These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Back at It (With Some Musings at No Extra Cost!)...

Author
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#1 - 2012-11-12 08:04:09 UTC
So I finally upgraded my NeoCom uplink-hardware to something approximating modern standard, and can actually, like, control my ships again without my mind feeling like it's been beaten up by an army of midgets with rubber hammers.

In slow-motion. In very slow and head-splittingly jerky motion.

(Ugh. Just...ugh.)

And I gotta say, mates, it bloody well feels good to...well, have the stick and throttles in my hands again, even if not physically so.

Because there are Blooders, Toasters, Drug-pushers, Cartel slave-traders, and all other kinds of nasty out there in need of their just desserts, and it's just made the universe feel that much more "right'' top me again that I don't have to say "I have a headache (literally)" when the opportunity to give them a niiiiiice ******* comes along.

"Right, Mr. Conditioner What-Is: Why should I care, again?"

Well, no reason you should, really.

But the Great Dark is not a gift, like some podders seem to think. It is a privilege and a responsibility, one that more of us should try to prove worthy of.

Preserving its awesome/awful/marvellous beauty by cleaning out some of the assorted trash that infests it is a fine way to discharge that responsibility, and my upgraded hardware has only shown me all over again why this is A Good Thing(TM).

There's all kinds of walking/flying/shambling garbage out there, shitting up the beauty of our cluster.

Time to go to work.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#2 - 2012-11-16 18:37:04 UTC
In the end, the Caldari & Amarr are the dicks of the galaxy, and that's why they need us.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#3 - 2012-11-18 21:16:33 UTC
Lols...What about the Gallente, though?

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

kraiklyn Asatru
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-11-18 23:13:36 UTC
There I thought you Amarr would be the assholes, you know slavery and such. There is a reason U'K has the bloody fist as a symbol, good thing you can't smell the fist though.