These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Favorite mission and why?

Author
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-11-14 11:50:50 UTC
the cool thing about gone berserk is the loot

I should buy an Ishtar.

Sh'toq
Stillwater Enterprises
#22 - 2012-11-14 12:42:05 UTC
And I'm so happy to have 2 Gone Beserks waiting for me this evening P
Threshner
#23 - 2012-11-14 15:11:50 UTC
Just did another gone berserk and it is a very care free mission and for my CNRs tank triggers really dont matter. The loot can definitely add up a good bit when you bring up the Noctis and loot all the battleships.
Light dat Cyno
Treasures Collectors
#24 - 2012-11-14 17:37:20 UTC
Enemies Abound 3/5 - 50 mil in loot/salvage in 15 - 20 minutes is priceless :D
Cage Man
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-11-14 18:58:21 UTC
Dread scarlet, Mordors head hunters, angel extravaganza, worlds collide, recon.. good bounty and loot drops. I kill everything and salvage it all.. my preciousssss Twisted
Boomhaur
#26 - 2012-11-15 20:52:29 UTC
Recon missions, take all of a few minutes to do all of them. Heck I do Recon 3/3 in a frig just like the first two and takes something like 5-7min to get 3 missions done. ISK/LP is ok for all three missions combined nothing spectacular but sometimes you get a good storyline missions which gives you a implant worth a lot and these missions brings you a lot closer to that.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#27 - 2012-11-17 00:04:58 UTC
There's no great difference between missions. Sure some are a little easier or harder than others, but nothing that makes any one of them stand out. If pushed, I guess I would say Worlds Collide, just because of the small chance of a faction spawn.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-11-17 10:30:40 UTC
Lord Okinaba wrote:
There's no great difference between missions. Sure some are a little easier or harder than others, but nothing that makes any one of them stand out. If pushed, I guess I would say Worlds Collide, just because of the small chance of a faction spawn.

much to learn you still have, young padawan.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#29 - 2012-11-17 12:33:50 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Lord Okinaba wrote:

After 2 years of running missions I think I've learnt plenty. Missions aren't all that variable, challenging or interesting. They're merely a way of grinding ISK. I rarely run missions nowadays, preferring to do exploration instead.
null10100
Saucisse et biere
#30 - 2012-11-17 15:42:55 UTC
Cosmoes wrote:
Prison break 1 of 2

Hardest mission I've came across is one good point for it.

Working my way around the bug and writing up a guide on how to do it was also somewhat fun (if very time consuming). Still not sure if many other than me have actually done this mission keep hearing people say they quit cause of too high dps.

Lots and lots and lots of bs's. something like 250 last I counted. Nothing quite like jumping into 30 mission concord bs and blowing them all away.

Oh and the fact none of the rats scramble (which is important in low sec) is just the icing on the cake.

I completely agree with you! Most F****** anwsome mission i ever did in my 7 years in EVE! Shocked Can compete with "The maze" 10/10 plex i did a looon time ago (exit the reward).

Tons and tons of CONCORD/Drones high grade BS and A LOTS of DPS like i never see before!!!

Just finish farming one for 4 days. Takes bout 5 hours to do a run.

For me, doesn't seem to have the same bug reported as in EVE Survival. Only the LCO Gate remain inactive for me. The others one are ok (gate activated by putting the key into the container).

Be sure you have logistic + DPS support. Concord tank DMG pretty well.

Operation Wyrmslayer is my second choice.
100% chance of faction BS with juicy faction modules, always a pleasure!!! Big smile
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-11-17 16:35:08 UTC
Lord Okinaba wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:
Lord Okinaba wrote:

After 2 years of running missions I think I've learnt plenty. Missions aren't all that variable, challenging or interesting. They're merely a way of grinding ISK. I rarely run missions nowadays, preferring to do exploration instead.

so by your definition the difference between ~25mil in 5 minutes and ~6 mil in 15 minutes is 'not that variable'. by that definition, earning minimum wage and being a millionaire is also not that variable.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#32 - 2012-11-17 18:02:34 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Lord Okinaba wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:
Lord Okinaba wrote:

so by your definition the difference between ~25mil in 5 minutes and ~6 mil in 15 minutes is 'not that variable'. by that definition, earning minimum wage and being a millionaire is also not that variable.

Sure, if you want to look at it purely in terms of ISK per hour, there's plenty of variation. Does that make any of them particularly interesting? I don't think so.

You've really just confirmed what I already said. Missioning is purely an ISK grind and not something one does for an engaging or interesting activity.

I mean, if this is just about what mission make the best ISK per hour. Lets just say Worlds Collide, Dread Pilot Scarlett, Recon 1 and all go home.

