These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Mass-test feedback - October 20

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2011-10-20 20:50:18 UTC
Hi! If you participated in the mass-test on the 20th October, please reply in this thread to give your feedback, based on following template:

Machine Info and Settings

• OS version:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • RAM:
  • Were you running more than one EVE client? How many?
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high):

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out:
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in:
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome)
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Amy Garzan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-10-20 21:06:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Amy Garzan
win7
intel q9450
GEForce GTX460
6GB
only 1 client
low then changed to medium

n/a
n/a
no DCs or crashes.

Modules did not continue running when node remapped as stated they would
rejoining fleet after the node remap didnt work until time dilation kicked off
Goon fleet for life! Really enjoyed the alliance fleet setup.
EDIT: Client froze when smartbomb went off.

Where do we upload log files to?
John Joringer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-10-20 21:06:56 UTC
OS version: Win 7 64 bit
CPU: Intel Core I3 330M
GPU: Radeon HD570
RAM: 4 Gb
Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? no
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 7
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 5
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:
Justicas Herror
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2011-10-20 21:10:25 UTC
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
GPU: GeForce 7900GTX
RAM: 3GB
One EVE Client
Graphic Setting: Medium

User Experience

Poor FPS During both the POS shoot and the gate sequences. (Terrible PC to blame)

Average FPS Zoomed In : 20

2x EXEFile has stopped responding messages. Have logfiles for both.
David Carel
SWAT Team Sales Consultants
#5 - 2011-10-20 21:10:35 UTC  |  Edited by: David Carel

• OS version: Windows 7 64bit
  • CPU: Core i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz
  • GPU: HD6970
  • RAM: 12GB DDR3
  • Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? 1 Client
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high and low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 11fps both times
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 11fps both times
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 8
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? One crash but I accidentally the logserver
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Pretty fun fight, everything went smooth. More fun than TQ fights :3
Nicole Genebin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-10-20 21:11:34 UTC

OS version: Ubuntu Natty (11.04) 64 bit
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600
GPU: GeForce GTX 560
RAM: 16gb
Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? 1
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): med

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 5
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 5, no experience with big fleet fights.
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
some graphics glitches, pod was invis all the way back to station after ship was destroyed during fight, pod also got as icon just the space background, station background (disable env) was weird/broken, after that other graphics glitches like only a few faces of the gate rendered.
James Duar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-10-20 21:11:52 UTC
OS version: Win 7 64 bit
CPU: Intel Core i7
GPU: Radeon HD 6900
RAM: 16 Gb
Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? No
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 25-30
Average FPS - Zoomed in: ~10
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 8 (server was great, all lag seemed to be client related really)

There were some client glitches with the names and values of things not showing up - angular velocity, weapon names, alliance names, etc. Sometimes they worked sometimes they didn't.
McBorsk
Multispace Technologies Inc
#8 - 2011-10-20 21:17:25 UTC  |  Edited by: McBorsk
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi! If you participated in the mass-test on the 20th October, please reply in this thread to give your feedback, based on following template:

• OS version: Win Xp Sp 3
  • CPU: E8400
  • GPU: 4850 radeon
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? Only one
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): medium/high

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 15
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in:4-6
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) Well, this was a lot better than the last test. 8
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? yes, one. turned the camera around, there was like 1000s of drones with brackets.
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: The font has improved! :D Had a good time as usual.
BeanBagKing
The Order of Atlas
#9 - 2011-10-20 21:18:36 UTC

OS version: 7 x64
CPU: Core 2 6700
GPU: GeForce GTX 460
RAM: 8 GB DDR2
Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? Only 1
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 3-5 FPS
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 3-5
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 2
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?: Yes, twice

It seemed to be a lot worse lag than I experiance on TQ, but that has always happened on the test server and it's always been ironed out, so ignoring that: I love the new changes. Time dilation was awesome, new font looks a lot better than it did when I saw it a few weeks ago (especially the small font for overview). New cyno's were great, I can't wait to see this stuff go live. There were a lot of [no messageID something] bugs, can't remember exactly what it said now, but I submitted a bug report. Overall, v. nice changes.
McGringo
Multispace Technologies Inc
#10 - 2011-10-20 21:22:19 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:

• OS version: Win XP SP3
  • CPU: Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz
  • GPU: ATI Radeon X1600 Go
  • RAM:2 GB
  • Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? 1 Client
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): All Low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 5 FPS
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 1-2 FPS
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) No Experience
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? None
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Nice new font, quite laggy but sure better without the brackets. Felt better then the last Singularity mass test.

Insane Randomness
Stellar Pilgrimage
#11 - 2011-10-20 21:22:47 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 32 bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00 gHz
GPU: GeForce 9300M GS w/ 512mb of dedicated ram
RAM: 4gb (3gb usable)
Were you running more than one EVE client? How many?
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 8-10
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 3-4
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 3 at first, and then about 6-7
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Had issues at the beginning with a black screen at undock. Redocking was unsuccessful at refreshing the view. Could still see overview and selected items, but apparently the camera drones went offline. Was, effectively, flying on instruments. Restarted client, and after that, problems were much less strenuous on the computer.
Daniel Souquel
#12 - 2011-10-20 21:23:02 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5670
RAM: 6 GB
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Medium

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 8-11
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 1-2
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 5
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?: No

Time dilation is a neat feature, but kinda buggy. At first it kicked in when the fleet fight started and slowly returned to normal, in a few minutes. But at stargates, stations and other locations, it kicked in even when i was the only pilot around. Maybe it's intended that way, but it just feels strange to warp to a station with no ships outside, and time dilation kicks in. But if i warp back to the battle, there is no dilation... its just odd.
Tanaka Aiko
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2011-10-20 21:28:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanaka Aiko

