These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP Training Corporation (Idea)

First post First post
Author
Catalyst XI
Catalytic Holdings
#61 - 2012-11-13 20:42:04 UTC
Moe Doobie wrote:

I NO AGREE WIF U SO U IZ TROLLZ

Dude gtfo my post I'm not even going to bother reading your bs post past that first line.

there's a difference between not agreeing on something and someone spreading misinformation becasue he cant understand the simple concept behind an organization like rvb, seemingly becasue nobody wants to hold his hand while he learns to pvp/ play eve.

what you want, is ccp to sit behind you and tell you how you should build your castle, instead of figuring out the best way of building it by yourself.
Adeleda Adoudel
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2012-11-13 20:43:49 UTC
E-uni is a fantastic place to get literally any question answered.
The thing about Eve is that it takes time to learn. Whether it be a ccp training corporation or a player run non profit corporation. Doesn't matter it will take just as long to learn.

Also with Eve you get what you put in.if you're a casual 2 hours a week player you'll get casual gameplay. If you put time and effort in, you'll get an emmersive hardcore experience like no other game. :)
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#63 - 2012-11-13 20:44:25 UTC
Moe Doobie wrote:
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Moe Doobie wrote:

Dude gtfo my post I'm not even going to bother reading your bs post past that first line.

Yeah, go take a walk or something, I guess.

I make a civil post airing out some concerns and some idiot comes and calls me a troll, and I need to take a walk?

I'm done with this thread. You vets are f**king annoying seriously. You want to insult the s**t out of noobs then when we insult you back you claim we're overreacting. Unsubbing from thread. I see how EvE players at when someone asks a simple questions or puts forth a simple suggestion. You guys have fun.

Regardless, you're letting your temper get ahead of you. Cool heads prevail.
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#64 - 2012-11-13 20:46:23 UTC
You can be in a corp and playing with others in mere minutes of logging in to the game for the first time. This is a problem with players and there is really little that CCP can do about it.

I don't know who it is you are applying to since you didn't mention but if they have been passing you back and forth for WEEKS then I can only suggest they are a waste of your time and for you to look elsewhere.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2012-11-13 20:50:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Rek Seven wrote:

By "work for it" i just mean that you don't seem to have put much effort into understanding how eve works.

There is a basic path that i would suggest that new players follow, and it goes something like this:

1. work your way up to level 4 missions - this will lead you to training the combat skills that you need for pvp

2. Get your sanding up enough so you can use a jump clone - Obviously this enebles you to get a jump clone but you will also earn a nice chunk of isk along the way.

3. Select a corp where you can develop your current skills - this could include joining a missions running, industrial or exploration corp.

After that you will will hopefully have made some friends, earnt some isk and got some good ships. You should then be able to make an informed decision about what path would best suit you next.

Also, maybe listen to some eve podcast. Some are pretty entertaining and informative... I think damage control is an instructional one.

I could not disagree more with points 1 and 2. Level 4 missions do not teach you combat skills (unless you mean specifically as regards to SP), and in fact I've noticed that fresh meat is often better in a fight than someone who's had their actual piloting skills atrophied by months of L4 mission running. They are entirely different skill sets, and frankly I would rather have an enthusiastic noob in a tackle frigate than a generally risk-adverse former PvE player in a battleship.

Many corps have the ability to allow you to use jump clones anyways, or have people who can push you through the standings grind till when you can use one.

Point 3 is spot on however; It's important to find a group of people who can help you with what you find fun in EVE. Friendship, in this case, is truly magic.

I guess if you are flying in fleets that can utilise T1 frigate pilots who don't have a clue how to fit or fly their ship and don't mind being insta-popded at the beginning of every fight, then your noobs in frigates are good...

I would rather have someone that has a basic understanding of what the different modules do and has started to train their tank, core and gunnery skills enough to be an okay cruiser pilot.

And i think that a new player that has skilled up to be able to run level 3's in a frigate will be a much more competent pilot in the end.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#66 - 2012-11-13 20:51:55 UTC
Moe Doobie wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
We have tossed around ideas like this recently. Nothing beyond going "Wouldn't it be interesting if..." though.

Dude I'm TELLING you it WILL RETAIN NOOBS.

Yea, noobs who "come from other mmos" and such, bringing with them their incredible sense of entitlement and need for instant gratification.

Why don't you just be real and ask CCP to make a new theme park spaceship game with low barrier to entry.

Look at my sig line. EVe is a game of Chess in a universe of checkers. You don't simplify chess if not enough newbie checker players want in, you tell them to go read a book and come back later.