/thread.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#33 - 2012-11-18 01:22:46 UTC
BR Blockade 4, only mission that ever gave me chills when I heard about the amount of neuting back when I first jumped in a tengu (it was my first mission with neuts involved). Enemies Abound 5 of 5 also, but only cause the first time I did it, I didn't quite understand the spawn mechanics. (warped in, realised I had the wrong ammo, warped out, went for a smoke cause I had like 6 hours to bust a gate with only a few cruisers and BS's guarding it, came back and nearly shat myself from all the webbing and dps)

I would say Dead Pirate Scarlett, but I can't remember the last time I didn't roll 3-5 Gurista EWar BS's in both room 2 and 3...I hate Guristas.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-11-18 04:22:37 UTC
Mining Misappropriation, easy money use a navy domi and rattlesnake and can hit every ship when they spawn right off the bat.

Gone Berzerk, good isk + salvage ( to bad it don't drop cap boosters anymore )

Recon 1, I kill everything and salvage ( recon 2 I shoot the station to get the spawn ) Recon 3 meh

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#35 - 2012-11-18 05:00:55 UTC
I like The Anomaly, simply because it was a beautifully written story.
Feng Chow
Emberia Collective
The Praetorian Guardsmen
#36 - 2012-11-18 14:47:28 UTC
Aptenodytes wrote:
Dread Pirate Scarlet. Take your own gate key to skip the first room, run through the 2nd room whilst shooting a few BC's, gank Scarlet in the 3rd room and use tractor to collect implant. Kill a few BS if feeling bored. Around 20 mil, in about 5 minutes.

I like this one for this method when in a hurry, but since it is bugged and continues to respawn, you can pull 40mil + in bounties and a lot in loot too if you go through a couple times killing everything before finishing the last room
Exploited Engineer
Creatively Applied Violence Inc.
#37 - 2012-11-18 19:34:53 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
I like The Anomaly, simply because it was a beautifully written story.

Oh ... second that. Recon is faster, but The Anomaly does the same thing for the storyline mission count and is probably the only (regular) mission that has a little bit of story to it.
Svodola Darkfury
Heaven's End
#38 - 2012-11-19 10:15:48 UTC
Always been a big fan of Guristas Extravaganza and World's Collide. Also did Mordus Headhunters tonight... 10k Lp in low sec is fun.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Brent Newton
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-11-21 06:04:13 UTC
null10100 wrote:
Cosmoes wrote:
Prison break 1 of 2

Hardest mission I've came across is one good point for it.

Working my way around the bug and writing up a guide on how to do it was also somewhat fun (if very time consuming). Still not sure if many other than me have actually done this mission keep hearing people say they quit cause of too high dps.

Lots and lots and lots of bs's. something like 250 last I counted. Nothing quite like jumping into 30 mission concord bs and blowing them all away.

Oh and the fact none of the rats scramble (which is important in low sec) is just the icing on the cake.

I completely agree with you! Most F****** anwsome mission i ever did in my 7 years in EVE! Shocked Can compete with "The maze" 10/10 plex i did a looon time ago (exit the reward).

Tons and tons of CONCORD/Drones high grade BS and A LOTS of DPS like i never see before!!!

Just finish farming one for 4 days. Takes bout 5 hours to do a run.

For me, doesn't seem to have the same bug reported as in EVE Survival. Only the LCO Gate remain inactive for me. The others one are ok (gate activated by putting the key into the container).

Be sure you have logistic + DPS support. Concord tank DMG pretty well.

Operation Wyrmslayer is my second choice.
100% chance of faction BS with juicy faction modules, always a pleasure!!! Big smile

I've farmed Prison Break in tengu and basi. It is by far the hardest mission in eve. The dps is manageable, but how they drop so much of it on you so fast is what makes it hard. There doesn't seem to be any more bug. Seems ccp fixed it. At least the last time I ran it all the gates worked. Oh I did lose my 2b tengu the last time I ran it too. Couldn't get the basi in fast enough. With the way LP is so screwed up this is a nice mission because there is so much upfront loot.

http://fav.me/d95rl8j

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2012-11-27 20:26:42 UTC
Well, it's been quite a while since I've done regular missions. Mainly been running Cosmos and Epic Arc missions along with exploration sites. I have to say the Level 4 Extravaganza missions are good but I really liked the story plot in the 'Strike' missions, Angel, Guristas, etc.

So if I have to pick one, I have to say my favorite is 'Kidnappers Strike' since it gives a rather large Faction Standing increase, especially for a level 3 mission.

DMC
Previous page123Next page