• OS version: windows vista
  • CPU: core2 duo e6750
  • GPU: geforce 8600 gts
  • RAM: 4go
  • Were you running more than one EVE client? NO
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: between 5 and 30 dps
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: didn't checked
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 7, don't really know, it was playable, didn't saw some big issue on the game. only problem was when i got killed by CCP titan, was unplayable for a while, then crashed a bit after. would have needed more people to compare to fleet fight i see often. command were good most of the time.
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? crashed about 2mn after i board my pod, which happened after a very long time for my ship to understand he was dead. i don't get why i crashed at this moment.
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: the camera being so slow is sometimes an issue, as it gave me sea sickness at a moment, as camera was still moving after i stopped moving. combat was mostly lag free. gate jumping was an issue. reconnection after rempaing was extremaly long to load. extreme lag while CCP doomsdayed us. but combat itself was good. ah and modules weren't active when i logged back after rempapping.
  • oh yeah, and as i saw on another post ; we got some strange things on name / ship type, etc, like a codename
Regnierr Toombs
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-10-20 21:33:01 UTC
Windows 7
intel i3 550
GeForce 220
8GB
1 client
low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 9
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 10
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 5
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no
Worked well, didn't notice any bugs. Have not been in a big fight like that on TQ yet but it probably will slow down the FPS.

It was fun thanks.
Josurr
Navy Angels
#15 - 2011-10-20 21:35:04 UTC
CPU: P4, 2.6GHz + P4, 2.6GHz
GPU: ATI asus AH3650 AGP
RAM: 2 GB
One EVE client
Graphics setting: Low

Logserver crashed.
Nearly unable to lock target from fleet broadcast (they moved before i was able to use lock).
Very slow responses from modules.
Clone was killed, used moveMe and a shuttle to get back.
Remap looks nice.

Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no unintended ones.
Very nice way to move between hanger and quoter.
Celas Tial
Defenders of Souls
#16 - 2011-10-20 21:41:53 UTC

• OS version: Windows 7 - 64 bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 Q720M
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce 310M
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Were you running more than one EVE client? No
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10-12
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 5-6
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 3
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:
  • Minor to Moderate network lag during jumps between systems.

Moderate to high graphical lag due to number of objects being drawn.

Only noticeable problem I had was a black screen with only the UI drawing. What I couldn't see was still responding though as prior to the test I flew to Poitot to move my clone. Several others reported having this problem too.

Time Dilation seems to work well and is progressing nicely. While I am not normally in situations where I would see the effects, it will be nice to see this when it is ready to go to Tranquility.

From my side of things (X-BV98) the system remap went as it was supposed to.
Gheyna
Hoover Inc.
#17 - 2011-10-20 21:43:45 UTC
OS version: w 7
CPU: Intel Core# i5 Quad Processor i5-760
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 460 1GB PhysX
RAM: 4GB
Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? Only one
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 25+
Average FPS - Zoomed in:10-15
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) Well, this was a lot better than the last test. 7-8
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? yes the client stopped working 2 times
the font, pl and ncdot supers where nice to create real condition. the cyno jumps where awesome:D. there where some ships that [no messageID ] or something like that on them. and the damage notification where a little weird
Toril Kahntrell
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2011-10-20 21:46:26 UTC

• OS version: Vista 32bit
• CPU: Intel core dua 1.66
• GPU: nvidia 8800M gts
• RAM: 3 gigs
• Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? 1
• Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 3fps
• Average FPS - Zoomed in: .5
• On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome)
• Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no disconnects screen went black on undock except for menust overview etc changing interval did not fix niether did chaning resolution windowed/ etc required logout/login to fix
• Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: during td after test wen't back to gate still alot of ships there and fighting fps was normal and no lag was late to fight dind't notice td on so not sure if that is a factor.
Tremendous Penguin
Centre Of Attention
#19 - 2011-10-20 21:59:37 UTC
OS version: Win7 64bit
CPU: core2duo T6500 @ 2.10GHz
GPU: AIT Radeon HD 4650
RAM: 3GB
1 client
Graphic setting of the client: medium to low

n/a
n/a
No crashes. I had to relog after undocking before test due to black screen.
It was VERY laggy during the mass fight at the gate. Apart from time dilation, the client was very laggy and not really responsive. It was hard to use modules and navigate ship properly.
Tynurial
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2011-10-20 22:50:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Tynurial

OS version: Win 7, 64 bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
GPU: Radeon 5870
RAM: 6 GB
Were you running more than one EVE client? 1
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in FD-MLJ, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: n/a
Average FPS - Zoomed in: n/a
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 8
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 1 unexpected crash

* Black screen after logging-in and undocking

* One crash when I right-clicked on the overview

* POS bash was very smooth. FPS was fine.

* The fleet fight felt slow (obviously!) but responsive. FPS was poor though not terrible (I was terrible and forgot to turn on the FPS counter - sorry. I guess it was 10ish zoomed out with no brackets). TiDi took a bit of getting used to. Once I was accustomed to how it worked, it was clear that the system was performing well (modules cycled corrected, activated/deactivated when clicked, targets could be locked/unlocked etc). It felt much better than laggy fleet fights I've been in on TQ where I've had no idea what my ship was doing.

* Node remap test worked well. I was able to get back into space roughly 30-40 seconds after the crash. Modules that were active before the test were inactive when I logged back in.
12Next page