenses" would be a freighter, and I'd bet it was full of valuables.

So why? Because they can scoop up 50% of the valuable stuff in your cargo hold. Almost for free.
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#46 - 2012-11-20 18:30:49 UTC
Dervinus wrote:
OP got his freighter killed in lowsec earlier today, and he comes here claiming this is not a thread about "tears." Heh

If the above is true, this has nothing to do with honor, being kind to others, or noble playing style.

Taking a freighter into low sec with no support fleet is just plain foolish. That's like driving a Cadillac filled with bags of money into the area of the city with the highest crime rate and car thefts, then walking away with the doors open and the key in the ignition. you can expect and pray for all the honor in the world, but that car is getting stolen.

Eve has never been kind to fools. This is just more proof of that.
XJennieX
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2012-11-20 18:33:49 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Dervinus wrote:
OP got his freighter killed in lowsec earlier today, and he comes here claiming this is not a thread about "tears." Heh

If the above is true, this has nothing to do with honor, being kind to others, or noble playing style.

Taking a freighter into low sec with no support fleet is just plain foolish. That's like driving a Cadillac filled with bags of money into the area of the city with the highest crime rate and car thefts, then walking away with the doors open and the key in the ignition. you can expect and pray for all the honor in the world, but that car is getting stolen.

havent you heard? taking freighter to anywhere aka undocking is atm foolish.
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#48 - 2012-11-20 18:41:53 UTC
IT MAKES ME FEEL BIG AND STRONG! 8-D

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#49 - 2012-11-20 18:44:29 UTC
XJennieX wrote:
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Dervinus wrote:

No, taking freighters filled with too much loot past known choke point systems is foolish, especially on auto pilot. Limited the value of the cargo to around 1 billion isk and avoiding systems like sivala or uedema is very safe.
Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2012-11-20 21:11:19 UTC
It is the EvE culture.

I used to play Jump Gate [classic]. As a noob, I stayed in the "noob area" thinking I was safe from PKs. Turns out that game was a total sandbox + non consentual PvP and I could have been killed at any time. In EvE, I would have been. But the culture of that game was that you only PvP consentually. If a potential opponent does not want to PvP, you leave them alone. Not ALL players followed that cutural norm, but 99% did.

ROFLSTOMPing nubz whenever possible is the EvE culture.

(my spell checker is broken)
Pontifex Rex
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2012-11-20 21:50:40 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Dervinus wrote:

Its true, just check "big kills" on Eve-Kill for today. Unfortunately linking to killboards is not *allowed* here, so you will have to check for yourself.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#52 - 2012-11-20 21:55:13 UTC
Is this a 'My Freighter/Mining barge got ganked, WAAAAAAAAA' thread? If it is, what number would this be?

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#53 - 2012-11-20 22:02:57 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
XJennieX wrote:
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Dervinus wrote:

No, taking freighters filled with too much loot past known choke point systems is foolish, especially on auto pilot. Limited the value of the cargo to around 1 billion isk and avoiding systems like sivala or uedema is very safe.

This. I have two hauler chars living close to Uedama and go with them through Sivala and Uedama more or less regularly to Jita and Amarr.

Jita undock is an unfriendly place for any kind of hauler, but you can mostly stay away from trouble with an instant undock bookmark there. The Kaputeenen / Niarja and especially the Niarja / Madirmilire gates are worse than the surroundings of Uedama in my opinion.

Remove standings and insurance.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2012-11-20 22:28:36 UTC
Ocih wrote:
EVE is a 'blow stuff up' game. Everything about the game requires ships to be blown up. There are a million reasons why things are the way they are right now in this game. I'm not sure it can be fixed.

You're implying something needs fixing about this.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Flurk Hellbron
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#55 - 2012-11-20 23:28:22 UTC
Why? For lulz and ur tears....
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2012-11-20 23:35:04 UTC
I removed a few obvious troll posts as well as non EVE related political commentary from this thread.

Forum Rules wrote:

7. Trolling is prohibited.
Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the players. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not contribute to the sense of community we want for our forums.

Please remember to post within the rules when making or responding to threads/posts, thank you - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#57 - 2012-11-20 23:36:10 UTC
Vanell Draeko wrote:
ISK

If your ship has no defence or offence modules must have other modules that worth something so...

*shuttles*

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2012-11-20 23:37:58 UTC
Tarn Kugisa wrote:
Vanell Draeko wrote:
ISK

If your ship has no defence or offence modules must have other modules that worth something so...

*shuttles*

And do people generally attack neutral shuttles in highsec that aren't carrying PLEX or something else valuable?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Lance Rossiter
CHAINS Corp
#59 - 2012-11-21 00:25:57 UTC
No More Heroes wrote:
Lashauna wrote:
is this all EVE is about?

Some people play to build things and others play to destroy things. Each playstyle is valid and right.

I strongly agree with this. Eve is a complex economic and life-in-space simulation, and creation and destruction are complimentary, if opposed, forces - just as creators and despoilers need each other to exist in order to bring the fantasy to life. You can't very well play a brutal space pirate if there's no one to rob, and it wouldn't be much of an existence as a trader or industrialist with no perils to overcome. It's all a rich tapestry.
Tesal
#60 - 2012-11-21 00:34:15 UTC
Not everyone wants to kill everyone. Some people never undock.