These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Remote ASB's

First post
Author
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#1 - 2012-11-19 01:32:27 UTC
At present there is a problem with ASB's. Once their timer is up you are forced to wait a full minute while they reload cap chargers. This forces players to add two of these modules simply to maintain a normal amount of repping.

This means other important modules such as invulnerability fields are not able to be fitted making these kind of tanks highly innefficient.

What we need to see is the introduction of a remote ASB that can allow fleets to focus their repping on a single ship which can also apply some semblance of resists at the same time.

Let's face it. With all the blob warfare going on these days, Eve online needs to see an overall increase in the tanking capabilities of fleets if we are expected to have reasonable combat engagements where a pilot can expect to engage, contribute and survive more than a few volleys.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Knot'Kul Sun
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-11-19 01:35:48 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
With all the blob warfare going on these days, Eve online needs to see an overall increase in the tanking capabilities of fleets .

So combat blobbing by making the blob stronger?
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#3 - 2012-11-19 01:40:51 UTC
I agree, ships die too fast these days. Maybe a increase in resists or raw HP across the board? The idea of ships having "holes" in their armor/shields is frankly silly and needs to be fixed.

Knot'Kul Sun
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-11-19 01:43:40 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
I agree, ships die too fast these days. Maybe a increase in resists or raw HP across the board? The idea of ships having "holes" in their armor/shields is frankly silly and needs to be fixed.

Is an interesting idea, uniform resistances across the board? Then rework the fitting system so you have to try and pick your poison?

I will admit that the idea of the shield races having 0% EM resistance as a start at T1 is weird... like the engineers would fix that hole in the design.
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#5 - 2012-11-19 01:44:07 UTC
Everything has holes, and we all should have the ability to plug those holes... or face the consequences. That is what game balance is all about. Options.

Currently there is no option but to put a couple of ASB's on a ship which is the antithesis of good game design.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2012-11-19 01:48:38 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:

10/10

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Gorn Arming
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-11-19 02:07:51 UTC
Eve is overtanked right now, not undertanked.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#8 - 2012-11-19 02:22:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Mars Theran
Gorn Arming wrote:

How so, when a Bhaalgorn and a Vindi can kill an active tanked Hyperion in under 8 seconds? ..or a shield buffer tanked Scorp in less than 20, or.. well, the list does go on.

I might be wrong about the Scorp as it's been awhile, and it wasn't a Bhaalgorn and a Vindi, but the fact is, most ships die in seconds if they are the target. The only thing that keeps anything alive for long is a good Buffer tank, and that's only a matter of DPS incoming exceeding the Buffer over time, before it goes down.

Plainly, everything dies fast enough. The exception being 2-3 Carriers swapping fittings and repping each other.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-11-19 02:23:44 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:

Yeah, heaven forbid you should have to make choices.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#10 - 2012-11-19 03:06:01 UTC
The painful part about making a sarcastic OP is that it's completely lost on some people.
Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
#11 - 2012-11-19 03:09:46 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
At present there is a problem with ASB's. Once their timer is up you are forced to wait a full minute while they reload cap chargers. This forces players to add two of these modules simply to maintain a normal amount of repping.

This means other important modules such as invulnerability fields are not able to be fitted making these kind of tanks highly innefficient.

What we need to see is the introduction of a remote ASB that can allow fleets to focus their repping on a single ship which can also apply some semblance of resists at the same time.

Let's face it. With all the blob warfare going on these days, Eve online needs to see an overall increase in the tanking capabilities of fleets if we are expected to have reasonable combat engagements where a pilot can expect to engage, contribute and survive more than a few volleys.

Funny thing was i was telling one of my alliance mates earlier that you can't just troll the EVE-O forums by just suggesting that you add a feature allowing null sec players to build giant statues of genitals wherever they want, it needs to be much more subtle.

I explained that you need to post posing as asking a legitimate question and then your replies need to be asking posters to either clarify their statements to the extreme or to question a reasonable point they have made with a ludicrous one.

I used miner bumping as an example but then backtracked as CCP Falcon has limited bumping discussions to one thread. However this thread is a perfect example of such trolling.

10/10 would read again.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#12 - 2012-11-19 03:16:24 UTC
Thats all well and good if this was a Tippia thread but it isn't, and you haven't been able to refute anything in my post other than claiming it is a troll.

Please remain on topic, it's clear that there are some new moderators around that do not tolerate flame-bait and generally unproductive posts.

Elvis Fett
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-11-19 03:25:10 UTC
I don't get it, what's this thread really about? Is this some kind of Anti-ASB thread? How original.
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-11-19 03:27:02 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:

It's a pretty easy fix. These holes exist because ships are modular and cheap. Uniformity is boring, we wouldn't need a quarter as many ships if you started homogenizing all this stuff.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-11-19 04:16:37 UTC
All ships should just come pre-fitted and you can't change it. It'll be like buying a mac Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

The Logi
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-11-19 04:43:38 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
All ships should just come pre-fitted and you can't change it. It'll be like buying a mac Big smile

We already have pre-fitted ships in EVE where no choices are needed, they're called freighters and they're working as intended.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-11-19 04:44:42 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
Everything has holes, and we all should have the ability to plug those holes... or face the consequences. That is what game balance is all about. Options.

Currently there is no option but to put a couple of ASB's on a ship which is the antithesis of good game design.

But you are suggesting to fix that by means that will improve tanking (shield tanking in particular) while leaving many of old tanking modules behind, except maybe good old 1600mm. Also you suggest to add capless RR into the game while adding zero incentives to tweak existing tanking fits and of course not affecting solo fits.

Besides, introducing even stupidest i-win active tanks won't ever "fix blobbing" since active tank is irrelevant against alpha. And finally, any sort of RR improvement (RASB definitely qualifies) favours larger group more than smaller one.

Subjective note: capless active tanking should die in a fire. Tweak numbers on existing modules instead.
Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#18 - 2012-11-19 04:52:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Terranid Meester
Mars Theran wrote:
Gorn Arming wrote:

How so, when a Bhaalgorn and a Vindi can kill an active tanked Hyperion in under 8 seconds? ..or a shield buffer tanked Scorp in less than 20, or.. well, the list does go on.

Wow, 2 faction ships, one which is dedicated to sucking cap, the other a ship dedicated to blaster damage dealing, can destroy an active tanked ship quickly which costs a quarter of what they do!
The Logi
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-11-19 04:57:08 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:

But you are suggesting to fix that by means that will improve tanking (shield tanking in particular) while leaving many of old tanking modules behind, except maybe good old 1600mm. Also you suggest to add capless RR into the game while adding zero incentives to tweak existing tanking fits and of course not affecting solo fits.

Besides, introducing even stupidest i-win active tanks won't ever "fix blobbing" since active tank is irrelevant against alpha. And finally, any sort of RR improvement (RASB definitely qualifies) favours larger group more than smaller one.

Subjective note: capless active tanking should die in a fire. Tweak numbers on existing modules instead.

Please do not put hands/feet in the cage or feed the troll. Thank you.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-11-19 05:00:46 UTC
Personally I think ASB's have done a wonderful thing for solo PVP and would be saddened if they are removed from the game.
12Next page