These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: My brain was equipped with the following implants

First post First post
Author
Zydrine Megacyte
T-Shirt Club
#121 - 2011-10-20 18:10:15 UTC
Excellent news, however if you decide to add a brain scanner, using it should count as a hostile action. Highsec pod-gankers like me should have to take a chance on not getting good killmails. (This would allow you to conserve sec status if you don't mind losing more ships, don't see much problem with this)

For the record, there's no need to biomass alts you've used for podding people; it's fairly easy to keep killing pods with -10.0 security.
Jaggins
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2011-10-20 18:10:22 UTC
Good addition! This will make pod kills extra painful when pilots lose their bling publicly.
Discordance Axis
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2011-10-20 18:10:42 UTC
Rexthor Hammerfists wrote:
Very nice and much appreciated change, only thing missing is a killmail for selfdestructs!

+1

Would be nice if you could make this happen.
Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#124 - 2011-10-20 18:12:31 UTC
devblog wrote:
and measure it against your peers.

Was I the only one who first read that as "peens"?

Freud must be itching to have a word or two.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Iam Widdershins
Project Nemesis
#125 - 2011-10-20 18:13:59 UTC
Shaalira D'arc wrote:
rootimus maximus wrote:
Renan Ruivo wrote:
any chance of showing destroyed NeX items?

They already show up if they're in the cargo. If the item is being worn it's sadly (and bizarrely) indestructable.

Not so bizarre. You're naked or in a skinsuit when you're floating around in your pod. You only wear NeX things while mucking about in station. How you magically manage to bring your entire wardrobe with you station-to-station is another matter entirely, though.

For the sake of staying on topic...

Awesome change. +1

Obviously, the cost of bringing your clothes with you/providing ones just like them in every station, and the lifetime warranty on things like the monocle, is what makes them so goddamn expensive. That's what I always figured.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Iam Widdershins
Project Nemesis
#126 - 2011-10-20 18:19:40 UTC
Mioelnir wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:
GokuZWar wrote:
+1 as well. Might be good to make it an encrypted ID number as well so that we can have a checker system to verify the mail is legit. but I'd only let the people who make these sites know how to confirm the check digit.

lol what

+1 to the lol what.

Although a verification API would be nice. Given two arguments kill_ID and kill_Hash it would simply return true or false. Even something crappy and cpu efficient like MD5 would suffice.
After all, if someone launches a 2nd preimage attack on a killmail to get on a titan kill, let him have his 15 kilobytes of fame.

They would have to have

1. a highly standardized way for killmail text to be produced from the information provided by the API (so all killboards and the ingame combat log always produce the exact same text)
2. an API that will provide hashes of entire killmails by KillmailID for verification purposes (presumably it would provide a number of hashes for different languages of killmails)

While this would be fantastic, I'm sure there are a number of technical difficulties to overcome and there is surely better work to be done before they get to perfecting our epeen measuring devices. Like making sure that the Tornado is only one of 4 racial, 4th Tier battleships in the coming expansion :D

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#127 - 2011-10-20 18:20:37 UTC
Good change, the tears (on both sides) are going to be delicious.
Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#128 - 2011-10-20 18:21:38 UTC
I'm speechless!! (Those who know me understand just how rare that is!)

Nice going, CCP!

+1 for idea of scanner to see implants (that only works on pods)

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!

Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information

Tammarr
#129 - 2011-10-20 18:22:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Tammarr
Crap change.

* Even less secrets on how the hell did you get that thing on there togheter with that.
* Killmails from the getgo leads to more streamlined fits and everythings fitted the same. No secrets if they go to boom to try figure out how it was fitted.

* Wow. Now you can earn isk efficency killing pods if they have implants. My 30m isk clone says that in the past, people wouldnt worry about pods warping away as first priority in a fight, with this... theres gonne be podhungry suckers with sebos.

Every now and then you get podded, but with this change as outlined above, more pod snipers. more pods lost.
My 30m isk a pop clone is moving to highsec or atleast not going out unless I know I wont have the slightest chance to lose my ship anymore. I dont have any 10s of B's saved up. A pod cost is half an hour of isk grinding for me. or a fitted cruiser or af. Even a fitted bc if you include my usual 2 +3s now needing more frequent replacement.

Frell this.
Pilk
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#130 - 2011-10-20 18:25:50 UTC
(Huge post containing tons of great ideas goes here. I hit "preview", and despite running on a browser with Firebug installed, and despite knowing HTTP inside and out, the forum somehow managed to eat my response with absolutely no way for me to get it back. So now I'm boiling that whole post down to...)

1. FFS, if you're going to allow people to type 6000-character posts, make sure you handle the failure to post (e.g. because you were logged out) gracefully and under no circumstances have a show_some_error() call that doesn't pass the posted data so it can be re-displayed.

--P
Shadowsword
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2011-10-20 18:27:22 UTC
This change, I like it.
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#132 - 2011-10-20 18:34:30 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:
While this would be fantastic, I'm sure there are a number of technical difficulties to overcome and there is surely better work to be done before they get to perfecting our epeen measuring devices.

Of course. But after the secret handshake was proposed as a verification method, it needed to be said that there are people out there who prefer it be done right or not at all.
Siikriit killmail verification number nonsense....
Trader 99
The Black Hornets
#133 - 2011-10-20 18:34:59 UTC
A- only because we need people that self destruct to avoid giving people km stopped when aggressed.Still work to be done ccp!
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#134 - 2011-10-20 18:37:08 UTC
Oh cool! A new feature that absolutely no-one can whine about!

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

SkyMeetFire
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#135 - 2011-10-20 18:42:06 UTC
Something about the fact you demo it with a soon to be impossible KM makes me chuckle inside. Seriously though, good work, glad to see this getting implemented. Now just to ensure KBs don't automatically hide pods so its easier to find out what we just blew up.
Anne Sapyx
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#136 - 2011-10-20 18:42:38 UTC
Excellent addition. Will immediately update the YaKB.

P.S. When can we salvage the corpses?

_First YaKB '__Public Demo'_

none nalim
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#137 - 2011-10-20 18:45:10 UTC
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
I was pull to a parallel universe were CCP does what we request. Big smile

Only one more thing:

Allows us to change chars without the need to LOGOUT!

+1
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#138 - 2011-10-20 18:45:46 UTC
Meh, I didn't want those implants anyway.

Twisted
Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#139 - 2011-10-20 18:47:43 UTC
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Y'know, while you're on killmails --- can you put a fix, or a flag, in place to distinguish between destroyed/dropped BPO's and BPC's...?

This would be nice.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#140 - 2011-10-20 18:47:51 UTC
l3VGV wrote:
Dear CCP!

You'ar about to make some changes in killmail sysytem anyway, so can u please add killmail id in the text of mail? same number as we have in API system. like row killID="19825588" in xmls. and add it to mail like

2011.10.20 08:23

MessageID: 19825588
Victim: Text example
Corp: Deep Core Mining Inc.
Alliance: None
Faction: None
Destroyed: some ship
System: somewere
Security: 0.0
Damage Taken: 1068337

it will alow us to find duplicates much easy then now, KBs rigth now check if it alrady have mail by comparing name, time and ship type. so for example if i drop 10 shuttles from my carrier and then u smartbomb them, u will have 10 exacly same mails. KB will reject all exept 1, ID field will solve that issue.

thnks.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure if the ID field is readily available via the client, but I'll look into it

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law