These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: My brain was equipped with the following implants

First post First post
Author
Arana Mirelin
Te'Rava Industries
#141 - 2011-10-20 18:52:27 UTC
Trader 99 wrote:
A- only because we need people that self destruct to avoid giving people km stopped when aggressed.Still work to be done ccp!

Eh? Are you saying if you've aggressed someone that they should not be allowed to self destruct? Since self destruct isn't instantaneous (last time I checked) then you should be able to pop them before it happens. If they still can pull it off, then you don't deserve that KM IMHO. Try harder.
Algathas
Swamp Panthers
SONS of BANE
#142 - 2011-10-20 18:56:04 UTC
I approve of this product and/or service.
Zydrine Megacyte
T-Shirt Club
#143 - 2011-10-20 18:57:54 UTC
Arana Mirelin wrote:
Trader 99 wrote:
A- only because we need people that self destruct to avoid giving people km stopped when aggressed.Still work to be done ccp!

Eh? Are you saying if you've aggressed someone that they should not be allowed to self destruct? Since self destruct isn't instantaneous (last time I checked) then you should be able to pop them before it happens. If they still can pull it off, then you don't deserve that KM IMHO. Try harder.

Think he meant that self-destruct should yield a killmail if someone was shooting them at the time. Granted, in the case of subcaps this shouldn't be that much of an issue, but when you start dealing with caps and supercaps it should give a mail.
Anvil44
Avedis Corporation
#144 - 2011-10-20 19:07:14 UTC
Zydrine Megacyte wrote:
Arana Mirelin wrote:
[quote=Trader 99]*stuff*

Think he meant that self-destruct should yield a killmail if someone was shooting them at the time. Granted, in the case of subcaps this shouldn't be that much of an issue, but when you start dealing with caps and supercaps it should give a mail.

Perhaps a "Good Effort, you almost got him" mail? After all self-destruct, for whatever the reason, is still self-destruct. It should stay as is just for the LOLs.

Don't forget, a self-destruct is like an 'I give up' only explodier...Twisted

I may not like you or your point of view but you have a right to voice it.

Arana Mirelin
Te'Rava Industries
#145 - 2011-10-20 19:14:49 UTC
Anvil44 wrote:
Zydrine Megacyte wrote:
Arana Mirelin wrote:
[quote=Trader 99]*stuff*

Perhaps a "Good Effort, you almost got him" mail? After all self-destruct, for whatever the reason, is still self-destruct. It should stay as is just for the LOLs.

Don't forget, a self-destruct is like an 'I give up' only explodier...Twisted

I'm well aware.. Then again, in some cases it's also a last minor act of defiance.

I know it's not quite the right place, but getting blown up by concord for either a successful or failed high sec gank should show up in killboard stats... /wishing
pmota
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#146 - 2011-10-20 19:22:12 UTC
a good small change is always better than big changes with unforeseen results. Keep bringing those small big changes and I'm sure the playerbase will be grateful.
Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#147 - 2011-10-20 19:24:02 UTC
BEST. CHANGE. EVER !
Rong Targets
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#148 - 2011-10-20 19:28:11 UTC
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Pete Giovanni
Caucasian Culture Club
#149 - 2011-10-20 19:40:52 UTC
FINALLY
Jaari Val'Dara
Grim Sleepers
#150 - 2011-10-20 19:49:32 UTC
Harotak wrote:
Nice feature. Now how about a brain scan module that shows me a pilot's current implants BEFORE I kill him?

Ho, ho, nice implants you've got there, it would be a shame if something happened to them.
Lord Helghast
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#151 - 2011-10-20 19:50:58 UTC
FEATURE REQUEST:

Neural Surgery Skillbook... with some intense prerequisites, nanite control V, salvage V etc... or something like that

Sub-Books to increase chance per slots
Visual Cortex Surgery Skill....Perception Implants
Moto Cortex Surgery... Willpower inplants

etc....

Ability to use MedBays for surgical procedures on corpses, corpses that have "survived" implants... can have there implants surgically removed through a process like manufacturing / research jobs... theres a % based chance of success, based on the slot that the implant was in and your skill at extracting from that part of the brain, and overall neural surgery skill

This way corpses arent just trophys for weird museum grave yards, but an entire profession can exist surrouding corpses that have implants that "survived" of course just like mods some slots will be completely destroye do podding....

What do you think?
Morpheus Mishima
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#152 - 2011-10-20 20:07:07 UTC
Thank you CCP. We've been waiting for this feature for a long time.

However might I suggest you expand it a bit: Let us be able to scan for implants using the ship-scanner or a new device and let us be able to harvest/salvage/extract (whatever you want to call it) implants from corpses; like someone suggested earlier in this thread.

Also, while you are at it. When will we be able to manufacture our own implants? :P
Skullair
Dead Hooker Storage
#153 - 2011-10-20 20:14:45 UTC
Pod hunting in high to boost KB stats = Pro....

Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#154 - 2011-10-20 20:16:27 UTC
Lord Helghast wrote:
What do you think?

Only if all implants are always destroyed in highsec if you are not shot by a war target.

Because once your pod gets suicide ganked by an 8 hour old unskilled noobchar with civilian guns to harvest the implants this game is officially beyond rescue.
Strike Severasse
#155 - 2011-10-20 20:23:37 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
We've been telling you about the cool things we'll have for you in the winter expansion and there's still plenty left.

In this new dev blog, CCP Masterplan reveals the future of pod kill mails.

The most asked for feature? REALLY wow, its a 2 world game at this point.
Dull in High Sec and to High a Learning Curve in Low/Null
(= instant death over and over for 6 months now days)

This should make Null and low sec better playing for the existing pirates, etc, yes!

Do you think it will get people to move to Null??

- the issue is getting people INTO Null and not how to show the details of their kill for those already in Null

PLEASE focus on improving and fixing issues not creating small enhancements that are not inline with goals.

1) Small holdings?
2) Eve gates to Low/Null sec
3) Rewards for Null sec operations
4) Opening up null so not totally controlled by alliances, whatever
5) Ship fixes for those of us not at capital ship level

I know you have to balance old and new player gaming still... attrition is the path when only enhancing old player features!!
Careful

Tiger's Spirit
Templars of the Shadows
#156 - 2011-10-20 20:27:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiger's Spirit
Finaly we waited so long, but CCP please dont forget to implement the clone types. We want to create + clone values on killboards.
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#157 - 2011-10-20 20:30:52 UTC
Can you add clone grade to that? A 92mil+ char pays 30 mil to keep it up to date :b so that information would be nice too

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

okst666
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2011-10-20 20:38:36 UTC
best feature ever...got podded yesterday and have absolutly NO CLUE what implants and wireings I had plugged in. So today I guessed in the wild and just bought stuff (boy ..some stuff is really expensive...). I have the feeling that my previous setup was perfect..But I do not know what it was.

When I login to Sisi..is there a chance that I can see my implant-setup there?

[X] < Nail here for new monitor

Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#159 - 2011-10-20 20:41:39 UTC
Smartbombers of Eve REJOICE! Lol
Silence iKillYouu
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#160 - 2011-10-20 20:51:13 UTC
Love it.

EVE Mail me i dont check forums often.