EVE always needs new people sure, the RIGHT new people, people would could themselves figure out a video game with minimal outside assistance like most of us who are here have done. People that don't have enough brain power or willpower to jump EVE's hurdles bring nothing to this community but another whiny mouth to feed so to speak.
Dalmont Delantee
Gecko Corp
#67 - 2012-11-13 20:52:55 UTC
Moe Doobie wrote:
Moe Doobie wrote:

Yeah, go take a walk or something, I guess.

I make a civil post airing out some concerns and some idiot comes and calls me a troll, and I need to take a walk?

I'm done with this thread. You vets are f**king annoying seriously. You want to insult the s**t out of noobs then when we insult you back you claim we're overreacting. Unsubbing from thread. I see how EvE players at when someone asks a simple questions or puts forth a simple suggestion. You guys have fun.

Regardless, you're letting your temper get ahead of you. Cool heads prevail.

I'm guessing an age/IQ level check should be added to the sign up screen for EVE. The guy can't accept people disagree with him, can't accept people have been through the same situation as him and given him ways of getting out of it. Can't see anyone taking the **** out of people here. I've seen decent posts (left in the thread) and the only people who has been insulting is the OP.

Raging about lectures in english from people with accents. Screams racism to me. Try speaking their langauge before insulting them, learn to understand accents other than american :P In fact I've seen americans subtitled for americans on american TV!
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#68 - 2012-11-13 20:53:45 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
You can be in a corp and playing with others in mere minutes of logging in to the game for the first time. This is a problem with players and there is really little that CCP can do about it.

I don't know who it is you are applying to since you didn't mention but if they have been passing you back and forth for WEEKS then I can only suggest they are a waste of your time and for you to look elsewhere.

Man, who cares if there are 16 million corps in EVE, the OP deserves someone to do it for him, such as CCP itself teaching him what to do in a sandbox. Get with the program.

/sarcasm
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#69 - 2012-11-13 20:54:42 UTC
Calling troll, only 1 large alliance in the game would take a 2 week old player.....and I doubt they would wait that long to scam you....Lol

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#70 - 2012-11-13 20:56:09 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:

I guess if you are flying in fleets that can utilise T1 frigate pilots who don't have a clue how to fit or fly their ship and don't mind being insta-popded at the beginning of every fight, then your noobs in frigates are good...

I would rather have someone that has a basic understanding of what the different modules do and has started to train their tank, core and gunnery skills enough to be an okay cruiser pilot.

And i think that a new player that has skilled up to be able to run level 3's in a frigate will be a much more competent pilot in the end.

It's all about attitude for us, to be honest. Everything else can be taught, but the goons aren't wrong when the cite the concept of :shobon: being the secret of their success.

Give me a 3 day old noob with a good attitude in a tackle frigate any day. I love those little guys :3

I will finance infinite tackle frigates for them. Infinite. They can get blown up all day long and as long as they keep that good attitude I really dont care, because they will learn how to be awesome pilots because they are already awesome people.
Witchking Angmar
Perkele.
#71 - 2012-11-13 20:58:17 UTC
I would suggest you join RvB since from what i understand they do a lot of low SP pvp, and accept just about anyone. I might be wrong though, so don't hold me to it. Some people might point you to Eve Uni, but all you'll learn there is to run tedious hisec missions.

As for joining a nullsec alliance at such low SP, it's very difficult as most alliances have rather high requirements both SP and experience wise, however it's still certainly possible. Goonswarm and several of their allies for instance have barely any recruiting standards, but i would advise against joining this particular group, seeing as how they're actually not very good at the game.
Swordfingers
The Swollen Horse Society
#72 - 2012-11-13 21:02:35 UTC
So you want to play with the pros (I'm in no way stating that this hypothetical large nullsec alliance is pro in any form, but they may still feel like it)? Then you probably have to be one.
What I'm saying is you either go to an large alliance that takes in anyone and be generally miserable or join a smaller entity where you learn the ropes, build up some reputation and maybe even have fun.
Keen Fallsword
Skyway Patrol
#73 - 2012-11-13 21:18:11 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Edit: Spam removed - ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#74 - 2012-11-13 21:21:58 UTC
Moe Doobie wrote:
Most of the ones I see req a minimum amount of skill points,and the ones that don't just started and have like 3 people, thus seriously reducing the chance that A) They will actually take the time to train and B) Will have member on and active when you are online. There is a reason why noobs target larger guilds/corporations. It's because the larger the group the more likely others will be on to do things when we are.

