These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

New destroyer BPOs

First post
Author
Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-11-20 05:53:31 UTC
Hai :)

Anyone know where the new destroyer BPOs will be seeded and how much they will cost?

Thanks!
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#2 - 2012-11-20 06:22:31 UTC
I suspect they will be easy to find on the market alongside other destroyers.

Unless you are among the very first few to login on Dec. 4, I'd just wait out the initial rush a week or two, or three.

I deeply regret buying tier 3 BC BPO late in the rush, and vastly overpaying for them.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#3 - 2012-11-20 06:24:43 UTC
Since they are no different than other destroyers, they will probably be seeded in the same places the others are (certain hisec NPC manufacturing stations of the destroyer's faction), for around 6-7 million ISK. Take a look at the Thrasher BPO for how it works.

Just an educated guess.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-11-22 18:37:11 UTC
Thanks for your responses and advice.

Yeah I can see them going up in Jita in the hundreds of millions in the first week.

But do NPC sell orders for these BPOs run out?
Denal Umbra
Coffee Hub
#5 - 2012-11-22 18:52:27 UTC
The npc sell orders will not run out but if all or most of the stock gets bought, the order is refreshed back to it's original volume but with a higher cost. So if 1000's of people buy the same item then the price can get bumped from 5 mil to 100 mil or more even in less than an hour.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-11-22 18:55:09 UTC
The new ore frigate will be the rare one to get for awhile. Betting they'll be in cloud ring again.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#7 - 2012-11-22 20:00:35 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
The new ore frigate will be the rare one to get for awhile. Betting they'll be in cloud ring again.

I doubt it, given that all racial mining frigates have been removed.
Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-11-22 22:50:43 UTC
Zifrian wrote:

I don't think so. I'm sure someone will be sitting at the ore station in a carrier to buy a few hundred/thousand and be in Jita within an hour after the patch releases.

I would be surprised if there are not a few thousand in all major trade hubs within 4 - 5 hours after patch.

Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-11-22 22:59:29 UTC
May be more sensible to wait for the markets to get flooded with competitively priced BPOs then eh. And thanks for reminding me about the ORE frig BPO almost forgot :D
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-11-22 23:15:43 UTC
Styth spiting wrote:
Zifrian wrote:

I don't think so. I'm sure someone will be sitting at the ore station in a carrier to buy a few hundred/thousand and be in Jita within an hour after the patch releases.

I would be surprised if there are not a few thousand in all major trade hubs within 4 - 5 hours after patch.

Given the price of other ore bps, I dunno. Theyll be high prices too. Hope Tau is right. If not, I might just head out there this year.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#11 - 2012-11-23 04:05:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Teebling wrote:
Yeah I can see them going up in Jita in the hundreds of millions in the first week.

Make that first few hours (if not minutes) instead of first week and you'd get a better idea.
Also, NPC orders for BPOs and skillbooks never expire, they refresh (and also adjust price, up or down 10% from base value depending on activity levels, usually down 10% quite soon after initial seeding) when purchased from, and also refresh at each downtime (hence why they always have just under 90 365 days remaining).
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#12 - 2012-11-23 16:27:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
IIRC the Ore BPO's are indeeed seeded in Cloud Ring. That was true for the Ore Noctis, remember ?

But we shall see.

Edit: 2 really bad typos. lol

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#13 - 2012-11-23 16:51:28 UTC
Considering what's been said about the starter missions, I can see the BPCs for the ore frigates being pretty common. As in, each player can get 12 as easy mission rewards (The career agent missions where you'd get the racial mining frigate).

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#14 - 2012-11-23 16:56:48 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Considering what's been said about the starter missions, I can see the BPCs for the ore frigates being pretty common. As in, each player can get 12 as easy mission rewards (The career agent missions where you'd get the racial mining frigate).

This is not a racial mining frigate any more than the Noctis was a racial Salvageing Ship.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Aryth
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2012-11-23 18:07:53 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Teebling wrote:

Make that first few hours (if not minutes) instead of first week and you'd get a better idea.
Also, NPC orders for BPOs and skillbooks never expire, they refresh (and also adjust price, up or down 10% from base value depending on activity levels, usually down 10% quite soon after initial seeding) when purchased from, and also refresh at each downtime (hence why they always have just under 90 days remaining).

365, not 90

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#16 - 2012-11-23 22:40:16 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
IIRC the Ore BPO's are indeeed seeded in Cloud Ring. That was true for the Ore Noctis, remember ?

But we shall see.

I know that. In fact, I have an alt in one of the ORE stations just for buying BPO (made the trip in a rookie ship).

I was suggesting that maybe the mining frigate will be more widely available, since mining at that level is primarily the domain of rookies. Since CCP removed all mining bonuses from frigates, this leave the rookies with nothing but standard frigates. Given that mining is a common early method of gaining ISK that is important for rookies, I am wondering if CCP might release the BPO outside of ORE stations.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#17 - 2012-11-23 23:00:49 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

This is not a racial mining frigate any more than the Noctis was a racial Salvageing Ship.

Making Mountains of Molehills 10 of 10 grants a racial mining frigate BPC and expects you to make it.

Mow, it could grant the logi one instead, but I'd be surprised it if's not changed into the Venture.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#18 - 2012-11-24 03:44:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

Making Mountains of Molehills 10 of 10 grants a racial mining frigate BPC and expects you to make it.

Mow, it could grant the logi one instead, but I'd be surprised it if's not changed into the Venture.

Screenshot of Venture Prerequisites on Buckingham: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/attikusf2/2012.11.24.03.32.28.png

New Skill "Mining Frigate" required which probably will not be given to noobs.

But we shall see.

EDIT: Strange it does not require the ORE Industrial Skill. Hard to believe that remains exclusive to the Noctis.

Herr Hammer Draken
#19 - 2012-11-25 03:21:28 UTC
I believe the new ore mining frigate skill book will be seeded into the tutorials for free.
So will the new racial destroyer skill book.

And a 3 run bpc for the new ore frigate miner.

There are a few mining missions to run in the tutorials which will require the use of a mining ship.
And all the racial miners are being removed. So something has to be there to replace the racial miners.

So if every newbie can get at least one 3 run bpc and up to (twelve?) 3 run bpc's for the new ore miner, then why would there be a huge demand in Jita for the bpo?

I supose just to have the bpo for the guy that has to have one of everything.

Herr Hammer Draken "The Amarr Prophet"

Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-11-25 03:40:09 UTC
Herr Hammer Draken wrote:
I believe the new ore mining frigate skill book will be seeded into the tutorials for free.
So will the new racial destroyer skill book.

And a 3 run bpc for the new ore frigate miner.

There are a few mining missions to run in the tutorials which will require the use of a mining ship.
And all the racial miners are being removed. So something has to be there to replace the racial miners.

So if every newbie can get at least one 3 run bpc and up to (twelve?) 3 run bpc's for the new ore miner, then why would there be a huge demand in Jita for the bpo?

I supose just to have the bpo for the guy that has to have one of everything.

What's your source for the BPCs/skill books being given to new players? Screenshot?
12Next page