These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EvEMarketHistoryDump, an EvE markets OHLC data exporter

Author
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#1 - 2012-11-15 20:51:43 UTC
Due to popular request, Vahrokh Consulting is pleased to announce the immediate availability of EvEMarketHistoryDump, a free software able to create OHLC data out of the EvE client cache. Such data may be used to create the professional looking market charts you might have seen posted by me in some threads.

OHLC data also allows those so inclined to import it in technical analysis applications and apply indicators or whatever.

Here is a recently posted screenshot, showing the possible output you may achieve by feeding a charting software with the data generated by EvEMarketHistoryDump.

The software, with detailed instructions about how to install and use it, is available at this location.

How to create charts that are completely identical to mine:

1) Populate the EvE cache with history mode data. This may be done by following the instructions stated in the above link and / or by just using my previously released Special In Game Browser automatic market browse web page.

2) Run EvEMarketHistoryDump.

3) Download and install a RL trading platform. I created a detailed tutorial about the one I use for my charts at this location.

In the same link is available the template I use for the charts I post.

4) Import the OHLC data (OHLC-YMD "flavour" for the charting software above) generated by EvEMarketHistoryDump and you are done.

Have a good trading!
Vadane Deninard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-11-15 21:03:56 UTC
Very nice VV - thanks a lot! o/
Its great you took the time to prepare something like that.

I will try this out as soon as I have the time (probably not before sunday).

Question: I assume that steps1 and 2 have to be performed every time I want to trade, right? So that the latest data is available for the trading platform?
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#3 - 2012-11-15 23:57:53 UTC
Vadane Deninard wrote:
Very nice VV - thanks a lot! o/
Its great you took the time to prepare something like that.

I will try this out as soon as I have the time (probably not before sunday).

Question: I assume that steps1 and 2 have to be performed every time I want to trade, right? So that the latest data is available for the trading platform?

Yes, it works exactly like for any other website with "uploader".
Sgt EVE
Garage Bagage
#4 - 2012-12-18 12:49:10 UTC
The EvEMarketHistoryDump.zip contains the trojan TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen
Can someone please upload the software again or post an alternate link
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#5 - 2012-12-18 22:10:35 UTC
Sgt EVE wrote:

You might want to read the article explaining the software and why you get that warning.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#6 - 2013-01-11 12:13:38 UTC
A little update about an issue found by an user:

If you get empty or no output (and no error message) please check the following:

1) That you have actually visited ALL the configured (INI file) markets and in history chart mode (1 year preferred).

2) If you are only after 2-3 items, remove the INI entries and just leave those 2-3 in.

3) Clear your cache and reload all.

4) Check you have at least 2 items in the INI file.

5) Check that you are editing the INI file with something smart like Notepad++
Otherwise your editor might alter TABS and carriage returns in ways that Python hates.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#7 - 2013-03-14 21:23:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Since there has been some confusion about this application (*):

- No, it's not something like EvE Mentat, EvE Wallet Aware and similar.

- No, its output is not made to be fed to EvE Mentat or other regular EvE trading helper applications.

- No, you don't have anything else to do besides running the special web page and then starting the program. I.e. you don't need to export some .dat files from EvE or similar.

- The output is OHLC data in some CSV text formats. Those are suitable to be imported into RL trading charting applications with no additional steps.

- A listing of the software available outputs and examples of their contents was posted about 2 years ago in this thread.

(*) I receive EvE-mails asking me all sorts of things, when I see some of them are recurring I post explanations on MD as it's eveident I was not clear for a number of people.
Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#8 - 2013-03-14 22:26:09 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Due to popular request, Vahrokh Consulting is pleased to announce the immediate availability of EvEMarketHistoryDump, a free software able to create OHLC data out of the EvE client cache. Such data may be used to create the professional looking market charts you might have seen posted by me in some threads.

OHLC data also allows those so inclined to import it in technical analysis applications and apply indicators or whatever.

Here is a recently posted screenshot, showing the possible output you may achieve by feeding a charting software with the data generated by EvEMarketHistoryDump.