I joined this game in 2007. My first week, I puttered around in a frigate learning game mechanics on a system HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF BILLIONS TIMES WORSE than the current one. After that first week, I went into the recruitment channel and decided to join a corporation with only 5 people in it, all but the CEO being less than year old characters. In a month, we expanded to 20 players, most of them EUTZ with myself and three other people being the USTZ. We played around in highsec for another 3 months and expanded to 30 people. We decided to move to nullsec and did so. We survived as a corporation for about 2 years before we collectively decided to shut it down and move on to different things.

I still talk to people from my first corp, regardless of them being blue or red to me. That is what makes EVE different from WoW or every other bland variation of it. It isn't about size, it isn't about SP, its about how much you're willing to invest in it. You go out seeking lazy, WoW-mode corps, you will reap lazy, WoW-mode reward from it. You go out seeking EVE corps, you will reap the EVE experience. EVE in the beginning is all about getting over the hurdle of not having a stupid little LFG button and having to actually be an intelligent human being with some level of social skills. An NPC corp will never teach that.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#75 - 2012-11-13 21:26:46 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:

I joined this game in 2007. My first week, I puttered around in a frigate learning game mechanics on a system HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF BILLIONS TIMES WORSE than the current one. After that first week, I went into the recruitment channel and decided to join a corporation with only 5 people in it, all but the CEO being less than year old characters. In a month, we expanded to 20 players, most of them EUTZ with myself and three other people being the USTZ. We played around in highsec for another 3 months and expanded to 30 people. We decided to move to nullsec and did so. We survived as a corporation for about 2 years before we collectively decided to shut it down and move on to different things.

I still talk to people from my first corp, regardless of them being blue or red to me. That is what makes EVE different from WoW or every other bland variation of it. It isn't about size, it isn't about SP, its about how much you're willing to invest in it. You go out seeking lazy, WoW-mode corps, you will reap lazy, WoW-mode reward from it. You go out seeking EVE corps, you will reap the EVE experience. EVE in the beginning is all about getting over the hurdle of not having a stupid little LFG button and having to actually be an intelligent human being with some level of social skills. An NPC corp will never teach that.

This a thousand and one times. The ability to make friends is the IWIN button of EVE.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#76 - 2012-11-13 21:57:36 UTC
Moe Doobie wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
Look, as nice as it would be to cotton wool pad newbies and show how everything is done in eve, that isnt what eve is.
EVE is harsh. Very harsh. A big part of playing eve is carving out your own path and figuring things out.

One of the worst ways to prepare a new player for the realities of eve is to shelter them and give them free stuff as it makes them not appreciate stuff and when the cotton wool stops, they hit a wall of reality and will generally quit anyway.

PS: there are TONS of corps that take pretty much anyone. obviously they (generally speaking) and not the best quality corps but they are easy to get into and get started for new people.

I never mentioned shelter or free stuff. At all. Ever.

Let me clarify my stance:

I am not asking for smaller and easier books to read. I am asking for the books to be easier to find and the library made more accessible. That. Is. It.

look, if you can't figure out how to google then it's really your problem.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2012-11-13 22:05:25 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
People that don't have enough brain power or willpower to jump EVE's hurdles bring nothing to this community but another whiny mouth to feed so to speak.

Other than revenue and profits for CCP?

CraftyCroc
Fraternity Alliance Please Ignore
#78 - 2012-11-13 22:13:08 UTC
Max - I have not read this thread other then the OP. join ingame corp/alliance public channels you like the look of. Just start with a o/ and go from there. Eve is full of cocks and so expect recruiters to panic over anyone keen to actually join a corp. engage in convo in pub chans for a week or so and then require about joining
Lord Leftfield
Doomheim
#79 - 2012-11-13 22:14:04 UTC
Training? I thougth I was playing a game.. Lol

Life is just a 420 all the way home :) Please give me more of that chocolate brew!!

Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2012-11-13 22:16:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Casirio
One thing I learned from my tough experience as new player is eve doesn't just hand out stuff. You gotta go seek it out, figure it out, get involved, make friends, make enemies, and press forward to experience all the great things it has to offer. I really cant agree with your idea because there are so many freaking corporations and alliances more than willing to recruit your noob self and teach you what you want to know. I know, because I joined one as a new player and learned stuff. You need to get around PEOPLE and show them that you are capable of LISTENING, then I can say without a doubt, they will TEACH you.

CCP does not need to officially stamp its name on any open player corps. Its just not gonna happen anyways nor should it.