These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

TiDi The Feedback

Author
Jaiimez Skor
The Infamous.
#1 - 2011-10-01 18:14:20 UTC
Well just finished the first mass test with TiDi have to say the difference was VERY noticeable, it definitely makes the game easier to deal with. Keep going guys however I have one small comment, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE talk to your art department, that little pie graph that appears to represent how much the game is dilated looks totally out of place in the GUI. I understand it is probably just an early representation and will be changed before it is released to TQ, but incase you was planning to keep it how it is, PLEASE DON'T you guys are so fussy about keeping everything in style with the games theme, this is totally out of theme ^^
Pseudo Ucksth
Camellia Void Cartographics
#2 - 2011-10-01 18:24:58 UTC
I think some kind of bar that fills up with a little percentage inside it would be easier to see updates on at a glance
Lord Helghast
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-10-02 04:10:19 UTC
Jaiimez Skor wrote:
Well just finished the first mass test with TiDi have to say the difference was VERY noticeable, it definitely makes the game easier to deal with. Keep going guys however I have one small comment, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE talk to your art department, that little pie graph that appears to represent how much the game is dilated looks totally out of place in the GUI. I understand it is probably just an early representation and will be changed before it is released to TQ, but incase you was planning to keep it how it is, PLEASE DON'T you guys are so fussy about keeping everything in style with the games theme, this is totally out of theme ^^

agree 1000000000000000000000%

honestly wish there was some screen wide effect showing when your TiDi'd... like a cloudy blured frame around the screen that grows as tidi gets worse or something....
Jaiimez Skor
The Infamous.
#4 - 2011-10-12 17:20:42 UTC
Lord Helghast wrote:
Jaiimez Skor wrote:

agree 1000000000000000000000%

honestly wish there was some screen wide effect showing when your TiDi'd... like a cloudy blured frame around the screen that grows as tidi gets worse or something....

My concern with that idea is in itself an effect like that would cause more lag.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#5 - 2011-10-13 18:56:47 UTC
Unlikely. The lag they're trying to counter is server-side lag from trying to process too many ship actions at once, not graphical lag on the client side. Such a graphical effect doesn't concern the server at all.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Ranud Sunraker
Deutsche-Feierabend-Verbaende
#6 - 2011-10-14 18:05:00 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Unlikely. The lag they're trying to counter is server-side lag from trying to process too many ship actions at once, not graphical lag on the client side. Such a graphical effect doesn't concern the server at all.

So? They still culd implement some Client side graphical effect, á la Matrix.
Would be cool. Not necessary of course, but cool.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#7 - 2011-10-14 18:28:36 UTC
Exactly. I was arguing that they could, not that they couldn't (counterpoint to Jaiimez's post).

Hayaishi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-10-15 03:24:54 UTC
Well, when the IC do a write up on massive fleet fights, they call lag, "Spacial disturbances" , so, they should have a bar labled "Spacial disturbances level", or something.
Jaiimez Skor
The Infamous.
#9 - 2011-10-20 09:29:11 UTC
True that is my ignorance for saying that you are correct, there is no reason not to introduce some kind of graphical effect like suggested to show that time has slowered however being able to turn it off would be nice, I personally would find something like that annoying, but I other i'm sure would find it more immersive, so I say yes to do the idea but give it a switch off button.
Oberine Noriepa
#10 - 2011-10-20 14:40:52 UTC
Hayaishi wrote:
Well, when the IC do a write up on massive fleet fights, they call lag, "Spacial disturbances" , so, they should have a bar labled "Spacial disturbances level", or something.

Or they could just make it a heightened awareness effect. Say, when a capsuleer is surrounded by many threats, their senses heighten and this slows down their perception of the flow of time, thus giving them the ability to react properly.

And I don't mind the pie-graph. It's simple and displays relevant information properly. Simple and understandable is key, especially when your interface can become cluttered when you're in a large fleet battle.

Tyme Xandr
Weyl Manufacturing
#11 - 2011-10-20 16:19:28 UTC
Oberine Noriepa wrote:
Hayaishi wrote:

Or they could just make it a heightened awareness effect. Say, when a capsuleer is surrounded by many threats, their senses heighten and this slows down their perception of the flow of time, thus giving them the ability to react properly.

And I don't mind the pie-graph. It's simple and displays relevant information properly. Simple and understandable is key, especially when your interface can become cluttered when you're in a large fleet battle.

Possibly the pod goo's material becomes more potent during these occasions, this way it has a scientific approach but doesn't encroach on boosters?
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#12 - 2011-10-20 17:03:34 UTC
Tyme Xandr wrote:

Possibly the pod goo's material becomes more potent during these occasions, this way it has a scientific approach but doesn't encroach on boosters?

Pod goo is merely a nutrient paste thing that is breathable and otherwise consumable, sustaining the capsuleer while he is not in control of his bodily functions. Nothing to do with how his mind works.

However, the technology that hooks the capsuleer into his pod (you know, the stuff that connects into those uncomfortable metal ports we have in our spines) can be overclocked like any other computer. It could be a convenient explanation itself.