These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

New Eden Open Team Spotlight

First post First post
Author
Arydanika
The Order of Thelemic Ascension
The Invited
#1 - 2012-11-12 14:24:26 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Gargant
In the Who are These Teams thread, the following post was made.

Seldarine wrote:
It is just a shame that our original team name Conmen's Internet Crime Fighting Force of Mohawk Induced Goggle Wearing Awesomeness had to be shortened to this new travesty.

However it is good that the team captains have been released, but I feel more should be done to publicise this tournament. As it stands, apart from people who are just enthusiastic to watch eve tournament fights, compared to the Alliance Tournament where everyone is rooting for someone and eve politics are involved, there is little to draw people in and get them excited about this.

It would maybe have been effective to have had some sort of eve press conference a week before the tournament, where the team captains were interviewed and asked to give information about their teams.

I just feel that something needs to be done to make this more interesting for the eve community at large.

In partnership with Wunder-Bet.com, I'd like to offer teams the opportunity to participate in the New Eden Open Team Spotlight series. Team Spotlights will be 10-15 minute audio interviews held with Team Captains and will be posted on the Wunder Bet New Eden Open page. The interviews will cover several standard questions and can include whatever propaganda the Team Captain likes. Misinformation, ****-talking & all forms of gimmickry are encouraged.

If you are a Team Captain and are interested in your team having a spotlight; please contact Arydanika via Eve Mail. Interviews are done over skype & will generally last 20-30 minutes. Interviews will generally be done in late EU/ prime US TZs. I understand this is the "Zero Hour" and will try to accommodate all who want to be included.

Interviews Posted on Wunder Bet:
  • Goggle Wearing Internet Crime Fighters - Seldarine
  • Perihelion Beryllium Duralumin - IceGuerilla (tentative on pronunciation test - I passed!)
  • Something Else - SpeedY G0nZaleZ
  • Why Dash - Elise Randolph
  • My Little Nulli - Cas mania
  • The Exiled Gaming - Imbor
  • Expendables - HaartSp
  • Team Ineluctable. - AndreWanJinn
  • XXXMity - KwarK uK & Michael Harari
  • Oxygen Isonopes - Warr Akini
  • RONIN and pixies - Dwimm
  • Tengu Terror - StarCrash
  • The HUNS - Justice forHungary
  • Much Crying Old Experts - Tyrus Tenebros
  • Lasy Huzzah - Ryans Revenge
  • Africa's Finest - Rengas & most of the team.
  • Confirmed Participants:[list]
  • Those who have posted to e-mail have been e-mailed and interviews are still available.

Runner of Voices from the Void podcast, Eve Online Pod Pack & DJ on eve-radio.com Sundays at 1800.  Organizer of the ATX Eve Online Meet. ♥

Seldarine
Resolute Supremacy
#2 - 2012-11-12 14:48:12 UTC
I support the use of my awesome forum post in this thread.
Arydanika
The Invited
#3 - 2012-11-12 15:06:45 UTC
Seldarine wrote:
I support the use of my awesome forum post in this thread.

Excellent! Now show your support by being the first team spotlight and telling the story of your original (and glorious) team name and the tragic shorting it was forced to endure.

Runner of Voices from the Void podcast, Eve Online Pod Pack & DJ on eve-radio.com Sundays at 1800.  Organizer of the ATX Eve Online Meet. ♥

IceGuerilla
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-11-12 16:00:52 UTC
You may contact me to arrange an interview, but I'll only proceed if you can accurately pronounce our team name.
Arydanika
The Invited
#5 - 2012-11-12 16:15:01 UTC
IceGuerilla wrote:
You may contact me to arrange an interview, but I'll only proceed if you can accurately pronounce our team name.

Agreed for I have the power of a fairly balanced education in science and google to guide me. Mostly google.

Nina Blaze
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2012-11-12 16:40:48 UTC
Excited to hear these, Dani and her podcast are awesome, and she's in an awesome corp Big smile !
Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#7 - 2012-11-12 16:49:37 UTC
ACH u beat me to it, was going to start doing this myself :P

Arydanika
The Invited
#8 - 2012-11-12 17:03:52 UTC
Nina Blaze wrote:
Excited to hear these, Dani and her podcast are awesome, and she's in an awesome corp Big smile !

Ya **** right.

Buhhdust Princess wrote:

I am looking for others to join me in doing these. If you're still interested, please let me know. There are a lot of teams to cover and I only have a limited window of availability.

Seldarine
Resolute Supremacy
#9 - 2012-11-12 17:12:10 UTC
Arydanika wrote:
Nina Blaze wrote:

Ya **** right.

Buhhdust Princess wrote:

I am looking for others to join me in doing these. If you're still interested, please let me know. There are a lot of teams to cover and I only have a limited window of availability.

They probably won't want to be interviewed by someone who is actually on one of the teams.
Arydanika
The Invited
#10 - 2012-11-12 17:29:13 UTC
Seldarine wrote:

They probably won't want to be interviewed by someone who is actually on one of the teams.

And this is why we need the team lists published.

Warr Akini
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-11-12 18:49:10 UTC
Suppose I can throw down on this.
Arydanika
The Invited
#12 - 2012-11-12 19:08:44 UTC
Warr Akini wrote:
Suppose I can throw down on this.

Domo arigato. Details will be sent.

Seldarine
Resolute Supremacy
#13 - 2012-11-12 23:23:20 UTC
Just finished my interview !

And as a brand new skype user, I must say that it was by far the most interesting skype call i've ever had!

It would be nice if all teams would take the time to do these interviews and help generate some publicity for our fine internet sportsmanship event !
Cas Mania
We - are peaceful people
#14 - 2012-11-13 05:24:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Cas Mania
I wouldn't mind doing one of these. You know how to find me. Though it would have to be on team speak, I don't have skype and I am not interested in ever installing it.
Frank Rosenthal
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-11-13 08:24:36 UTC
The first round of interviews is up, they sound great. Thanks to Arydanika and all the captains that have participated.

http://www.wunder-bet.com/index.php?page=neo

www.wunder-bet.com  New Eden's premiere betting service

Seldarine
Resolute Supremacy
#16 - 2012-11-13 11:03:49 UTC
Frank Rosenthal wrote:
The first round of interviews is up, they sound great. Thanks to Arydanika and all the captains that have participated.

http://www.wunder-bet.com/index.php?page=neo

Wow I need to get a better mic.

But yeh this is a fantastic initiative !
Arydanika
The Invited
#17 - 2012-11-13 12:34:09 UTC
Seldarine wrote:

But yeh this is a fantastic initiative !

Maybe those welders you gave a shout out to can come help you out of that well you're trapped in after NEO.

Warr Akini
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-11-13 12:37:12 UTC
Seldarine wrote:

I seriously can't help but smug really hard right now.
SpeedY G0nZaleZ
Just a side dish
Outspoken Alliance
#19 - 2012-11-13 16:19:45 UTC
It was fun being interviewed. I hope some more team captains step up. Any interest generated for this tournament is a "Very Good Thing" TM for future tournaments.
Seldarine
Resolute Supremacy
#20 - 2012-11-13 16:27:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Seldarine
I am willing to represent the captains of other teams if they wish me to do the interview for their team on their behalf.

In fact, after my interview was over I was informed it was she best interview for the New Eden Open she had ever done. That my professionalism and "in character" responses were befitting of a true paragon of the internet.
123Next page