The software, with detailed instructions about how to install and use it, is available at this location.

How to create charts that are completely identical to mine:

1) Populate the EvE cache with history mode data. This may be done by following the instructions stated in the above link and / or by just using my previously released Special In Game Browser automatic market browse web page.

2) Run EvEMarketHistoryDump.

3) Download and install a RL trading platform. I created a detailed tutorial about the one I use for my charts at this location.

In the same link is available the template I use for the charts I post.

4) Import the OHLC data (OHLC-YMD "flavour" for the charting software above) generated by EvEMarketHistoryDump and you are done.

Have a good trading!

let me get this straight.

you want to make candles out of our dumps?

yes

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#9 - 2013-03-14 22:29:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Alex Grison
Sgt EVE wrote:

This is most likely a false positive.

However when I get home I will check out the executable and see if it actually contains any malicious code.

yes

Candy Oshea
Techfree Investment Group
#10 - 2013-03-15 01:12:01 UTC
Hi Vaerah

Doesn't the trading software come with fees?

I guess it aimed at players who use/already trade using "forex" ?

please advise!

iCandy  - I have accidently swallowed some Scrabble tiles, my next shit could spell disaster!

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#11 - 2013-03-15 01:30:13 UTC
Alex Grison wrote:
Sgt EVE wrote:

However when I get home I will check out the executable and see if it actually contains any malicious code.

As you can clearly see, there are no viruses

After a review I can say that all of the code is clean. any flagging is purely heuristical.

yes

Candy Oshea
#12 - 2013-03-15 01:32:42 UTC
Alex Grison wrote:
Alex Grison wrote:
Sgt EVE wrote:

After a review I can say that all of the code is clean. any flagging is purely heuristical.

Dat Neck

iCandy  - I have accidently swallowed some Scrabble tiles, my next shit could spell disaster!

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#13 - 2013-03-15 05:08:24 UTC
Candy Oshea wrote:
Alex Grison wrote:
Alex Grison wrote:
Sgt EVE wrote:

Dat Neck

Is it just me, or do I look like a girrafe with a world class case of scoliosis?

yes

Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#14 - 2013-03-15 05:21:33 UTC
Im so sorry to come by and ask questions, but Did you write the software from start to finish?

because I would trust you... and you alone.. just saying..
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#15 - 2013-03-15 08:18:18 UTC
Alex Grison wrote:

It creates candles out of your own cache (populated when you pick an item in your market window) for your own and only use.

You can completely disconnect your computer before starting the program to see how it won't send out a byte.

Candy Oshea wrote:
Hi Vaerah

please advise!

No, there are free charting software. One of them is Multicharts, but only the Discretionary version is free and that's the one I linked on my website for download.
Another would be the similar app I used in the old forums. There are more, as long as they can import OHLC "end of day" data in one of the 4 formats my app generates, they should be fine.

Kara Books wrote:
Im so sorry to come by and ask questions, but Did you write the software from start to finish?

It's based on Reverence, a cache reading library in C written by Entity.

In the beginning I wanted to provide a project for everyone to compile but then in order to obtain an executable I had to:

- Install and patch Visual Studio 2010 (an huge task for a non programmer).
- Manually modify some of Reverence's files.
- Compile the resulting stuff *and* make Python not brutally crash by using it because of mismatching runtime libraries and whatsnot.
- Of course use the right Python version that works with Reverence but also with the Python to Windows Executable making software. Which was obsolete and needed some time to find switches and other less documented ways to make it work.
- Have to manually create proper build files for the program above and all of this requires specifying full paths that need to be edited (I have my stuff in C: and E: , most don't).

As you see the sequence is not exactly something I could demand every MD trader to know how to do.
Thus I waded through all the cryptic / outdated and plain not working documentation myself and created an EXE file.

Even skipping all those steps it's still not totally easy to setup, you still have to edit a configuration file by hand that lists the items to read.

