These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Suddenly, Mass Effect 4, out of nowhere

Author
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#1 - 2012-11-12 20:15:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Bane Necran
So yeah, apparently there will now be a ME4, with development headed by BioWare Montreal as opposed to Edmonton who are responsible for ME3. And it's using the sexy Frostbite engine.

I'm reserving judgment until i know more about the plot. This will either be the 3rd strike for Bioware, or their return to glory.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-11-12 20:41:13 UTC
Did anyone seriously think they were going to let their most profitable franchise just die out?
Baby ChuChu
Ice Cream Asylum
#3 - 2012-11-12 20:50:55 UTC
I thought shortly after ME3, they said that they were making ME4? At the very least, I know it's existence has been common knowledge for a few months now.

In any case, I probably won't buy it. I'm obviously saying this without obviously having seen literally anything about the game, but I didn't care for ME3, didn't care for DA2, and didn't care for SWTOR so I'm not exactly pleased with Bioware at the moment. On top of that, I'd most likely get it on PC and I just don't want anything to do with Origin. It's not the typical blind EA hate or anything like that. I'm just done with having to deal with a million different services for a million different products. I want less stuff cluttering up my life. Not more. I know it would take me 2 minutes at most to sign up for Origin, but I. just. don't. want. to.

That's just me though.

Unless, this game is literally the best thing ever, I can't imagine picking it up.
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#4 - 2012-11-12 20:51:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Bane Necran
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Did anyone seriously think they were going to let their most profitable franchise just die out?

The ending of ME3 does make a little more sense when you realize they never intended to finish it there.

Baby ChuChu wrote:
I thought shortly after ME3, they said that they were making ME4?

They mentioned that they'd like to do more with the ME universe, but never said anything definite. In that same interview they also said something about how cool it would be if people could live in the ME universe after the Shepard era in a multiplayer environment, so they could be setting up a ME MMO. Maybe 4 is the bridge between single player and MMO.

edit: Here's the interview i was referencing.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Bolow Santosi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-11-12 21:51:07 UTC
They should turn it into a Wing Commander Privateer style game set in the Mass Effect Universe. I'd play the hell out of that.
Theron Urian
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-11-12 22:08:31 UTC
Baby ChuChu wrote:
I thought shortly after ME3, they said that they were making ME4? At the very least, I know it's existence has been common knowledge for a few months now.

In any case, I probably won't buy it. I'm obviously saying this without obviously having seen literally anything about the game, but I didn't care for ME3, didn't care for DA2, and didn't care for SWTOR so I'm not exactly pleased with Bioware at the moment. On top of that, I'd most likely get it on PC and I just don't want anything to do with Origin. It's not the typical blind EA hate or anything like that. I'm just done with having to deal with a million different services for a million different products. I want less stuff cluttering up my life. Not more. I know it would take me 2 minutes at most to sign up for Origin, but I. just. don't. want. to.

That's just me though.

Unless, this game is literally the best thing ever, I can't imagine picking it up.

Wow you literally just said almost everything I was thinking.

I don't remember where but I also read that EA is pushing for all future games to have multi player components, like the slapped on multi player mode of ME3. Why do we need these slapped on half ass modes added to story driven single player rpgs?

Bioware has fallen from grace, and EA are the next evil overlords of gaming.
stoicfaux
#7 - 2012-11-12 22:56:46 UTC
Cash Effect 4? Wait, there was a 3?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Alara IonStorm
#8 - 2012-11-12 23:08:40 UTC
Trilogy is a fake word when it comes to a profitable series.
Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#9 - 2012-11-12 23:21:39 UTC
This franchise, like Dragon Age, is dead to me.
Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#10 - 2012-11-13 00:50:02 UTC
I thought they were just gonna make a compilation of the entire ME series + DLC into 1 package?

wumbo

Baby ChuChu
Ice Cream Asylum
#11 - 2012-11-13 00:57:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Baby ChuChu
Eli Green wrote:
I thought they were just gonna make a compilation of the entire ME series + DLC into 1 package?

Yes and no.

Not only does this make absolutely zero sense, the WiiU will only be getting regular ME3 at full price.

I don't even plan on buying a WiiU, but that seems like a crumby deal either way.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-11-13 01:25:55 UTC
I knew about this weeks ago but didn't say anything Cool

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Kenshi Hanshin
WinterFel
RAZOR Alliance
#13 - 2012-11-13 02:42:08 UTC
Baby ChuChu wrote:

That's just me though.

I agree with you there! ME2 was well done and enjoyable. ME3 was a major letdown. Why would I risk my money (which I work my ass-off for) on the chance of feeling butt-raped again?! I wouldn't! So no, if anyone at EA reads this: I am not buying anymore of your games.

I would rather pay $15/month on EVE which gives me free expansions and got a dedicated community of adults. I don't like having to tolerate those annoying obnoxious 14 yr olds that swarm over BF3, ME3 etc. Also, I don't like having to pay $15-25 USD per expansion either, EA. When all your doing is revamping a map from some previous version of the game.

As an aside, this is the same reason I hate the prospects of having those damn 14 yr old kids in EVE, via DUST-514. I came here to get away from those fing brats. No offense intended, to anyone with kids.
Alara IonStorm
#14 - 2012-11-13 02:46:14 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

They need a horn rimmed glasses emote.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-11-13 03:11:34 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

They need a horn rimmed glasses emote.

They got regular horns but they didn't fit for me trying to point out how cool I am Twisted

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Baby ChuChu
Ice Cream Asylum
#16 - 2012-11-13 03:22:44 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:

Baby ChuChu wrote:
I thought shortly after ME3, they said that they were making ME4?

They mentioned that they'd like to do more with the ME universe, but never said anything definite. In that same interview they also said something about how cool it would be if people could live in the ME universe after the Shepard era in a multiplayer environment, so they could be setting up a ME MMO. Maybe 4 is the bridge between single player and MMO.

edit: Here's the interview i was referencing.

Ah, I see. Cool, thanks for the info!
Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#17 - 2012-11-13 06:29:43 UTC
To be honest, from the end of ME3 i was almost certain they would bring out a forth.
Zindela
Aegeonix Systems
#18 - 2012-11-13 08:26:31 UTC
I'd heard that they were going to expand the universe, but no matter what, you're not going to be able to play as Shepard, cause, well, ME3.

I'll reserve judgement for now, but I'd probably get it. Unless it's an MMO and goes the way of SW:TOR. I was pretty excited for that game... up until I watched a friend play for about 5 minutes.
Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#19 - 2012-11-13 08:34:41 UTC
Zindela wrote:
I'd heard that they were going to expand the universe, but no matter what, you're not going to be able to play as Shepard, cause, well, ME3.

I'll reserve judgement for now, but I'd probably get it. Unless it's an MMO and goes the way of SW:TOR. I was pretty excited for that game... up until I watched a friend play for about 5 minutes.

I would have liked to have seen SWTOR as an RPG rather than MMO, KOTOR was such a brilliant game. its just a real shame to see what Bioware have done to it.

On the ME topic. i think it was a Monumentally stupid idea to kill shepherd....Again. though i have no doubt their next game will be a hit.
AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#20 - 2012-11-13 11:15:12 UTC
Played Mass Effect, got bored after an hour of getting lost and talking to one-dimensional cartoon characters - haven't gone back since.

But yeah, they gotta keep that cash cow milking - second it ceases to be profitable is when they will stop.

Tomb Raider came out in '96...John Madden Football in '88...and I'll bet hard cash these mother fuckin' games will have 'sequels' 20 years from now.

Roll

This space for rent.

12Next page