Now, all you can do is to scan it with Malware Bytes and other serious antiviruses (not Avira Twisted) and it should result clean.

If you want to be S A F E at all costs, feel free to download Sandboxie, disconnect your computer and then start the app.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#16 - 2013-03-15 10:57:48 UTC
Just found another free software that could be used to show charts.
Candy Oshea
#17 - 2013-03-15 11:21:46 UTC
Subbed, thanks for the links Mr V.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#18 - 2013-03-15 15:15:52 UTC
Here's another free software to load the charts created by this software: WinTrend.

Here's a screenshot of the PLEX market.

I did not remove the interface around the chart so that you can see how it looks like.

This is a very small application.

It works with the files "Yahoo_EOD" also generated by this software.

Instructions:

1) Run the history dump stuff like usual.

2) Find the file you want to load. For PLEX it'd be:

30 Day Pilot's License Extension (PLEX)-OHLC-Yahoo_EODThe Forge.csv

and not the usual

30 Day Pilot's License Extension (PLEX)-OHLC-YMDThe Forge.csv

that is read by Multicharts.

3) Open the file with a Notepad, create an empty line at the top of all (pressing ENTER) and add this header:

DATE,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,VOLUME

So the resulting file will look like:

DATE,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,VOLUME
02/01/2012 00:00,491000000.00,494000000.00,485000000.00,491000000.00,3134
02/02/2012 00:00,491000000.00,492799999.00,483172021.01,489999996.00,3153
02/03/2012 00:00,489999996.00,491996979.98,483358000.00,489900000.00,2818
02/04/2012 00:00,489900000.00,489930000.00,482223001.00,484000000.00,3080
02/05/2012 00:00,484000000.00,491192000.00,484000000.00,487118000.00,3196
02/06/2012 00:00,487118000.00,490245788.66,483000000.00,487400000.00,3066

and so on.

4) Create a ticker (if you want, else you can re-use an existing one), then right click it => Import => From CSV file and follow the instructions.

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#19 - 2013-03-15 16:03:02 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Alex Grison wrote:

It creates candles out of your own cache (populated when you pick an item in your market window) for your own and only use.

You can completely disconnect your computer before starting the program to see how it won't send out a byte.

Candy Oshea wrote:
Hi Vaerah

please advise!

No, there are free charting software. One of them is Multicharts, but only the Discretionary version is free and that's the one I linked on my website for download.
Another would be the similar app I used in the old forums. There are more, as long as they can import OHLC "end of day" data in one of the 4 formats my app generates, they should be fine.

Kara Books wrote:

It's based on Reverence, a cache reading library in C written by Entity.

In the beginning I wanted to provide a project for everyone to compile but then in order to obtain an executable I had to:

- Install and patch Visual Studio 2010 (an huge task for a non programmer).
- Manually modify some of Reverence's files.
- Compile the resulting stuff *and* make Python not brutally crash by using it because of mismatching runtime libraries and whatsnot.
- Of course use the right Python version that works with Reverence but also with the Python to Windows Executable making software. Which was obsolete and needed some time to find switches and other less documented ways to make it work.
- Have to manually create proper build files for the program above and all of this requires specifying full paths that need to be edited (I have my stuff in C: and E: , most don't).

As you see the sequence is not exactly something I could demand every MD trader to know how to do.
Thus I waded through all the cryptic / outdated and plain not working documentation myself and created an EXE file.

Even skipping all those steps it's still not totally easy to setup, you still have to edit a configuration file by hand that lists the items to read.

Now, all you can do is to scan it with Malware Bytes and other serious antiviruses (not Avira Twisted) and it should result clean.

If you want to be S A F E at all costs, feel free to download Sandboxie, disconnect your computer and then start the app.

The python to .exe funnybuisness is what caused the flag.

Not only did it compress the executable. But because of how python to .exe works it has to make a bunch of calls to

HMODULE WINAPI GetModuleHandle(
_In_opt_ LPCTSTR lpModuleName
);

which in the eyes of certain AV software. Doesn't seem legit.

yes